• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrity Disc Golf

I always thought if I ever became President, how cool it would be to have a course installed on the White House lawn. That would put the sport on the map.

you'd get pissed, the white house lawn is filled with morons with cameras that would never get out of your way. You'd end up hiding out at Bluemont in Arlington. I would redesign the Franklin Deleno Rosevelt Memorial and turn it into a sweet 9 holer (using city workers of course).

One day I am taking my practice basket and setting it up between the Korean war memorial and the reflecting pool with the tee pad being between the two pillars on the front right of the Lincoln Memorial. Nice down hill 200-300 foot shot where I can hit a 2-3 and run like hell :cool:.

I miss this so much.

Ota: Fukui-san!

Fukui: Yes, go ahead, Ota.

Ota: The challenger says he is adding more fish testicles for flavor.

Lady Panel Member: Oh! So brave. So bold!

Thirty seconds left and.....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! HE'S GOING FOR THE FRIED RICE!!!!!

not sure about tim, but gwomper and ed have as well as original drummer erik (now of alabama thunderpussy). i did avail's shirts for years and years.

cool stuff. i got into Tim's solo work from his touring w/ Chuck Ragan of Hot Water Music

Not sure if you know them but on Flickr I saw tons of pics of disc golf being played by the David Crowder Band. They are the Coldplay of christian music.

Yeah it was tough to come up with an analogy for people who don't know The David Crowder Band

I've heard stories of Robin Williams playing with his son at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

I always thought if I ever became President, how cool it would be to have a course installed on the White House lawn. That would put the sport on the map.

I have seen Jimmy Carter on t.v. say that he used to play "frisbee" golf on the White House lawn using trees as targets.

I saw a reference on another message board to having seen NASCAR driver Carl Edwards at a course in Florida -- said he seemed to be pretty well accustomed to the game, so it probably wasn't his first time out. Not that he's a huge celebrity in the grand scheme of things.

Yep, Carl Edwards is from Columbia, MO, and played quite a bit at Albert Oakland when he was growing up.