• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

I also had a "happy accident" with the Mako. I was using a paper plate with a scalloped edge and some of the dye transferred in the pattern of the edge of the plate. It's hard to see in the picture but on the right side of the disc there are little round spots with tiny lightning bolts emerging from them.

Not sure if this information is helpful to anyone, but I asked him a while back about doing DX/Pro discs and he said he could but it was mainly Pink/Orange in color I think.

Top is a Vulcan. Bottom is a Mako. Much better color and intricacies in person. I woke up at 5 AM to rinse these before work so I didn't have time to color correct the pics.

This was the first time that I used rubber cement on the bottom rim. It worked like a charm to keep dye off. Unfortunately I got a little bit on the face plate of the Vulcan and didn't realize it.

Wow. That vulcan is nice. :clap:

My Grapey Punky Colour arrived today.
Here is my 1st attempt.

IMG_20130309_194544_zpsda0347bb.jpg

How long to let this sit?
Do I gently heat it with blowdryer every few hours? Mist with water?

Flamingo pink, laggon blue, & violet BTW.

I let mine sit for about 13.5 hours.
Anything different for glow champ plastic? Just let it sit maybe 24-36 hours?
I might do a disc or 2 during hockey intermissions tonight.

Have more blue and pink sitting on white star now.
May rinse about 4am if up early enough, if not, it will have to sit until 3pm.
Any tips for rinsing this punky stuff off? It is pretty thick and goopy and I had a bit of a time with rinse on my 1st one.

So here is a thought.... Should we rename what we are doing now? I don't know if Jeff's Brainwave name is copyrighted.... maybe it would be a good idea to rename it. "Mindwarp" has been suggested.

Now that the cats out the bag, I'd suggest a name implying the ingredient... 'Punked out' or something like that.

I don't plan on doing much of them to be honest, for me it was the thrill of the chase.... :thmbup: You guys have at it......jb

I'm pretty much done as well. Ill be incorporating it into my regular dyes as a way to add some pop to hot dips but by itself I was never impressed (I like to have an actual image on my discs).

I don't plan on doing much of them to be honest, for me it was the thrill of the chase.... :thmbup: You guys have at it......jb

Sounds like Bammm went through this endeavor for the same reason that I did; its all about the chase, the problem solving and the discovery!

You guys are great, well done! Who knows where this will be in another few months, its already way past my methods.

Sounds like Bammm went through this endeavor for the same reason that I did; its all about the chase, the problem solving and the discovery!

You guys are great, well done! Who knows where this will be in another few months, its already way past my methods.

Yep, I love a good challenge. Kudo's to everyone that put dye to plastic on this, hope we see some more great things come out of it..........

What do brainwaves look like on Metal Flake/Glitter/Sparkle plastic? I know there are clear CFR discs like these, and I can't help but think that it would look amazing to have your disc glitter in the pattern of a brainwave. I'm curious. Anyone do this before? Do you have pictures?

Latest posts