• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever had a top-notch public course to yourself?

I play Luther Britt Park at least twice a week when I'm at college and I have only seen 3 other recreational groups or people. Otherwise the only people I see are at tourneys. And when they do come through it's Always a DGCR'r driving down 95 or heading to Wilmington.

we played the idgc on a tuesday and saw 6 other golfers

maybe 8. We played wr jackson and jim warner without seeing a soul

When I used to travel and play on workdays, I often had public courses to myself.

Even now I play Earlewood, a pretty good public course, at lunch, often alone.

As for private courses, I once played Bohart Ranch (Bozeman, MT) all by myself, wondering all along what the grizzly situation might be. Nowadays I have the chance to play a private course alone, and it's a quite serene experience, interrupted only by my own screams of anguish.

Back in '09, I was driving from LA to the Bay Area and had Coyote Point all to myself. I was actually hoping to run into a guide to help me navigate the course, but I didn't see anyone out there until I was on the last hole.

Coyote Point is certainly in my Top 5 list...can't see that changing anytime soon. :thmbup:

All the time. You don't have to get up very early to beat the crowds at disc golf courses. I've played solo rounds at BRP in less than an hour many times.

A friend and I got to play 2 full rounds at All Terrain DG course in South Caroinaon Christmas eve. We had the entire beautiful mountain course all to ourselves.

I had All Terrain to myself last friday also. I played Boyd Hill and had the course to myself one time also.

Where I live there are two courses in the same park (Armco Park) that I consider my home courses. I have played at a dozen other courses other than those two and I would argue that the courses at Armco Park are superior. Disc Golf in my city is a relatively new sport, therefore there are not many people that are disc golfers. I would say that there are only a dozen or so people that I would consider "regular" players. Because of my work schedule I have to play fairly early in the morning. I usually play two rounds beginning at 8:30 am, way before anyone else is there. I usually can make it through both round without seeing a soul in the park, much less anyone just picnicing or playing at the playgrounds.

I don't usually run into another group anytime I play any of the Highbridge courses. Mont du Lac was empty when I played this summer, and I don't think Zobel gets a lot of play, but it should.

I played at McIver on a weekday in October and was the only person or car out there until I was walking back to the car, at which time a couple of guys pulled up and got out with some discs and took my place as the only people there...

I played De La veaga early one Tuesday morning and never saw another soul while I was there.

The round took about four hours ...

Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, IL. Not a single golfer there when I was there back in '09 and this was on a nice June afternoon. A few blocks away there was a small nine hole course filled with families.

Benefit of being a morning person. Have played Nevin with no one on the course (not that there is many people there normally) numerous times and I don't think there was anyone at Iron Hill when I played it a few years back.

Blue Mountain in Missoula, MT seems to always have a few groups playing, hell or high water. The only time I've seen the course completely empty was an eeeaarly early round right after a snow storm followed by a rain storm - Everything was a solid sheet of wet ice, and if that hadn't been my only opportunity to play that week I probably would have turned around too.

Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI is like that. everytime i go there!!!!! off the 30 plus times i've been there i think i've seen two other groups. Other than the crew i was with!!!!!