• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf does not need "golf"

Example of how ball golf treats disc golf:

A few years ago, a good friend of mine was working for the PDGA on a course/player rating system. He approached the PGA (Profesional Ball Golf Assn.) to ask how they do it and see if he could model the disc golf system after thiers. He was informed that thier system was proprietary, and that if we attempted to copy it that we would be sued! Thanks alot ball golf, eff you too!

Ummm, yeah, but whats a jort?

1 : it's called "golf", not "ball golf".

2 : We share a lot, for example our rules are more or less copied from golf and "ball" was replaced with "disc".

3 : no, we dont need golf for our sport to grow, we are a sport on our own and whatever we do will decide how much we grow.

4 : Golf does not "look down" on disc golf. Maybe some members of the PGA dont get along with some members of the PDGA. That is personal. Dont generalise just to conjure up some stereotype.

Are you effing serious? Ball golf has gone out of its way to look down on us. Mabye not in Europe, but here for sure! Ball golf is what we disc golfers call it.

"sock" golf doesnt need golf either!

july17_fowler_299x444.jpg

We already have that...
Looks like Nikko, crossed with a little Double G and Paul McBeth.
DSCJNKY

I say we call disc golf Basket Throw Disc

timg register the domain name "btdcoursereview.com", quick!

When at any time was disc golf "dependent" on any other sport? What would "going our separate ways" even be supposed to do or look like? :confused:

I'm impressed by the length of this thread. It must be a significant topic. How can I contribute?

You could provide pictures of poorly dressed , millionaire ball golfers. you could explain how much you despise ball golf and its etiquette rules. You could also go the other direction and mock your fellow DGCR members that think the 2 sports have nothing in common. Basically, it's wide open.

You could also send a picture of jorts. It seems some people have never seen them.

If you can not provide evidence which clearly shows a case in which a ball golfer has looked down upon or sullied the name of a disc golfer or the sport of disc golf as a whole then begone with your wild accusations.

begone with your bad self

If you can not provide evidence which clearly shows a case in which a ball golfer has looked down upon or sullied the name of a disc golfer or the sport of disc golf as a whole then begone with your wild accusations.
lol @ begone
1) I never watched ball golf before I started throwing a disc.
2) I pull for Ricky Fowler because he rides motocross (or used to).
3) I dont have a problem with the term 'Frisbee Golf' but I dont like 'FROLF' & I dont know why!

I love how people who have been playing disc golf for like a year know so much about our sport! You begone, and live it for awhile, then come back and post. I'll admit, ball golf and ball golfers have softened up to us a little in the last few years, but you are crazy if you think the PGA will have anything to do with us! And I'm ok with that, I don't want anything to do with them either!

Almost forgot, definately hope I never see a jort on the course!

Latest posts