• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest thing you've witnessed on the course

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
Wondering what some of the stupidest things you've witnessed on the course are or things that people in your group have done that just made you go...."Really?"

I was playing a round with a friend of a friend who took disc golf as a PE course last month at his college. Now he texts me daily asking to play. I try to help him learn the game and one thing is telling him to call people when he finds a disc.

So we're playing on the Gold GBO layout at Jones park and he spots a disc in a basket a few holes away. (no one else on the course) He goes to get it, a nice pro d 150 class nuke. It has a PDGA number on it. I didn't see a phone number but on the next teepad he starts dialing and leaves this guy a message. I asked him where the number was I didn't see it. He shows me #28522 and says he figured that's the local number of 342-8522 and they just left off the first few of the prefix obviously. I cracked up for a good five minutes. Here he is dialing a pdga number and leaving a message for Devon. I made him wear the dunce cap.

I've told the story before, but my buddy brought his bulldog on the course one day and forgot to bring a baggie. He let the beast take a steamer in the rough just off the fairway and kicked some dirt over it to "disguise" it. I called him a Dbag and we moved on. On our second round, he was in a bad mood cuz he was losing and sent a disc into the rough on the same hole. He went to go get it and I got to see him throw a tantrum while he scraped his own dog's sh!t off his shoes! :D

I dont know how "dumb" this story is, but it was kind of funny. My friend had bought a black Westside Sword. I told him that was a bad choice of color because if it went into the high stuff he would have a tough time finding it. Sure enough he was playing alone a day or so later and lost it. He said he looked for awhile but could not find it. I went with him and we both looked for awhile and never found it. A week or so later we are finishing a round and are walking toward the parking lot when lo and behold, it is in the back of his truck. Turns out another friend of ours found it and put it in the bed of his pickup. He picked it up walked to #1 on the other course at the park and let it fly.....you guessed it, lost again. Never to be found this time.

I've told the story before, but my buddy brought his bulldog on the course one day and forgot to bring a baggie. He let the beast take a steamer in the rough just off the fairway and kicked some dirt over it to "disguise" it. I called him a Dbag and we moved on. On our second round, he was in a bad mood cuz he was losing and sent a disc into the rough on the same hole. He went to go get it and I got to see him throw a tantrum while he scraped his own dog's sh!t off his shoes! :D

Instant Karma :thmbup:

This is kind of tough, because I say "really?" almost every time I throw a disc.

But the dumbest thing I've seen on the course? Well, there's this guy I know... Let's call him bmart (no hyphen, so not me of course)... He made the mistake of drinking on the course. Not just one or two beers, but a few more than that. He decided (heroically I might add) to jump in the pond at Sunnyside Park in Pullman, WA to rescue the disc of some random guy he was playing with. Now, his friend Tim was more than willing to strip down to boxers and go in, but not me... I mean him. He went in fully clothed, only taking the time to put his phone and wallet in his disc bag before diving in. There was so much algae and duck crap on my jeans (enough faking... It was me) that it wasn't even funny. Even though it was pretty hilarious. I had to drive home in my underwear because I had leather seats at the time. My friend's apartment (I was visiting of course) smelled like a nasty duck pond for a week after I left. On top of all of that I decided that my leather wallet would be safe to keep in my pants after I climbed out, so anything in there that wasn't plastic was ruined. Or so I'm told. I remember the whole thing except putting the wallet back in my pocket against the advice of those with me.

these grown men were pushing baby strollers with no babies in them around the park throwing frizbees at the metal deer feeder / grill looking things in the park

weird...

Heard, then saw a bagpiper emerge from the fog playing one day at ElDorado Park course in Long Beach, CA. Whoa, so much noise. (no kilt as I recall)

2 people having sex behind a tree just behind basket #12 at Central Park in Schenectady, NY. Our group (weekly dubs) all drove the uphill tee shot and were preparing to throw the upshots to the basket when some movement off behind the basket catches our eye. They saw us, followed by frantic pulling up of pants. We stood there for almost 10 minutes because they were ashamed to come out. Eventually, they walked out and kind of away from us and left in opposite directions...ouch...

Dumbest things ever was meeting a guy who had been playing for 2 years and he told me the plastic type and weight of the disc has no effect on how the disc flies........................

wow.

Playing my home course about a month ago, my friends and I witnessed a group of chuckers lighting a picnic table on fire in the middle of the woods. We called the park and told them to be on the look out for a big group of younger teenagers but they never found them. The fire department came and put the table out but there was alot of damage done to it.

Saw two dudes finish a round in full goth regalia. Guessing the heat index was 100+. Didn't see any water bottles.

Played a hole with two dudes who insisted playing bare foot. Course was Giles Run.

Saw a group of three play a hole with 1 disc between them.

Some random texts on the basket that turn into a bulletin board.

oh just the usual ...

... family on a picnic, tinfoil and coals in the basket, chicken hanging off the chains ... ho hum ...

A lone white guy at the park the other day in a group of say 60.... he was on the turntables mixing or whatever. Worst thing that I have ever heard in my life. He blasted it through some giant subs so that the entire course could hear it loudly. I kept yelling obnoxiously to my friends that I would rather listen to American Idol.... Celine Dion... or to dogs humping. Unfortunately the dbag still couldn't hear me. I know that the rest of the people around him had to think the same. I just don't understand. Maybe he thought he was good... and that we wanted to hear him? Maybe he is trying to become the next up and coming white turntable artist.... one park at a time? This was the first time that I wanted to quit playing a round early. Dumbest thing that I have ever seen/heard.