• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 The Preserve Championship July 30-Aug 1

I'd expect Cat will be the hometown fave among the spectators.

We have mixed feelings.

Personally, I do not know her as a human being, so I will reserve further judgment beyond her public persona.

She has already done two radio interviews on KFAN, and both times came across as a dreary, disinterested guest. The interviewer (Dan Cole the Common Man) plays a lot of golf but knows little about disc golf. He was honest and fair during his interview, but in an email reply he sent to me, he believes the audience also knows little and cares just as little about the sport - being honest but not degrading. He gave her plenty of opportunities to talk about the local scene and how local people can get more involved, but her answers were short and uninformative.

I really dig the idea that locals, from this forum, are able to weigh in and give us some realistic insight into the course. The power of this site on full display in these type discussions. :clap: :thmbup: :clap:

lol

something like that

We have mixed feelings.

Personally, I do not know her as a human being, so I will reserve further judgment beyond her public persona.

She has already done two radio interviews on KFAN, and both times came across as a dreary, disinterested guest. The interviewer (Dan Cole the Common Man) plays a lot of golf but knows little about disc golf. He was honest and fair during his interview, but in an email reply he sent to me, he believes the audience also knows little and cares just as little about the sport - being honest but not degrading. He gave her plenty of opportunities to talk about the local scene and how local people can get more involved, but her answers were short and uninformative.

So basically, she was just going through the motions, and perhaps a missed opportunity. Guess it all depends on whether "growing the game" is her priority.

Not saying she is or isn't on board with that movement, but not necessarily everyone is.

We have mixed feelings.

I thought the interview she did with him immediately after Worlds was good. Realistically I doubt she is much involved with the local scene there between being on tour and wintering places that are warm.

Is there a particular reason big names like Paul, Ricky, and Calvin tee'd off so early, or is the tour simply trying not to show favoritism to the top players? This is the first time I've ever seen big names tee off so early.

Birdie-fest discussion aside, there is something about the Preserve that I find really likable. For being on an old golf course, it doesn't give the same feeling as the courses at LVC, OTB Open, Portland Open, or Worlds do. It feels closer to home for what disc golf strives for. I think that's in part because the property is no longer used for golf in any capacity so Cale's able to make more use of the wooded portions of the property. But at the same time, a majority of the open holes just feel different and more thought out to me. I'm really excited to see some of the changes he's made as well as the new holes that are being incorporated this year.

Looking forward to seeing Hole 5 on the coverage. At this point only 1 person (James Proctor) is Circle 1 in Regulation

Is there a particular reason big names like Paul, Ricky, and Calvin tee'd off so early, or is the tour simply trying not to show favoritism to the top players? This is the first time I've ever seen big names tee off so early.

Maybe they had a film crew with them? Last week Friday @ DGLO, I was surprised to find MJ, Gibson, Uli & Clemonade on hole #15 at 9am, until I saw the film crew (Gatekeeper Media).

1080?!? And capping that round with an Eagle on 18. I hope his round was covered by one of the film crews!

I don't think his round was filmed. https://twitter.com/DiscGolfProTour/status/1420776803342249986

The [DGN live coverage] MPO feature card of Nikko Locastro, Eagle McMahon, Kevin Jones, and Matt Orum tees off at 2:30 pm ET. The FPO feature card of Paige Pierce, Catrina Allen, Kristin Tattar, and Holly Finley tees off at 4:30 pm ET.

JomezPro will cover MPO Lead Card. Round 1 coverage will feature Kyle Klein, James Conrad, Simon Lizotte, and Gannon Buhr.

GK Pro will cover FPO Lead Card. Round 1 will feature Missy Gannon, Maria Oliva, Lydia Lyons, and Raven Klein.

Gatekeeper will cover MPO Chase Card. Round 1 will feature Paul McBeth, Calvin Heimburg, Thomas Gilbert, and Ryan Sheldon.

1080?!? And capping that round with an Eagle on 18. I hope his round was covered by one of the film crews!

i see Ricky and Paul both feed off the internet love (no curse). total confidence in ones playing ability is an awesome thing. I'll bet neither one of them ever told anyone "don't talk to my disc while it's flying".

Eagles rolling in on the final hole. Looks like you can afford to botch a shot and still birdie

Yes, as long as you are able to do the 2 water carries in your first 2 throws, getting up and down for a 4 should be pretty routine for most of the MPO field.

If out of position on that peninsula after the tee shot, it's also feasible to lay up to the gap and line up an open ~300' look at the pin.

Already a -15 this year.

Apparently Cale was not able to make the necessary adjustments and the course is still… soft (as Ultiworld Disc Golf describes it)

Color me completely surprised. :::rolls eyes:::

Latest posts