• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I have two white 175g from the new run. Firm and glossy like you guys have said but pretty flat. The new run of Star on this run feel great though.

This is what the 168-172g ones look like:

aTY3o4v.png

This is what the 168-172g ones look like:

aTY3o4v.png

This is what I like to call the pd2 tops, theyve released them in the past but the plastic blend was more opaque. They are my favorite destroyers and 168 is perfect. I find them really overstable but a ton of glide, makes the perfect cycler. $$

This is what I like to call the pd2 tops, theyve released them in the past but the plastic blend was more opaque. They are my favorite destroyers and 168 is perfect. I find them really overstable but a ton of glide, makes the perfect cycler. $$

You may call them the PD2 topped destroyers but that one isnt one of them. The PD2 topped destroyers have a mich more defined top on them that feels and resembles a PD2 and they are the most overstable glideless destroyers ever made. I have 1 and I have yet to have a situation where I needed something that overstable.

The new Star Destroyers have a zipper top... so I assume Innova is using a brand new top mold. Did you all notice this, and what do you all think of it?

I'd have to check mine as well... The new run is so glossy I would think I would have noticed a zipper top but I didn't specifically look for it.

Can someone tell me what a zipper top is and what its significance is? I hear people talking about them every now and then; something about a sound from running your thumbnail along the top of the disc or something?

Can someone tell me what a zipper top is and what its significance is? I hear people talking about them every now and then; something about a sound from running your thumbnail along the top of the disc or something?

Looks like a record on top. Circular grooving. Makes a funny noise if you scrape it with your fingernail.

The new Star Destroyers have a zipper top... so I assume Innova is using a brand new top mold. Did you all notice this, and what do you all think of it?

Zipper top indeed. My older ones don't have it. Neat.

What do I think of it? Not much. I like these Destroyers :) I will buy more.

Also I noticed that some [not all] of the new ones have the same foil for the entire stamp, not two different foils for top and bottom. I'm a huge fan of that. I never liked the change to the two color stamp.

Yep I bag one! It reminds me of the old patent numbers F2 I threw until it got too flippy. Right now it's just straight to fade but I know it will pick up some extra glide as it wears in without losing the HSS for very dependable distance. That's what I loved about that old Destroyer.

I threw one but seemed pretty over stable. I guess I should have tossed it a few more times.

I threw one but seemed pretty over stable. I guess I should have tossed it a few more times.

Yeah it's currently in my "overstable" Destroyer slot. It currently goes like 350 for me and then fades pretty hard. I can get it further on a flex line, but I'm not throwing it for big distance right now; more headwinds and longer hyzers. If it's anything like my older one it'll stay very dependable with no turn for a very long time, but develop more glide and a softer, more forward fade.

Eventually I just found myself reaching for that old one on most distance drives because even though it wasn't my longest driver, it was just so dependable (and usually within 30 feet of my longer drivers). After being bagged for a couple years it finally started developing significant turn. At that point, I put it up against some of my Scorpiuses and it fly almost exactly the same lines but was consistently shorter, so the Scorpius kicked it out of the bag.

Could anyone show me a picture of a destroyer with a low PLH? I want to throw nothing but destroyers as my main driver and I'm looking for an understable one.

Could anyone show me a picture of a destroyer with a low PLH? I want to throw nothing but destroyers as my main driver and I'm looking for an understable one.

Not an exact answer to your question but if you are looking for flippy destroyers look for low PLH pros (super easy to see, the wing is barely higher then bottom of the rim) and current run echo stars (the ones with the picture on the stamp)

Not an exact answer to your question but if you are looking for flippy destroyers look for low PLH pros (super easy to see, the wing is barely higher then bottom of the rim) and current run echo stars (the ones with the picture on the stamp)

This and I've found that Pro's from recent tourneys and club orders that are a bit softer plastic start less OS and develop turn even more quickly that the stocks.

Latest posts