• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Current Top 10 Personal Rating

On UDisc, you can even enter your virtual layout on some courses so others can play it.

This is nice and confusing all at the same time.
If you're visiting, and just want to play the course, you don't want to sift through a bunch of made up layouts looking for the normal layout.

Some folks are better about naming their layouts on U Disc, than others :\

This is nice and confusing all at the same time.
If you're visiting, and just want to play the course, you don't want to sift through a bunch of made up layouts looking for the normal layout.

Some folks are better about naming their layouts on U Disc, than others :\
The key is to make your temp layouts INACTIVE when you're not using them.

is rr a winter worthy course

I've never been in winter, so I'm not sure, but you could probably get ahold of the people that run the place pretty easily.

Rollin Ridge is famous for flooding issues, not as bad as Harmony Bends, but still pretty bad. Can get real muddy in some parts, which they've tried to minimize with bridges and such.

I've never been in winter, so I'm not sure, but you could probably get ahold of the people that run the place pretty easily.

Rollin Ridge is famous for flooding issues, not as bad as Harmony Bends, but still pretty bad. Can get real muddy in some parts, which they've tried to minimize with bridges and such.

i tried calling them twice today with no answer and voicemail is full

this weekend might be my only chance this summer to hit up rr and winter park and whatever else is around there

but was curious if it was great in winter like brp takes care of their course or no

Well, I've only played Selah of the top 10, so I guess that's my top one of the top 10?

But honestly, Selah's not even my favorite course I've played in TX. I like Dogwood in Tyler better. But a large part of why Selah falls below Dogwood was the ownership at the time I went. The guy who managed the grounds at the time was cranky pretty much the entire time (we stayed a week). I don't even know why, we were extremely quiet, we don't smoke or drink, and pretty much kept to ourselves the entire time. The weather was perfect while we were there, and we probably played both courses a couple times a day each day except the one day it rained pretty hard, so maybe over that time the novelty of the course wore off a bit as well.

Lakeside is definitely a well designed course and I had a blast. Definitely in my top 3 courses played.

That cranky guy would be Frank. He is not a disc golfer and seems not like disc golfers... just means more work for him I guess.

The buddies and I like the camping area at Selah most but are bigger fans of the Trey Texas Ranch. For this reason we camp at Selah and play the Trey Texas Ranch.

Was curious of those who have been fortunate enough to play many of DGCR top 10 rated courses and how their personal rating of those courses might look.

I have only played three... Harmony Bends, Selah Lakeside, and Flip City. My ratings are based on which course I enjoyed playing most and not on technical design.

1. Flip City
2. Harmony Bends
3. Selah Lakeside

I've been fortunate to play 6 of the current top 10 (plus some of the former top 10) as I USED TO travel (predominantly around the USA) a lot for work before the you know what came....

Have played:
2. Selah Ranch - Lakeside
3. Flip City
5. Rolling Ridge
6. Idlewild
9 Harmon Hills
10. Blue Ribbon Pines

Also, some current top 25:
Selah Ranch - Creekside
Maple Hill
Highbridge Hills - Blueberry
Moraine State Park
Deer Lakes
Beaver Ranch
Smuggler's Notch - Brewster
Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail

Plus former #1 (which apparently doesn't have enough ratings now):
Jarva Discgolf Park

As far as my personal Top 10:
1. Selah Ranch - Lakeside
1. Nockamixon (PA)
1. Maple Hill
1. Idlewild
5. Selah - Creekside
5. Tyler - East (PA)
5. Deer Lakes
5. Blue Ribbon Pines
9. Whistler's Bend (OR)
9. Warwick (NY)
9. Lake Claiborne - Whitetail

So some overlap, I felt the Rolling Ridge was a little overrated (although I have it ranked #13 on my list), Harmon Hills I have ranked 17 and Flip City I really felt was overrated (don't get me wrong, I still liked it) as I have it ranked 37th.

Also, some current top 25:
Selah Ranch - Creekside
Maple Hill
Highbridge Hills - Blueberry
Moraine State Park
Deer Lakes
Beaver Ranch
Smuggler's Notch - Brewster
Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail
Out of curiosity, when did you play Blueberry? It's gone through significant renovation in the past two years and will take until July or so to fully be in its next rendition. Even then, the new wooded holes will need to be broken in/grown in and it may be next year before second set of concrete pads. But it will have two tees and two baskets on every hole this spring.

That cranky guy would be Frank. He is not a disc golfer and seems not like disc golfers... just means more work for him I guess.

The buddies and I like the camping area at Selah most but are bigger fans of the Trey Texas Ranch. For this reason we camp at Selah and play the Trey Texas Ranch.

I've heard good things about Trey Ranch. It's definitely on my bucket list.

When we stayed at Selah we stayed at the cabin house, whatever it's called. There were a lot of us, so it made sense (though only about half of us actually played DG, it was just vacation for the rest). Never did straight camping there though. I feel like my days of camping for DG are over though. Last time we went camping was in Austin area for a couple days, and we had one of the worst storms out of nowhere. Decided we'll probably just do hotels in the future.

Out of curiosity, when did you play Blueberry? It's gone through significant renovation in the past two years and will take until July or so to fully be in its next rendition. Even then, the new wooded holes will need to be broken in/grown in and it may be next year before second set of concrete pads. But it will have two tees and two baskets on every hole this spring.

It was a while ago, like ten years ago. That whole property is a slice of heaven.

i tried calling them twice today with no answer and voicemail is full

this weekend might be my only chance this summer to hit up rr and winter park and whatever else is around there

but was curious if it was great in winter like brp takes care of their course or no

I just looked at RRs facebook page. their last post was from Feb 1st noting that all the pads are cleared. I dont live anywhere near there, nor have i played during winter. but i do follow their facebook page and they appear to try and keep it open as much as possible during the winter.

if you use facebook, here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/RollinRidgeDiscGolfCourse/

I just looked at RRs facebook page. their last post was from Feb 1st noting that all the pads are cleared. I dont live anywhere near there, nor have i played during winter. but i do follow their facebook page and they appear to try and keep it open as much as possible during the winter.

if you use facebook, here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/RollinRidgeDiscGolfCourse/

oh hell yah

thank you so much i didnt even think to look there

harmony bends
rolling ridge
idlewild
flip
selah lakeside

if it were just about fun, i could move flip to #2 if it's a chill round with the boys

1) maple hill
2) harmony bends
3) selah lakeside
4) idlewild
5) bucksnort
-----------------------------
honorable mention:
6) picninc island
7) basecamp adventure lodge
8) selah creekside
9) IDGC

also, RIP mentions

Ozark Mtn
Phantom Falls

and i never got to play them but if i did i'm sure Houck's Circle R courses would have made this list too
(shortly after moving to TX i passed on an opportunity to play a doubles event there, still haven't forgiven myself)

A chart showing how the respondents of this post ranked the courses they've played in the top ten. For example, 8 respondents noted that they played both Harmony Bends and Saleh Ranch. 6 respondents have listed Harmony Bends above Saleh Ranch, while 2 respondents have listed Saleh Ranch above Harmony Bends. Thus Harmony Bends 6 - Saleh Ranch 2.
attachment.php

Attachments

• top ten.png
    top ten.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 90
I tried to correct my misspelling of Selah, but timed out.

Last edited: