• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

I have had many people tell me that my line about a course was one of the best they have ever read.

In regards to pros:

"My favorite thing about this course was leaving it and knowing I never had to come back"

That is a good one.:thmbup:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D :) :)

sorry people i was drunk when i wrote this review so it came across a bit harsh, im not going to change what i wrote tho because its true, in mid summer this place gets packed, so keep a fast pace or people will get pissed, iv litrally seen blood shed at hole 5 by someone that wasnt moving fast enough

Pros:
"There were 2 hookers or normal Angier women strutting around (I would put the hookers in the Cons section but they were still alive, when I find dead hookers i will put it in the cons section"

New013 - Jack Marley Park

"The park had the overpowering stench of semen. I found myself trying not to throw up the whole time. I can't figure out if it was the trees putting off the odor, or if the homeless locals are watering the lawn with their bodily fluids. I hope that was just a fluke thing, but who knows."

^^^ That's good!! :D

Here's one I just ran across:

Cons: Your arm will get tired on this course from big arming shot at after shot. Seems like the course changes every time I play it. Gets boring to play with not much variety.

Course changes every time he/she plays it, AND there isn't much variety?? Whaaa???

Thanks for reviving this thread . . . until I look at Discette's quote on the post before yours GoodDriveBadPutt

But that's one of the best ones, heh heh.

I can cvonfirm there is a spiceis of tree the reeks of semen. i have come across them in the inland empire of socal.:sick:
http://www.theawl.com/2013/04/this-spring-new-york-city-smells-much-less-like-sperm
"The park had the overpowering stench of semen. I found myself trying not to throw up the whole time. I can't figure out if it was the trees putting off the odor, or if the homeless locals are watering the lawn with their bodily fluids. I hope that was just a fluke thing, but who knows."

Last edited:
From DSCJNKY's review of Marion Disc Golf Park in Marion, NC:

The DOG. Behind the Pin of Hole 6 and the tee-pad of Hole 7 is the meanest dog in the world. It was some sort of terrier/pit bull mix and he was Pissed Off that we were there. He was chained tightly to his dog house… but that was of little reassurance since there was no fence. If your disc was to travel into his range, forget about it; you might as well have thrown it in a lake, cuz your not getting it back.
Other Thoughts:
- DCB18's Big Putt. On Hole 6, DiscChainBasket18's drive bounced off the top of the basket and flew to within feet of the DOG's reach. Simply put, the dog was foaming at the mouth and practically on DCB18's calf as he knocked down one of the best 25 foot putts I have ever seen.

Thank you for reviving this thread. I checked back to see if it was OK to self-quote, because I'm actually pretty proud of having this line pop into my head:
(Anderson-Dean Community Park, Harrodsburg, KY)
"...for my Rec level arm, every hole felt like, "well, here's another three: drive, approach, putt". Nearly every hole seemed to have one lonely tree or bush somewhere on the right side of the 'fairway'. This was my fourth stop for the day, so with all the hiking, by the thirteenth hole, I felt like Garth Algar getting a haircut." ;)

From DSCJNKY's review of Marion Disc Golf Park in Marion, NC:

The DOG. Behind the Pin of Hole 6 and the tee-pad of Hole 7 is the meanest dog in the world. It was some sort of terrier/pit bull mix and he was Pissed Off that we were there. He was chained tightly to his dog house… but that was of little reassurance since there was no fence. If your disc was to travel into his range, forget about it; you might as well have thrown it in a lake, cuz your not getting it back.
Other Thoughts:
- DCB18's Big Putt. On Hole 6, DiscChainBasket18's drive bounced off the top of the basket and flew to within feet of the DOG's reach. Simply put, the dog was foaming at the mouth and practically on DCB18's calf as he knocked down one of the best 25 foot putts I have ever seen.

That sounds like "The Beast" from The Sandlot.

Here's a funny one from New013's review of Southern Community Park in Carrboro, NC:

New013 said:
There's a deer that hangs out in the fairways... I've seen him twice and he just hangs out and dares you to throw at him.
What's funny is that this was listed as a con. C'mon New, knocking a course for having oblivious nature in the way? :p

Enchanted Lands DGC in Roswell, NM tends to lend itself to funny comments.

BigN8r said:
Thought it was just a nine hole but now has eighteen so that was cool. Aliens must have did it.

Disc Happens said:
Good place to get a quick fun round in. Don't stay to long or you might start seeing ufo's.

creeper78 said:
Flying Discs in Roswell

JeremyKShort said:
Unidentified Flying OPbjects

heelboybcraig on Kings Mountain Point:

I felt this way about this course as I did about the chocolate wonderfall at Golden Corral. I give them credit for trying something different, but who's really going to come here because of that? What new audience are you bringing in with that contrived attraction?

From Reposado's review of Tidal Creek:

" I wouldn't say the design is poor on them because that would imply there is a design"

A classic phrase because it's not unique to Tidal Creek; we've all seen this any number of places.

I can cvonfirm there is a spiceis of tree the reeks of semen. i have come across them in the inland empire of socal.:sick:
http://www.theawl.com/2013/04/this-spring-new-york-city-smells-much-less-like-sperm

HAAA! This is great. Years ago a friend and I were walking down the street, looked at each other, and both went "Do you... do you smell semen??" Eventually, we figured out it was the trees with the white blossoms (figures). We had always called them semen trees (but a less formal word than semen that I'm not sure I should be using in this forum).

And the best part is, when you're walking with someone who then says "These trees smell so amazing!" :D

Here's a funny one from New013's review of Southern Community Park in Carrboro, NC:

What's funny is that this was listed as a con. C'mon New, knocking a course for having oblivious nature in the way? :p

I had the same issue during an early morning round at Standing Rocks in Steven's Point, WI.