• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

Review of Jukeshoe

By: discpicable

Title of review: Brought the rain; forgot the forehand

Pros- Punctual; polite; well prepared for dg; burned me some cds

Cons- Attracts bugs; left his FH shot in another time zone; bailed on plans to grab a bite to eat with me

Other thoughts- Overall I thought Jukeshoe was a fairly fun and challenging dg partner. I wouldn't recommend going out of my way to play with him, but if you're in the area, definitely check him out.

Hehe. :p

Review of Jukeshoe

By: discpicable

Title of review: Brought the rain; forgot the forehand

Pros- Punctual; polite; well prepared for dg; burned me some cds

Cons- Attracts bugs; left his FH shot in another time zone; bailed on plans to grab a bite to eat with me

Other thoughts- Overall I thought Jukeshoe was a fairly fun and challenging dg partner. I wouldn't recommend going out of my way to play with him, but if you're in the area, definitely check him out.

Hehe. :p

Jukeshoe plays a round with Trashthrasher and it rains!, Jukeshoe plays a round with Mambrose,Valkyrie and Terry C and it rains!, Jukeshoe plays a round with Discpicable and it rains!! Poor guy cant get a dry round of disc golf in to save his life. We all had fun at Flip although I wish it wasn't raining at the time, made it kind of miserable after about 4 hours in the pouring rain but we made the best of it. Its hard not to have fun at Flip city no matter what the weather is doing. Jukeshoe is a solid guy. He's a little eccentric (in a good way) just like me so we got along really well. We had a long serious discussion about the importance of lego's in society, lol.:thmbup: Were gonna hook up for another round somewhere halfway in between us later this summer.

Rearrange the letters in Jukeshoe.

He joke us.

Makes sense now?

He said he used to play Madden football online when he was younger and his player name was "jukeshoe" like for his fast feet or whatever. He told me that and I was like "ooooooooh, okay now I get it"

Hey hey all,

Jukeshoe: <----back from a DG Roadtrip Vacation-Time o' Rain & Fun. :)

Here's the quick run down:
June 3rd: Turned 30. Played two solid rounds at both Rum Village and Bertrand Park in South Bend, In & Niles, Mi.
June 4th: Drove to Milwaukee. Drank too much New Glarus beer for my own good. Aw, hell, who am I kidding. My liver loved it.
June 5th: Woke up a bit crispy from the night before. Played Brown Deer with Trashthrasher. Good guy and a thoroughly good time. Actually shot fairly well (for my sucky noobness.) Trashthrasher actually got to witness the fact that, yes, I do have a forehand drive in the arsenal, yes, I'm fairly accurate with it, and yes, I am in fact able to get some reasonable distance out of it the majority of the time.
Rained at the end of the round.
June 6th: Randomly hit up UW Campus Parkside in Kenosha on my way back from Milwaukee. Awesome course there. Beautiful day, shot reasonably well except for a 3 putt meltdown on #2. D'oh!
June 7th: Another two rounds at the "home" courses of Rum Village and Bertrand Park. Shot really well at both. Thought that was a good sign for the upcoming Flip City excursion.
June 8th: Picked up Valkyrie, mambrose, and the irrepressible Mr. Terry C. Drove to Flip, met Bill (super coolest guy ever,) played Flip twice (skipping the a-holes the 2nd time through.) Valkyrie and mambrose are twins with the ability to telepathically communicate with each other. At least that's my assumption, since they said maybe 15 words the whole time between the two of them. mambrose kept throwing green colored discs into impenetrable patches of green underbrush. ;) Terry C is about as laid back and chill as they get. Definitely gonna get some more rounds in with this guy. I shot reasonably well for my sucky noob standards. Despite the less than stellar score, the fact that my FH totally abandoned me, and the nearly constant deluge towards the end, I had a blast. Flip City really is something else...
June 9th: Played two rounds at Bertrand, two at Rum. Shot well.
June 10th: Played Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso, In. Shot my all-time best (+10) there (it's a brutal course, and again, I'm a sucky noob.) Randomly met up with han_tzu, a newer member of this here site and guided him through the first 18 holes. He put up with my craziness and even "friended me up" without persuasion, begging, cajoling, etc. ;)
June 11th: Discpicable and I played two rounds at France Park, a very nicely designed course in Logansport, In. I thought it was going to be a fairly easy, "walk-in-the-park" sorta course, and I was looking forward to it, as by this point, the ol' body was feeling pretty well beat up. Instead, the course was a wooded, rugged, ridge of a course. Awesomesauce. Still struggled with my FH, but got a couple of decent ones at the very end. I played reasonably first round, and then totally melted down second round. Grip lock directly into the woods? Check. Terrible, terrible drives? Check. Roll-aways nearly every hole? Check. Terrible decision making and risk taking? Check and check. It was embarrassing, but still a lot of fun. Again, it poured on us. My 25% DEET bugspray seemed totally insufficent, despite Discpicable not having spray on and being fine. Apparently I just taste good. :rolleyes: I have to apologize to Discpicable for ditching on dinner, but I was soaked, very sore, with wet socks and shoes, and really just wanted to go home and relax prior to my vacation ending. Discpicable was a really cool guy. A total "Par Monster." He's even an official, card-carrying member of the Libertarians. :eek: Definitely want to get in another round or two sometime with him a France Park. I need to get my revenge on them thar wooded hills.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've got pictures of all this stuff, and will post tomorrow, I left my mem stick at home. :\

