• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

One term we use quite a bit is "On Safari". When you are obviously away, but your disc is lost in the shule (sage brush, aspens, and prickly a** rose hip bushes) ... "Go ahead and throw, I'm on Safari here", or shanking a drive off the tee, "I'll be going on safari to find that one"

So I was playing out here in SF a few months ago on a hole where the optimal line is a teebird shot ("straight with predictable fade at the end") to get into putting range. So a guy tees off and his drive is looking like it's going to fade too soon into some trees so he yells "GET LEGS, c'mon GET LEGS".

One of the funniest things I've ever heard in a round, and I started using it from that point on. So:

Get Legs: when a shot needs to "stay up" or "stretch" just a bit further before fading, usually to avoid hitting a tree.

"He's a lumberjack and he's okay..." Sung when someone hits a tree every throw.
"Extra seasoning." More than three tree hits on a throw.
"Hibernating." When a disk hides under leaves.
"Ten points." Anyone walking across the fairway, oblivious to the fact that they are on the course.
"Mister Sulu... Warp Factor Fail!" A full speed throw into a tree ten feet in front of you.

Dunno if its been posted yet but there's the worst three words in disc golf, "You're still out."

Didn't read all the replies but I like to use Chain Tickler when your putt or drive barely taps a link or two.

Don't know if these have been mentioned yet but:

Treenied - Denied by a Tree

Treenied is a good one. I'll throw out a "Shaq Diesel'd" or an "Olajuwon'd" when a branch knocks it down and has that swatting motion afterwards.

Ninja star: When a disc lands in the mud and sticks out sideways.

interesting. for as much as that happens, i've never heard an official term for it. i'd use "ninja star", i kinda like it.

Stratosphere: the act of throwing so nose up that the disc climbs over the trees and hyzer stalls out

interesting. for as much as that happens, i've never heard an official term for it. i'd use "ninja star", i kinda like it.

Stratosphere: the act of throwing so nose up that the disc climbs over the trees and hyzer stalls out

Then you and I must spread the word!!!!

:hfive: