• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=10009&mode=rev#79403

So far this course has 2 reviews. A 2 from Steve West and a 5 from a driveby...

9holes and only 2700ft...smh
Dude says it's very scenic and challenging ... what more do you want??!!

What makes Steve's opinion worth the paper it's "printed" on? He's is a self-described Par Delusionary and has issues with how par is defined/established. :p

Kidding aside - I bet Steve looks at courses in ways even some of the more experienced reviewers don't consider (or at least not as quantifiably).

Reviews don't have to be novels, but...

A course that's a 5.0 makes you want to talk about it.
If you have trouble finding great things to say about it... then it ain't a 5.0.

I just figured out something actually useful about crap reviews.

When you read a useless review (at least when I do), I feel compelled to scroll down to find good reviews. I invariaby end up giving out a few :thmbup:'s to other reviewers... which I wouldn't necessarily have done if not for the :thmbdown: review.

I bet Steve gets way more :thmbup:'s than you might expect for a review of a "meh" niner, specifically because that 5.0 routed a bunch of traffic his way. Just remember to use the sort by "Most Helpful" option, and the cream rises to the top!

Last edited:
I'm just shocked Steve West totally missed the boat with his rating and review. :D

I know, right? I gotta get back over there! If it wasn't for that one lame review, this course would beat out Rollin Ridge for the highest rated course in Wisconsin.

Seriously, though, if this site was "How Nice a Job of Getting a Course in the Ground Review" I might give it a 5. But, they had to settle for a less-desirable location, it's only 9 holes, and it's still crunchy-new.

Valkyrie

From the Valkyrie Kid's recent review of Indian Hills:
"I'd probably be forever gazing at other, more attractive courses. Gees, this sounds much like many of my longtime married friends. Not me, of course! I've never once had the inclination to even glance at another woman."

I just figured out something actually useful about crap reviews.

When you read a useless review (at least when I do), I feel compelled to scroll down to find good reviews. I invariaby end up giving out a few :thmbup:'s to other reviewers... which I wouldn't necessarily have done if not for the :thmbdown: review.

I bet Steve gets way more :thmbup:'s than you might expect for a review of a "meh" niner, specifically because that 5.0 routed a bunch of traffic his way. Just remember to use the sort by "Most Helpful" option, and the cream rises to the top!

I learned something new today! I never realized "Most Helpful" was choice when sorting reviews! I never realized I could sort by all those other options in the drop down box either. Mostly because I always check the "Only Trusted Reviewer" box which quickly gets rid of all the home boys and drive-bys. The default sort by most recent worked fine since reviews in 2018 usually offer more to me than 2011 reviews, especially issues like signs and navigation. However, it is nice to realize I have some more sorting tools!

How does the search option "Current Mix" sort the review data?

I learned something new today! I never realized "Most Helpful" was choice when sorting reviews! I never realized I could sort by all those other options in the drop down box either. Mostly because I always check the "Only Trusted Reviewer" box which quickly gets rid of all the home boys and drive-bys. The default sort by most recent worked fine since reviews in 2018 usually offer more to me than 2011 reviews, especially issues like signs and navigation. However, it is nice to realize I have some more sorting tools!

How does the search option "Current Mix" sort the review data?

I appears that sorts reviews by a chronological mix of first review and last update to a review. That must be new to the drop down, I don't recall seeing it until just now. Considering I update reviews locally quite often, I noticed that my review jumps to the top of the list when using this selection.

Review of Lake Hiawatha https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=8347&mode=rev#79480

Pros:
multiple pads, baskets, lines, opportunities. and nices.

"and nices" what in the world is that? Does that mean Joe will nice my shot off the tee and then the disc will alter its trajectory and instantly hit a tree? How is that a Pro? perhaps this is a pro for Joe... momentarily. Whom will be chuckling until I nice him on his upcoming tee shot.

wellsbranch review of terrible Mundy Park

TEES - Pouring 3 foot by 6 foot concrete pads is a waste of concrete. Perhaps this was a way to add difficulty.

LACK OF CHALLENGE - This place will be a scoring blood bath for any Advanced player mistakenly venturing here.

SPACING - Really really bad. On tee (5) you can see two baskets, but I had two discs in my hand, One for each of them.

Latest posts