Okey dokey. Picture time!!!!! :)

Here's a pic of Jukeshoe and Trashthrasher.

Total badasses, I know, right? ;)

picture.php

I was still a bit hung over at that point...

We're throwing up the devil horns in memory of Ronnie James Dio. Or not. But revisionist history is fun.

Here's a pic of mambrose (on the left) and Valkyrie at Flip City.

picture.php

I told them to knock off the tough guy act and to smolder for the camera. Here's mambrose and Valkyrie smoldering for the camera:
picture.php

Sorry for the blurry pics. I think I was having a tough time figuring out whether it was the pictures that were blurry, or if it was just my eyes...:D

Bill at Flip City was cool as hell. What a great guy, and what an oustanding course that he shares with everyone else! Mad props, sir, mad props.

picture.php

mambrose, Valkyrie, Jukeshoe, Terry C, and Bill.

(I take no responisibility for these blurry pics...as you can see, I had nothing to do with it, and I've got the photographic proof to prove it.)

picture.php

Thumbs up!!!!!! :)

I didn't get anywhere near as many pictures of Flip City as I had wanted because of the stupid rain.

picture.php

I love me some rock cairns.

Note the spectacular job that Bill does mowing paths into the shule on the right side of the fairway, kinda by mambrose's arm. Good job, mambrose. :p

picture.php

picture.php

Little details like this are why Flip City is so awesome.

Terry C and Jukeshoe exchanging travel tags at Flip City. Good job of showing off the DGCR logo on front, Juke! :rolleyes:

picture.php

Just so there is no confusion, the empty box of Busch has nothing to do with us. It was there we we arrived. Terry C and I enjoyed some Bell's Oberon. Terry C has good taste in beer. :hfive:

Tagged!

picture.php

Tagged again!

picture.php

Note the proximity to the trashcan. I think I was missing the Landfill at this point in my trip. :D

Lunch at Flip City was great. Got to chat with Bill, grill out, kick back a beer, soak it all in.

picture.php

Mmmmm, turkey brats and weiners. Of course, Terry C had to posture and show how much more manly his sausage was than ours. :rolleyes:

picture.php

Damn, that's one huge Kielbasa!

picture.php

This is how it's done, son!

picture.php

^ Terry C, thoroughly enjoying his tasty kielbasa. On a frisbee, er, disc golf disc, as well! That's hardcore.

Latest posts