• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I know I'm supposed to like other Comets more, but I really like Z Comets. My go-to Comet has been a Z since they came back into regular production. Before that my go-to Comet was always some old TP Comet. I never really clicked with an X Comet.

That will probably get me thrown out of the Comet Love thread, but whatever.

^^Same here. I got a couple of the old Elite X from Marshall Street last year for $15 apiece. Just too flippy for my taste(form?). Sold them on reddit disc exchange and got my money back and used some of the proceeds to get the MJ 2017 tour disc, which I don't love either. Really like the Ti though.

I need to try a Z. I enjoy throwing the X but too turnyy for me on a tight lined straight hole. I'm not mj or fish, apparently.

Quicky pic of the Comets that were easy to get to:

picture.php

The ones in my pic were also just the ones that were at hand. I've got 5 more LE's, 3 more Howliewood glow Z, and 3 old TP comets in a box of discs stashed away deeeep in the attic.

That orange LE in the middle one row up in your pic is my absolute favorite LE from that run. I've got one in the bag and one set aside to replace it. I've made up more strokes with that comet than any other, mine is just an absolute laser straight flyer.

I'm loving all these Comet pics. I never realized people liked the ESPs so much. And yes, all the new MJs look great! I got one but it's still a bit bent from being in the mail. I haven't thrown it yet.

I'm loving all these Comet pics. I never realized people liked the ESPs so much. And yes, all the new MJs look great! I got one but it's still a bit bent from being in the mail. I haven't thrown it yet.

I've always like the feel of the ESPs but never bought one...I threw one of .ian's at one point, can't remember what run...it was yellow?

ESP from a certain era were much more desirable than others. I'm a bigger fan of my old stamped X and my Z comets.

My collection isn't as extensive as it used to be since I downsized prior to moving to Wisconsin. The top left 2 (pink z, orange x) have been through a ton of battles with me. I need to get more old stamp x comets.

4qNRgmL_d.jpg

Last edited:
Three RR Z's? You win. :|

That blue one under the first run glows. Is that a first run non-glow? I've never seen such a thing before if it is.

It used to have more RR Comets' but I lost two within a week of each other playing a number of years ago, and auctioned one off on a Facebook group a few years ago. The two lost RR Comet's plus a blank CryZtal Comet I got from a team member are the lost discs I really wish I could get back.

None of my first run Comets glow. Both of the white ones plus the blue one are just in normal plastic.

My collection isn't as extensive as it used to be since I downsized prior to moving to Wisconsin. The top left 2 (pink z, orange x) have been through a ton of battles with me. I need to get more old stamp x comets.

4qNRgmL_d.jpg

The pink ones in my pic are old victorb comets. You definitely know how to pic em!