• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my third on the year and 14th all time yesterday on 3/9/2012. The Brickyard in Menomonie, WI. Hole #5B Blue tee 242' with my pro starfire skipped in off the packed snow 10' short of the basket on a frozen rope at the basket. That's two aces in a row with that pro starfire which is the disc I had to go down in a river in Georgia to retrieve it as it floated down stream at Honey Creek. I'm glad I got it back!

I think I've hit metal 5 times or so this year already,3x with my 11x roc, once today :(.

Hit my 4th ace of the year today at Bowen Park in Nanaimo, BC. It was the 15th hole 226' I managed to skip it in without hitting any chain.. my disc actually skipped up a few feet right before the basket and the back rim of my disc caught a nub on the basket that flipped it straight down and in... My buddy didn't believe I aced it at first since he wasn't watching and didn't hear anything.

My buddy aced hole 1 splatt hill back course yesteday. Then today my girlfriend got her 3rd ace on Hole 18 splatt hill back course. She skipped her ner blizzard katana I got right into the chains.

Not my ace, but I witnessed a local "pro" roller ace hole 7 at Columbia Park DGC... The funny thing is it rolled between a group of ppl waiting to tee off on 8, rolled under the bench, and hit the rock "jump" just right, threw the disc up, turned it flat (like a thrown disc) straight into the chains... First one I ever saw, since I dont play with many ppl that throw rollers, it might be the last

Not my ace, but I witnessed a local "pro" roller ace hole 7 at Columbia Park DGC... The funny thing is it rolled between a group of ppl waiting to tee off on 8, rolled under the bench, and hit the rock "jump" just right, threw the disc up, turned it flat (like a thrown disc) straight into the chains... First one I ever saw, since I dont play with many ppl that throw rollers, it might be the last
my bet is you'll never see another roller ace. i would love to see one though. i guess barsby or someone did it in tourney play a couple few years back.

After 5 years, I got my first ace today. Hole 12 at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh. Threw the perfect hyzer with my fuse, 183 feet straight into the chains and actually stuck this time. Now for one worth some money! :D

Got another ace at Garlough today... I got it on video too. It is at 2:22 in the video.

This was the first round I brought my new GoPro with me and I am glad I did...

Hole #7 120' Wizard...

Ok so I hit another one today... but the course was so busy when I pulled in that I didn't bring the camera :doh:. I didn't want to be a D!ck and hold people up. First time I hit Hole#1 on any course. I did get the foursome behind me to sign my disc at least. One of the guys was like nice way to start the round, the whole group cheered when I hit it.

First throw of the day Garlough Park Hole #1 205' big up hill with an Cryztal Avenger SS...

Here is a pic of the disc...
IMG_20120314_140504.jpg

Here is a pic of the Hole
GarloughHole1.jpg

Thats a tough little shot there! Nice one! I hit #1 at Staring Lake first throw of the day and the best part . . . I couldn't tell if it was in because it was still before the sun had come up. With it being downhill I thought it might be sitting on the ground next to the basket.

Hole #8 Bear Creek,Grapevine

Got my second ace on one of the tougher holes at Bear Creek today on hole 8. It was a perfect flick with my champ katana! when it skipped it flew fifteen feet in the air, flying so fast and just smashed the basket! I had some good friends playing with me and we had a great time! shot a nice two under par!:thmbup: woo woo woo

Thats a tough little shot there! Nice one! I hit #1 at Staring Lake first throw of the day and the best part . . . I couldn't tell if it was in because it was still before the sun had come up. With it being downhill I thought it might be sitting on the ground next to the basket.

Thanks...:thmbup:

How did you like somerset, or are you going to make me wait for your review?

Hit my 4th ace yesterday (1st of 2012) on Rosedale "Down Under" hole 3. Was on a mini dg vacation over spring break, and hit the ace on the last round of the day, on my last day in KC. Great trip, fun course, KC should be proud of the quality they have there in town.

Hit hole #1 at Miniwaukan Park today. Hole is about 220' short right placement, and I threw an X Comet rhbh. I was playing the short tees on my second round of the day; first round was from long tees. Definitely glad I decided to play another round! First ace of the year, Second ace at Miniwaukan, Fifth ace total.

Got my first two of the year yesterday! Only one counted though. Hit hole #15 at roosevelt park in Albuquerque warming up on my 3rd drive. I hit hole#10 during the round with my z wasp. Finally! It had been almost a year since my last one but it was my 17th overall.

This proves that an "Ace" is a bad shot gone good.

Got hole 1 playing tiki at the blockhouse last night. Not the longest ace in the world, but it was my first time playing tiki at night.

GO COWBELLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts