• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

From ThrowBot's review of Pocatello Sunrise Lions Club DGC - North -

"Lots of cow pies on the course. New tee pads seem like a popular place to defecate. Not quite sure why that is, but there's plenty of empirical evidence to back it up."

Gave me a chuckle.

A-Aron's review of Oldsmar, under the cons:

"Small parking lot. Not for beginners."

Is that one thought or two separate problems? Do new drivers need to avoid the parking lot? Should they take an Uber instead?

Also, his courses played is two but this course is in his top ten.

I'm guessing the next eight courses he plays will also be in his top 10.
24.2 years experience... I'm guessing he has played more than two, but hasn't gone through and marked his courses played, and either reviewing a course makes it show as played or you have to mark a course played in order to review it.

For me this course represents the single biggest problem with DG course review. This course is rated at 4.5 stars, which for someone that's played all over the US, this course should crack a 3. Since it's mostly local people who have reviewed the course, they all think it's the best course in the world.

-JerryChesterson's review of Coyote Point in Ventura, CA.

Might have been mentioned already, this is from Bro D's review of Sugaw Creek:
Well, it's right across from Hidden Valley community. If you're familiar with the History Channel's program on gangs called Gangland, you may have seen the episode that featured the Hidden Valley Kings, a delightful group of gentlemen that gained enough notoriety a few years ago to get the police to take notice and start cracking down on them. I didn't feel too worried about my safety but I wasn't alone either and the police appear to frequent the parking lot

Substantially more than a line, but I liked this:
Three Putt said:
Just minutes south on 171 is Joliet Correctional Center. You can literally pull over at the spot where Elwood was standing when Jake was released from prison in The Blues Brothers. With an extra five minutes out of your life, you and a buddy can recreate the scene (although hugging in the middle of 171 might be a trick.) Why this isn't mentioned in every Canyons review is beyond me. After I found out, I told the guy I was meeting at the course about it and he was all "Oh, everybody knows that." Uh...dude. I don't know what Father's Day was like in your family, but I don't know where any prisons are. That this information was not disclosed to me in any previous review makes me ashamed to be a disc golfer.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=7130&mode=rev#78549