• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Aced Bango #18 in Harbor Springs tonight. 5 witnesses. Elite-X XL.

My very first.

Finally!

I hit my fourth ace yesterday during the Chavez Ridge Monthly in Los Angeles, CA.

Hole #17 - 175', dogleg right, completely blind shot

view_image.php

I threw a firm Wizard on a big hyzer. We could faintly hear chains and had to run up to the basket to confirm! HeiserSöze was there to celebrate with me!

In addition to eventually winning the Rec division, I split a $200 dollar ace pot. Took home $25 in gift certificates from Discovering the World for first place and $100 for the ace!

Thanks to everyone involved with the Chavez Monthly. Awesome event!!!

hmmm... aced a dogleg right with a big hyzer... :doh:

last time i was there i bounced my putt off that tree right next to the basket for birdie. great hole.

i'm still aceless but i did hit chains for the first time last weekend.

I hit metal 4 times in one round today...Youth Park holes 1, 9, 10, 18. After 7 years of playing still no ace.

Finally hit one today. #7 at Stuart Nelson in Paducah Ky. 3 witnesses that signed the disc which was an old first run destroyer/168 day-glo that has been with me for 6 years. I will now retire it because I ain't waiting 6 more years for my second ACE dangit!
Oh yea, it was in a tournament too!
Skip Ace #1 for the Peabs.

sweet! how much?

I didn't get in the Ace pool. It was 5 bucks and I had already sponsored a hole and paid for the players pack. Yea, also today at the same tourney my buddy Clayton hit a skip ace on 15 and he didn't get in the Ace Pool either.
Well, I guess we will know better next time! :wall:

Wait, I did get CTP which was a CFR glo Destroyer.FWIW

congratulations peabs! we're ace buddies because I got a tourney ace today too! Hole 10 Foundation Park, Centralia, IL. PS had a goose island bourbon county stout to celebrate:)

I just realized that even though I have at least a dozen aces with witnesses I've only ever gotten $5 total for them. Has anyone made less for more aces than that with witnesses? People here just don't involve money in their DG games

First ace today. Hole #4 on Cason's Davis Park. Anny around a large pine tree with a Z XL from 217'. Wind was probably 15 mph right-to-left. My buddy signed the disc.

Hit an ace on 8-7-10 Hole 13 at Delt Church Park, about 173' with a champ spider. Aced Hole 19 at Honey Bear Hollow on 10-16-10 with same disc during a glow doubles tourney. $50 ace pool at honey bear!

I was out playing last weekend and while you are on hole 16 at Jericho Park in Aurora you can see the blind basket on hole 11 (~200'). As we were walking up the fairway one guy on hole 11 puts it off the chains, then the basket, before it falls out for the duece. It was pretty cool and we yell "nice shot!" to him and keep moving.

Then the second guy steps up and drains it. that was pretty cool.

I never thought I'd get an ace, but knocked one down on hole six at David Imbrock Memorial DGC in Kendallville, IN earlier this month. I used a star Monster which is a bit larger than my arm can handle, which is why it made the nice fade into the chains. I'd played the course/hole about 6 times previously (twice earlier that day). After the ace, I played the course again (only 9 holes) and missed it by about 1 foot. Deuced it.
I was with my brother and step dad who I turned onto disc golf about 6 months ago and was also with the guy who started me on disc golf a year ago.
It made my day.

Last edited:
Got my 1st ACE in another state!

Well, I now have played in 8 states and untill last week have never got any discs to stick. I've chained out on Hole 4 @ Fountain hills in Az,and once in Wa, and once at Waterworks in Missouri.

So, the ol' lady and I were headed to Hawaii for 2 weeks and you know I had to add to my courses played.After lookin in the course directory, I realized that my best chance would be on Maui. After a short drive we found the course and got a map from the ball golf club house.(A map is a must)
The course is 22 permenant holes. They use Innova disccatchers and some homemade baskets. No tee signs ,all natural tees. I do believe that they will eventually install all of these necessities.

On to my ACE. Hole 13. Approx 315' with a slight downhill. Not much foilage on this hole except for a group of bushes near the baskets. I brought 3 discs. A brand new Sparkle Rouge and a 2011 Worlds Hurricane and a brand new Aftershock.(No I don't throw all DGA discs) There was about a 15mph wind blowin left to right so I grabbed my Aftershock and threw it dead straight. It was new so it held a pretty, pure line.About halfway down I started to drool. I started thinkin;would my 1st outta state ACE be on the island of Maui ? Well the disc started headed right for the only ace protection the basket has, when, to my liking a strong gust lifts the Aftershock and slams it ino the basket. Woohoo!

maui1.jpg

maui2.jpg

maui3.jpg
If you ever go to Hawaii, the course on Maui is worth the extra effort to go play. There is a good mix of semi-long and shorter wooded technical holes and even a couple dog legs. But don't forget a course map.

congratulations!!! thats an accomplishment i've wanted for awhile now but haven't been able to get. i have 9 aces to date but they are all in ohio and 8 of the 9 are on courses very close to home.

Haven't listed any of my aces recently so here we go.

Ace #3
9/24/10 - Hole 4 - Belmont
About a 270 foot hole. Threw an 11x Teebird which is uncommon for me on that hole, was just too windy for a Roc or a Rhyno. Thing went very straight and low, kicked off of a root right in front of the basket and nailed it. Got a free shirt and an ace button for my bag from Missy. Best witnesses have presents!

Ace #4
9/29/10 - Hole 18 - Belmont Park
450 foot downhill shot around an enormous tree, another very windy day. KC Pro Teebird faded straight into the basket and never even touched 1 chain. Pretty sweet.

Ace #5
10/22/10 - Hole 11 - Belmont Park
Long pin placement which is a tad over 400 feet downhill. Chucked a 1st Run Star Destroyer on a very fast, slow turning, hyzerflip. Beamed the chains and scared the **** out of some people who were walking to the next hole. No, I am not a dick they were a good 60-70 feet to the right of the basket which is heavily guarded by trees. The short pin was actually my first ace ever so I am excited to have both.

It's seriously time for me to get an ace on a different course. I play plenty of others regularly but Belmont Park is very generous to me. Especially this fall. Gave up my first 3 aces of the year all within a month :D

Hole 2B Golden Gate Park. Forehand on the skip. No chains necessary

home.php

Latest posts