• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Catrina Allen Prediction Thread

I have not watched her actual putting but im gonna disagree on the hyzer push putt being the problem. I have been hyzer push putting for years and I have always been terrible until this past 3 months when I started practicing. I am about 90% inside circle one with that putting style. The only misses are cage hits or the occasional yips. I would bet money it is all mental on her part. My putting improved once I actually practiced and I read the book "Golf is not a game of perfect" and I learned to love putting and get excited about putting

I'm not saying you can't get good at hyzer push putting (sounds like you have). I'm saying that it's a smaller window to the chains than flat push putting. It's no different than using a low trajectory free throw style in basketball. It's definitely possible to get good at it, but it's a smaller window (and harder to do consistently) than a more arced free throw.

I'm not saying you can't get good at hyzer push putting (sounds like you have). I'm saying that it's a smaller window to the chains than flat push putting. It's no different than using a low trajectory free throw style in basketball. It's definitely possible to get good at it, but it's a smaller window (and harder to do consistently) than a more arced free throw.

A good friend of mine said to embrace what feels natural hen putting, which was hyzer. I used to hate it until I started practicing. Flat putting for me seems to cause the disc to push against the chains and pop back out more so than hyzer putting through chains.

A good friend of mine said to embrace what feels natural hen putting, which was hyzer. I used to hate it until I started practicing. Flat putting for me seems to cause the disc to push against the chains and pop back out more so than hyzer putting through chains.
However, if you don't like throwing flat, the anhyzer angle has less chance of sliding through on some chain patterns than hyzer angle.

I don't think missing windows was her problem, she was missing the entire house. She was completely airballing 10 footers with wounded duck putts. I think she's changed her grip b/c it looks like all her fingers are really fanned out instead of any curled under the rim and so she seems to have really lost significant grip with it in that wet round 3. Her new grip looks really reliant on finesse and touch so if the grip isn't perfect it's a circus. She's gonna have to change grips during poor weather or find a putter with the tackiest plastic possible.

I don't think missing windows was her problem, she was missing the entire house. She was completely airballing 10 footers with wounded duck putts. I think she's changed her grip b/c it looks like all her fingers are really fanned out instead of any curled under the rim and so she seems to have really lost significant grip with it in that wet round 3. Her new grip looks really reliant on finesse and touch so if the grip isn't perfect it's a circus. She's gonna have to change grips during poor weather or find a putter with the tackiest plastic possible.

i was wrong in assuming that a top pro caliber player would be able to adjust their putting with the weather conditions and different plastic textures

i was wrong in assuming that a top pro caliber player would be able to adjust their putting with the weather conditions and different plastic textures

It's FPO, you should never assume (except for maybe Paige Pierce).

After watching the final round of the LVO, I liked it that Cat was trying to develop a consistent putting routine, and It appeared to help her putting accuracy. If she keeps it up, look out FPO field!

Prodigy getting back in the swing of things after Covid shutdown with practice basket sale- guess who they used in their image showing putting practice.... Hmm maybe not the best representative on the prodigy roster for putting practice

(coming from a Cat fan no hate intended)

Capture.png
[/url][/IMG]

https://www.pdga.com/news/pdga-radio-episode-117-catrina-allen

Cat has publicly announced her sponsorship with Prodigy ends this year. (Around the 34:30 mark in the podcast). She'll be 36 years old. This is a pivotal moment in her disc golf career imop. I'm predicting she is done with Prodigy. Does she go the Drew Gibson route and build a personal brand or does she end up with another sponsor?

I think Innova makes sense because of the brand battle of Cat vs Paige (Innova vs Discraft) works well for both companies and the FPO in general.

She also says she's going to tour extensively 1 more year and then evaluate things and maybe just do select tours, etc, so perhaps that doesn't play well for getting a big payday from a sponsor. :popcorn:

This is fascinating to me. Based on the timing of her career, I can't imagine she made enough money to retire on. Maybe she's tired of living the road life.

What have other former pros done with their after-touring lives?

This is fascinating to me. Based on the timing of her career, I can't imagine she made enough money to retire on. Maybe she's tired of living the road life.

By the end of next season she would have been out on the road for over decade straight. That is along time to live in a state of flux; which leads to Chuck's comment:

Many women in this age range are at the point of deciding whether birthing children by age 40, is an important life goal.

To me it makes a lot of sense for CA to reevaluate priorities at this point in her life. There is nothing wrong with regularly asking yourself "Where/How does disc golf fit into my life?"

Whatever she decides I hope it results in a happy future for her, regardless of how dg fits in the picture.