• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest thing you've witnessed on the course

these grown men were pushing baby strollers with no babies in them around the park throwing frizbees at the metal deer feeder / grill looking things in the park

weird...

Upvote for deer feeder reference. :thmbup:

I walked upon 2 young people having "relations" on the bench for hole #16 at Barfield Crescent years ago. She tried to cover up real quick and his face was as white as a ghost. I nodded, didn't say a word, teed off, and promptly went on my way.

Trying to explain to someone that 2 meters is not waist high.

Sunbather who sits in the middle of the fairway constantly playing with his nuts.

The ignorant families who denies their kids have the disc you just witnessed them pick up and run away with when they kids make a b-line run to the parents with disc in hand.

The jackass who comes out of nowhere in the woods and throws the disc back to you when your parked. Why? who knows.

Kids getting busted by the 5-0 off of 9's fairway at Willow Stream. Parents were called, it was a mess.

You can guess what for, I imagine.

So, I am playing a casual round at North Lake Park in Denton, TX. I am about to tee off on Hole #7 I believe and all of a sudden I notice a hot air balloon coming down over the tops of the trees. It then proceeds to "crash land" in the fairway of the hole I was about to play. It came in sideways with the side of the balloon basket bouncing up and down 6 or 7 times on the fairway before it finally came to rest. I immediately run over to make sure that everyone was alright. Not only were they alright, but they seemed to really enjoy the experience. They were laughing and carrying on and having a real mindblast of a time. The balloon guide or pilot or whatnot said that she would refund their money and the group then invited me to share a couple bottles of champagne with them in the field. It was the least that I could do, considering ...

in a shared park we hard LARPers (live action role play) running around with foam swords battleing and casting spells on each other. this went on every sunday for months

in a shared park we hard LARPers (live action role play) running around with foam swords battleing and casting spells on each other. this went on every sunday for months

We have that here too! A buddy of mine has nicknamed it "dork park" because of it.

So, I am playing a casual round at North Lake Park in Denton, TX. I am about to tee off on Hole #7 I believe and all of a sudden I notice a hot air balloon coming down over the tops of the trees. It then proceeds to "crash land" in the fairway of the hole I was about to play. It came in sideways with the side of the balloon basket bouncing up and down 6 or 7 times on the fairway before it finally came to rest. I immediately run over to make sure that everyone was alright. Not only were they alright, but they seemed to really enjoy the experience. They were laughing and carrying on and having a real mindblast of a time. The balloon guide or pilot or whatnot said that she would refund their money and the group then invited me to share a couple bottles of champagne with them in the field. It was the least that I could do, considering ...

Hot air balloons pretty much crash land every time. They can't really control where they go. We have a huge hot air balloon festival every year here in Stowe, VT, and they end up all over the place. One almost hit my house last year as it was coming down. It's a tradition that if they land in your yard, they give you a bottle of champagne.

The dumbest thing that i see regularly around here is a group of beginners, where one will throw, then run to his disc while the others are throwing at him (not him literally but playing the hole), yet to see one get hit, but it'll probably happen eventually.

Was playing at my home course where there is a giant down hill shot...watched two of my students drive a lawn mover down the hill, and flip it. Proud to say I'm their teacher

I walked upon 2 young people having "relations" on the bench for hole #16 at Barfield Crescent years ago. She tried to cover up real quick and his face was as white as a ghost. I nodded, didn't say a word, teed off, and promptly went on my way.

Similar story here. Our group of three pulled into a course parking lot at 9:30 am that morning only to see a female passenger in another car sit up from under the male driver's steering wheel. Yes, she could have just dropped something down there, but then again, there is a sign in the parking lot just 10 feet away that reads "Head in parking only." :D

I was working on T-2 in Orlando with Gregg Hosfeld. Gregg climbed up a tree and then walked out onto a limb that was about 6" in diameter and 12' off the ground and asked me to hand him the chain saw. While standing on the limb he started the saw and then swung it two feet directly over his head to cut off a 4" diameter branch that just about knocked him off the limb when it fell.

This thread gets five stars from me

I love the OP story, the LARPers, and the Hot Air Balloon. Honorable Mention: Dog $****

Saw a guy get a disc stuck way up high in a pine tree. Then he and his friends got two more discs stuck in the same tree. Yes, they threw discs at the other disc.