• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest thing you've witnessed on the course

my friend and i were playing at a course that had water on every hole on the back nine. I told him that they didnt want disc in their water at this park so if he threw one in he had to get it. You can guess what happened... it happened twice the first was some crappy disc i had let him borrow. he threw it in, swam to where it sank, dove and came up twice before finding the disc. The second time, he was throwing lefthanded bc his arm was hurting. he grip-locked the piss out of it. it landed near the sprinkler in the middle of this pond, he stripped, dove in, swam a good 200 or so feet and brought back the disc. the funniest part was.... as soon as he threw it. like in a single motion, had thrown the disc,stripped down and was in the water before the disc hit the water... He said and i quote.." i wanted to get the dang thing before it sank" i have never laughed so hard

Similar story here. Our group of three pulled into a course parking lot at 9:30 am that morning only to see a female passenger in another car sit up from under the male driver's steering wheel. Yes, she could have just dropped something down there, but then again, there is a sign in the parking lot just 10 feet away that reads "Head in parking only." :D

:thmbup:

Good one!

As I was walking up to the box a few years ago I noticed some kids playing around the basket. I qaited just a little until their mother noticed me. As I walked past the mother thanked me for not throwing " one of my kids got hit last year". Why the F let them play in the basket if you know they are gonna get hit

a guy and his g/f were making out on hole 4 of my home course...i approach and ask if i can play through...I pull out a dyed disc and am starting my pre-throw ritual...as soon as i get ready to release the disc he says.."wow that's a pretty bad a** design on that frisbee"....meanwhile the disc is turning hard and flying into the woods...I turn around to give this guy the stinkeye..I notice a "hatchetman" tattoo on him and a huge necklace on his girlfriend amongst all the brown hickeys all over her chest and shoulders...so i tell him that i dye the discs and put whatever design i want on them...he then lifts his shirt and shows me a "hatchetman" logo horribly tattooed on his shoulder..I said "Nope, can't do that design...I refuse to dye that logo..let alone look at it for more than a few seconds...he gets pissed and procedes to try and battle me telling me that juggalos are the future and pretty much all of them "frolf"....finally i gave up and told him to have a nice day and do not continue to talk until i hole out...the whole time i finished 4 and went onto 5 he kept rapping icp songs and yelling woop woop....if that's not one of the dumbest things.....oh, and kept saying "mcl" mad clown love and things of that nature to me.....horribly dumb...

...watched two of my students drive a lawn mover down the hill and flip it. Proud to say I'm their teacher

You should be. On the other hand, it must have been quite an understable lawnmower ... :D

We have Larpers in Rochester too at Ellison Park. They really go at it. War cries and all.

im all about doing what makes you happy, and i myself am an eye sore where ever i go and stick out like a sore thumb, but dang have some dignity

After reading a few of these, I had to add a few more of my own that I actually witnessed:

A llama snoozing comfortably on hole 4 at Spirit Ridge. Granted, she was in a llama pen and the llamas are always on that course, but I sidearmed a Firebird down the hill and skipped it through a tiny hole in the welded wire fence for a perfect anus ace. She jumped at least three miles and my dog proceeded to roar down the hill and give her a piece of his mind for getting hit by my disc. I had overshot the basket, so she actually helped keep my birdie chance alive.

Two people getting intimate in the woods by the river on hole 7 at Howling Coyote. I overshot the hole on that one with a yellow TL, so I had to head down the hill looking for it in the hopes that it hadn't reached the river. I suddenly hear "Looking for something?" in a very rude female voice. She thought I was spying or something. Apparently the round piece of plastic that had just crashed into the bushes near them (and the basket just up the hill from them) weren't clues that someone was golfing.

The girl at hole 3 at Howling Coyote who either grip locked or had never thrown a disc before that day who released her disc, edge down, directly onto the roof of a car that was parked immediately to the right of the teepad. Of course the owner of the car was in it, but they didn't care about the big ding in their paint because she was a girl.

Hole #5 at Rosedale in KC, you throw down a hill and beyond the pin is #6's teepad (naturally). Well #6's teepad is also the exit for the 'Down Under' wooded course.

I threw a drive from #5 down the hill, was somewhere near the basket (short hole) when I see two kids coming up from Down Under and walking past my disc. The both had discs with them, so clearly they must have understood the park and the situation. One of them picks up my disc and starts looking at it.

I yell down to him that it's mine, hoping he will replace it where it was so I can finish the hole. Instead, he smiles and throws it back to me.

I stood there dumbfounded, while he walked on smiling, assuming he did me a nice favor.

As I was walking up to the box a few years ago I noticed some kids playing around the basket. I qaited just a little until their mother noticed me. As I walked past the mother thanked me for not throwing " one of my kids got hit last year". Why the F let them play in the basket if you know they are gonna get hit
Similar to this happened to me yesterday. I went to Lincoln Ridge Park, I just was there to play the front 9 because I had some time to kill and it's not a course that i get to play all the time. Anyway I got to hole 4 which is a shot that is a constant curve to the left and really is a blind shot. I let one rip and it was a really good shot that to my surprise landed 20 feet beyond the basket in the pathway. When i got down there a couple guys where sitting on the bench at whole 5. I look to my left and there is a husband and wife walking in the middle of the fairway with two small kids probably 4-5 years old. I felt a bit sick to my stomach because if they would have been another 50 ft and near the basket I have no doubt I would have probably hit one of them. I could not imagine what a surge SS rim would have done to one of the small kids much less the adults. Then they walk up on the fairway of 4 and I knew there was someone behind me so I went back to explain to them where they where and what kind of danger they are putting their kids in. They gave me a stupid look but made their way off the fairway and hopefully to safety.

