• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever Hit a Car??

Multiple tmes, once a brand new colorado pickup, the owner was sittin in it, older hispanic guy, he didnt seem to mind the crease it left in the rear bed side. He didnt speak english.

I have seen several cars hit on hole 11 on the Back 18 at La Mirada. Never seen any damage even right off the tee. I learned to be careful teeing off on 11 and 12 as I was afraid of somehow landing my disc in the bed of a truck as it went flying down that street. Somewhere I heard a story of a disc somehow managing to fly right into a cracked window of a car driving down the street. I think the driver was nice enough to stop and give the disc back.

Years ago at DeLa someones drive from hole 27 hit a side view mirror of a car in the parking lot. Needless to say, that mirror was shattered.

I hit a brand new Tahoe, w/ all the bells and whistles, one day. I went to retrieve my disc out of the parking lot and saw where my disc left @ a 6" mark on the side. The owner had left w/ someone else, so I left my name and # on the windshield. Lady called me and said that she had already buffed it out, no harm, no foul.

I sat and watched my fiance hit a car from a tee right next to a parking lot. Car was to the right and behind her about 20' away.

We all now debate on whether it is safter to stand back behind her to the left or directly in front of her.

I've only hit moving vehicles. I hit a couple on hole 8 of Kenneth Rosland Park in Edina, MN before they moved the basket and one on hole 12 of Grandview Park in Des Moines, IA and none of the drivers stopped so I don't know if there has been any damage.. I tried to wave them down but I'm guessing they were too confused by the sound of the disc hitting the car to pay attention to me. All of them skipped off the ground into the car so the driver never saw them coming.

Hole 11 at Brown Deer Park, it was a Sunday about a month ago. I teed off with a brand new Star Wraith, it flew about 150' and took a remarkably hard left turn directly into the tailgate of a mid 80's Blazer!:eek: The owner and his family watched me tee off and subsequently saw the collision, he was way cool and said the car was a piece of crap and not to worry about it. Could have been much worse as the road was bumper to bumper with parked cars, many of which were way more valuable than the Blazer.

I hit the bumper of an older car once, fortunately it was a metal bumper and didn't even leave a mark!

Last week at White Bank Park, hole 12. Its a long throw across a parking lot that almost never gets used(well you don't have to throw over the parking lot, but we all do & yes if you land on the pavement it is OB) anyway, this one day there was a birthday party getting set up and I was talked into still letting it rip over the four cars in the lot. I cleared all but the last and as it faded I hit the back end of the open pick up bed! Bam! Bounced into the bed of the truck! The family was cool, thanks for that, and I threw the second shot from the truck!

if the truck was sitting on the asphalt how did you get to play from the bed?

i've seen 2 different shots at gillies on hole 2 wind up in the beds of passing trucks- one didn't even stop, the other driver tried to claim the disc had put this big arse dent in the truck about 6 feet from where it actually hit it. eventually she decided to play nice and go away.

I was playing last week when a guy in our foursome hit a MiniVan really solid. He hit it so hard that he bounced back inbounds and three's the hole.
No damage to the MiniVan.

i threw my putter from about 100 feet out at my buddies car when he was coming to pick me up to go disc golfing, it nailed his hood and slid up the windshield, it left a snail trail of plastic in its wake, everything rubbed off with a towel...

Ive hit my own car. I was just screwing around on my street... I live at the end of a culdesac, and the street goes pretty much straight away from my house. On either side of the street is about 30'-40' wide grass field. Its a perfect place to practice driving if you can throw decently straightz. The streetis a long gradual slope down towards the house, then the drive way drops steeply. Ican throw about 320' usually, but this particular day i was about 500' away from my house and let one rip. It must have caught an updraft because that thing went straight up and still on its line. It flew all the way down the hill and dropped sharply after passing the beginning of the drive way. Broke the passenger side mirror and door window. Champ starfire. So yeah, discs definetly do some good damage to cars.

if the truck was sitting on the asphalt how did you get to play from the bed?

i've seen 2 different shots at gillies on hole 2 wind up in the beds of passing trucks- one didn't even stop, the other driver tried to claim the disc had put this big arse dent in the truck about 6 feet from where it actually hit it. eventually she decided to play nice and go away.

Casual play. We laughed about it and decided the disc would have landed on the grass based on trajectory. We just played it from the end of the bed as a joke.

Latest posts