• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hole 3 at Shawnee Park, 287 ft with a Z Buzzz on my birthday right after my brother said I needed a birthday ace!!

Hit hole 10 at Kilborne park in Charlotte, NC yesterday sidearm with a CE Firechicken and hit hole 1 at the Angry Beaver (also in Charlotte - Elon Park 235 ft.) today with the new Champion Zephyr backhand. Been a good week so far, I was due for one since coming back to the sport in December 2011, low and behold I got two in two days! The flood gates have opened!

ive never even heard of a zephyr ace. well done. :clap:

Thanks, it was really funny because the kids sitting at the 1st tee were making fun of me for throwing a "trash can lid". Needless to say I had the last and best laugh. They said they'd never seen an ace before. The bummer of my week was that I wasn't paid for either ace!

Thanks, it was really funny because the kids sitting at the 1st tee were making fun of me for throwing a "trash can lid". Needless to say I had the last and best laugh. They said they'd never seen an ace before. The bummer of my week was that I wasn't paid for either ace!

You should have been the one paying for the black ace. Since you didn't pay out I wouldn't have paid either. :popcorn:

Different groups each day. I never heard of paying for a black ace. Also-- Is it really a black ace when it was for the hole I was on, and in direct line to the long basket?

Hit hole 4 at Herman C. yesterday for my 10th ace on a casual dubs round...There was 9 people in the group so that was pretty cool, and 4 of those guys were in our "ACE CLUB" so they each had to pay up $20...Walked away from that hole with $80, woohoo...

Aced this the day before. 300 uphill on a 5 gallon tone. Hole is at least 20 ft up. Threw a blizzard boss into a light headwind. First ace of the year.!

5af8aa79.jpg

Moments earlier we talked about the sweet sound of the tones.

I said "wait till you hear it from an ace." Then I did.

Later in the night I was wasted and my GF was putting me to bed and she claims that the moment I laid down, I mumbled "I got an ace today...." and immediately passed out. At least I got my priorities figured out.

I got an international, putter, Easter ace!

7e33aad7.jpg

Dassel #1, 184 feet BH ace, yellow 172g Zero Pure.

Right before the tournament started. :)

1st ever ace march 20, 2012 Brewer park, Grand Rapids michigan. Hole #2 of the New lay out on the North course

I got my first ace on Saturday at Millstream Park in St. Joseph MN. Holte 12 245' skip ace with my 170g star destroyer. The view of the basket was blocked by a group of trees. I heard the chains and began my victory jog to find my disc at the bottom of the basket :)

Ace #2 for me: Hole 13 (Long position, 333 ft) at North Water Tower Park in Sarasota, FL. Skip-in with a 175 Star Destroyer X-Out. Sky Pilot #567 TOT was on hand to witness and sign my disc. Fun course besides the rough element walking (stumbing) through. Over 2 years between aces...hopefully won't be as long this time...

make it a star destroyer ace trifecta...

hole 14 at calvert road park during doubles last night. red tees to (i think) short pin on this hole. i'd never played short tees there. i'm guessing 230'ish. normally i'd throw a roc but the wind was a little bit swirly so i flicked a destroyer out to the left and tried to play the skip. if you go too far right of the basket, you are in schuleville and just getting up and down can be tough. it came out a little early and looked like it was in the whole way. all chains!

ace pot was 99 bucks, my first cash ace. someone offered up a dollar in loose change to make it an even 100. just as we were finishing the previous hole, i mentioned splitting the pot with my partner if either one of us hit it. he balked a bit, and said ' let's figure it out over the next few holes blah blah' ok i was cool with that. literally the next throw - BOOM! i ended up giving him 20 bucks anyway.

also kinda crazy - i hadn't had a chance to get a 2012 MD bag tag until last night. after i collected my winnings, i went to purchase my tag. guess what tag i got?? 99!

thanks to jabruzzo for reminding me about tuesday dubs and to my boss for being off yesterday so that i could sneak out a bit early and get there in time to play! :D

i've seen people on here talking about "cubby ace" and "black ace" what are they??? i mean... i've been playing a year and haven't heard of either

Status
Not open for further replies.