Similar to this happened to me yesterday. I went to Lincoln Ridge Park, I just was there to play the front 9 because I had some time to kill and it's not a course that i get to play all the time. Anyway I got to hole 4 which is a shot that is a constant curve to the left and really is a blind shot. I let one rip and it was a really good shot that to my surprise landed 20 feet beyond the basket in the pathway. When i got down there a couple guys where sitting on the bench at whole 5. I look to my left and there is a husband and wife walking in the middle of the fairway with two small kids probably 4-5 years old. I felt a bit sick to my stomach because if they would have been another 50 ft and near the basket I have no doubt I would have probably hit one of them. I could not imagine what a surge SS rim would have done to one of the small kids much less the adults. Then they walk up on the fairway of 4 and I knew there was someone behind me so I went back to explain to them where they where and what kind of danger they are putting their kids in. They gave me a stupid look but made their way off the fairway and hopefully to safety.

I play Banklick all the time and this is becoming a big problem. Last time out I ran into a couple just randomly strolling through the park. I think they walked straight down every single fairway. There are very distinct walking trails, stay on the trail for the love of god. Someone is going to get smashed in the face and I know who will get the blame and it's not the casual walker. They seem to be coming out of the woods like ninja.

in a shared park we hard LARPers (live action role play) running around with foam swords battleing and casting spells on each other. this went on every sunday for months

We have that here too! A buddy of mine has nicknamed it "dork park" because of it.

Oh man this reminds me of an awesome one! Gowan Park in Sanford ME has Larpers as well. They show up in full costume and are REALLY dedicated to staying in character. One time, they were playing on a fairway and we asked them to move. One of them waved at us to just throw so we did. As soon as I teed off one of them shouted "THE DRAGON COMES!!!" and they ran off. I was embarrassed for them...

I play Banklick all the time and this is becoming a big problem. Last time out I ran into a couple just randomly strolling through the park. I think they walked straight down every single fairway. There are very distinct walking trails, stay on the trail for the love of god. Someone is going to get smashed in the face and I know who will get the blame and it's not the casual walker. They seem to be coming out of the woods like ninja.

Yea I have only played it a couple times but there are more than a few blind holes there. I just think that if they would have been around hole 4 basket it would have been ugly. I was really proud of that shot but man I don't know what I would have done if i would have hit one of the small kids. You figure a surge is a 11 speed driver so it has a nice edge to it. I guess next time I will have to be more attentive to make sure i am not going to throw unless it is clear.

Oh man this reminds me of an awesome one! Gowan Park in Sanford ME has Larpers as well. They show up in full costume and are REALLY dedicated to staying in character. One time, they were playing on a fairway and we asked them to move. One of them waved at us to just throw so we did. As soon as I teed off one of them shouted "THE DRAGON COMES!!!" and they ran off. I was embarrassed for them...

I really hope you actually threw a Dragon...

Seeing those guys always makes me laugh. If there were actually medival battles and dragons they would be the first to die. So many unathletic people in one place it amazes me.

The one thing that really makes me scratch my head is when I am walking toward my disc and someone from another hole sees it first, walks to it, and asks me if it is mine, and then throws it to me. I have had this happen a few times, and no, the drives were either on or near my fairway.

We've got LARPers here but they stay off the course. They do their thing by the playground. I did see a high school aged kid on the little nine hole course in Olpe, KS in a purple velour pimp suit. Full hat and all. He was a big boy and very pale. I don't think he had a stable but he dressed the part.

Last week there were a bunch of rednecks in the ampitheatre singing kareoke. That was funny and annoying all at once.

a guy and his g/f were making out on hole 4 of my home course...i approach and ask if i can play through...I pull out a dyed disc and am starting my pre-throw ritual...as soon as i get ready to release the disc he says.."wow that's a pretty bad a** design on that frisbee"....meanwhile the disc is turning hard and flying into the woods...I turn around to give this guy the stinkeye..I notice a "hatchetman" tattoo on him and a huge necklace on his girlfriend amongst all the brown hickeys all over her chest and shoulders...so i tell him that i dye the discs and put whatever design i want on them...he then lifts his shirt and shows me a "hatchetman" logo horribly tattooed on his shoulder..I said "Nope, can't do that design...I refuse to dye that logo..let alone look at it for more than a few seconds...he gets pissed and procedes to try and battle me telling me that juggalos are the future and pretty much all of them "frolf"....finally i gave up and told him to have a nice day and do not continue to talk until i hole out...the whole time i finished 4 and went onto 5 he kept rapping icp songs and yelling woop woop....if that's not one of the dumbest things.....oh, and kept saying "mcl" mad clown love and things of that nature to me.....horribly dumb...

Was this at mcnasty??

Playing a tourney at Giles Run, stuck behind some S-L-O-W playing pros, got to watch one of them throw 6 discs into the briars next to the infamous Hole 16.

What a melt down.