• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chipmunkgate 2016

BraveThrower43

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

The Deciding shot of a 3 hole playoff in the 2016 Vibram open between Michael Johansen and Bradley Williams

Did a Chipmunk change Disc Golf History at the Vibram open? You decide!

I wasn't a physics major in college or anything to completely analyze trajectories, but that thing was going OB either way

Chipmunk or not, it was a bad throw. You can't start trying to find excuses for a loss. And I'm sure MJ would agree.

(It is an interesting turn of events though, and it looks like the little critter made have had a hand in some of that lift that made it go OB)

The question is, how much did Bradley Williams have to pay that chipmunk to take a hit to force MJ's disc OB?

I've been trying to tell everyone that chipmunks are evil for years! Nobody would listen to me. Now everyone can see their ways.

Kidding, it was a bad throw. MJ doesn't do that often.

That chipmunk ruined MJ's chances. He had the win in the bag. Why did the tournament director not stop the chipmunks from getting in the way?? What a poorly run event.

The guy commenting in the video sounds like a soul-less ginger i bet he has no friends.

The chipmunk is a diversion to take your attention away from the missing rocks in that section of wall. Who took the rocks?

That chipmunk ruined MJ's chances. He had the win in the bag. Why did the tournament director not stop the chipmunks from getting in the way?? What a poorly run event.

The guy commenting in the video sounds like a soul-less ginger i bet he has no friends.

tru.

The other chipmunks dared him. Now he's one of the cool ones. All the chipmunks are celebrating by lapping up spilled beer.

There's definitely a chance that that critter deflected the disc just high enough to miss a rock that would have otherwise stopped it.

Well, it sort of looks to me like the chipmunk was trying to STOP the disc from going OB! If you listen carefully you can hear its little voice going "nooooooooo!". Must have been an MJ fan... or wait! Could be worse! Maybe yhe chipmunk works for MJ! ALLLLVIIIIIN!

Too damn funny. Only disc golf could have a chipmunk controversy.

Too bad it couldn't have thrown its little body in front of the disc to keep it in-bounds...the slow-mo of a chipmunk diving secret service style in front of a disc would have possibly been the best thing ever.

Too bad it couldn't have thrown its little body in front of the disc to keep it in-bounds...the slow-mo of a chipmunk diving secret service style in front of a disc would have possibly been the best thing ever.

I think that's what the chipmunk was trying to do: save MJ's chances by preventing the disc from going OB. Unfortunately, the little critter was too small to slow the disc enough.

You might also call me a soulless ginger, but I do think that Alvin was responsible for that shot going OB. And with his flipped drive, I'm not confident that Williams would have stuck a better/riskier approach if MJ had stayed in-bounds.

This thread could use a poll. Can that be added?