• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade DG Bags ...

OK...Tourney bag.

Using a good mix of plastic, 20 would be the comfortable number in the main, with 2 putters in the front. The dividers are really thin and as it was stated earlier, not needed if you fill the bag. Some days, I use the dividers to keep the center open for 3-4 beers wrapped in a towel. It keeps the weight centered..even as they empty out. Light jacket goes in one pocket and my camera in the opposite beverage holder. I keep cigars in the other pocket and the opposite beverage holder is a repository for the open beverage of choice.

I usually carry 18 + putters.

And, as much as I joke about beers, I AM a stickler for packing OUT all my empties. I also despise those bottled (Spring) water containers. I bought a Tupperware 1-Quart jug for $1.19 and it has a perfect pour cap on top. I fill it with powdered, sugarless drink and wash it when I get back home.

Those of us that play doubles every week also carry a shopping bag tied to one of the clips and we fill it up with litter anywhere we see it. This behavior goes a long way with the park department. It doesn't take much to be a pain in the a$$ about it with others who play with you. Before long, you start seeing more people cleaning up.

Fademan

.....and because of that I broke down and ordered a crunch box. from Prime. Must stay loyal to DGCR. I cant wait....

I started playing DG about four months ago. The group that introduced me to the game have all been playing less than a year.

Not knowing grunt about discs, bags, etc., I went to Academy and bought a few discs and an el-cheapo bag. Played everyday for a month, loved it and decided to plunge head first into it.

I drove 90 miles north to the Disc Nation store in Austin, TX. I was like a kid in a candy store. I went nuts!

The first thing in the shopping cart was a blue Fade bag. I like the two beverage holders and all the extra pockets cuz I'm a packrat. If I ever get stranded out on the course for a week, I'm ready. LOL

Since then, all my friends liked my bag so much, they have made the trek and bought Fade bags also.

My son started playing about a month ago and I bought him a pumpkin and green one. His first comment was, "What's up with the colors?". But, after playing with it, he is spoiled now and he loves it.

Hey, Fademan, with me bird dogging all your gear down here in Texas, where's my commission?

Woodpecker

I started playing DG about four months ago. The group that introduced me to the game have all been playing less than a year.

Not knowing grunt about discs, bags, etc., I went to Academy and bought a few discs and an el-cheapo bag. Played everyday for a month, loved it and decided to plunge head first into it.

I drove 90 miles north to the Disc Nation store in Austin, TX. I was like a kid in a candy store. I went nuts!

The first thing in the shopping cart was a blue Fade bag. I like the two beverage holders and all the extra pockets cuz I'm a packrat. If I ever get stranded out on the course for a week, I'm ready. LOL

Since then, all my friends liked my bag so much, they have made the trek and bought Fade bags also.

My son started playing about a month ago and I bought him a pumpkin and green one. His first comment was, "What's up with the colors?". But, after playing with it, he is spoiled now and he loves it.

Hey, Fademan, with me bird dogging all your gear down here in Texas, where's my commission?

Woodpecker

The real question is, why drive 180miles round trip when there was this thing invented called the "Internet". Give it try sometime, it will save you time and money from driving 180miles to buy a $12 bag and $10 discs. :)

Simple question with a simple answer.

The real question is, why drive 180miles round trip when there was this thing invented called the "Internet". Give it try sometime, it will save you time and money from driving 180miles to buy a $12 bag and $10 discs. :)

It's kinda hard to field test any discs on the Internet, wouldn't you say? Like I said in my original post, I'd only been playing about a month so I was ignorant about most of the discs and how they react in flight.

Disc Nation in Austin has a nice open manicured field marked off in 100' increments for test throwing any disc in their inventory before you buy it.

Just step out the back door and let 'em rip. Reading about a disc's flight characteristics on the internet and actually being able to sling one before you buy it, I believe, is worth the trip.

As far as driving that far for a $12 bag and $10 disc, my first trip I spent $320 and the second trip, the bill was $240. So, the $20 I spent on gas was worth it.

After all, anything worth doing is worth doing in excess, right? LOL

Woodpecker

Disc Nation in Austin has a nice open manicured field marked off in 100' increments for test throwing any disc in their inventory before you buy it.
Just step out the back door and let 'em rip. Reading about a disc's flight characteristics on the internet and actually being able to sling one before you buy it, I believe, is worth the trip.
Woodpecker
That is awesome! I have never heard of anybody else doing this. I would definitely do the drive if I could test throw a disc or two. That is really a great idea. It must be expensive for them to do that.
If you were driving out that far did you hit up any DG courses along the way? That would make the trip that much sweeter!

That is awesome! I have never heard of anybody else doing this. I would definitely do the drive if I could test throw a disc or two. That is really a great idea. It must be expensive for them to do that.
If you were driving out that far did you hit up any DG courses along the way? That would make the trip that much sweeter!

Naw, both trips I made late in the afternoon so I wasn't able to play. There is a city course about a block from the store though.

Austin is over run with DG courses being a college town (Go, Longhorns!).

My friends and I are planning a road trip in a few weeks to go play there. We're going to make a weekend of it.

Woodpecker

It's kinda hard to field test any discs on the Internet, wouldn't you say? Like I said in my original post, I'd only been playing about a month so I was ignorant about most of the discs and how they react in flight.

As far as driving that far for a $12 bag and $10 disc, my first trip I spent $320 and the second trip, the bill was $240. So, the $20 I spent on gas was worth it.

After all, anything worth doing is worth doing in excess, right? LOL

Woodpecker

That makes more sense then. Its the details that matter. I may make the drive to, to be able to demo some discs. Good Deal.

Do they have dedicated demo discs or do they let you the same brand new disc that you'd be buying?

What do they do with the thrown discs that people don't purchase?

ERic

Woodpecker

Here is your commission...

OMG Thank you so much!

If you drove up here (considerably more than $20 in gas) you could test throw my bags around behind the shop. I have a portable basket and some trees you could slam it against, too.

So, everyone eventually ends up with more than one bag. If I made some changes, what would they be?

Fademan

Do they have dedicated demo discs or do they let you the same brand new disc that you'd be buying?

What do they do with the thrown discs that people don't purchase?

ERic

I didn't see any dedicated demo discs. I guess they just wipe down the thrown discs and put them back in their display.

Not much wear and tear if you only throw it a couple of times.

Woodpecker

Here is your commission...

OMG Thank you so much!

If you drove up here (considerably more than $20 in gas) you could test throw my bags around behind the shop. I have a portable basket and some trees you could slam it against, too.

So, everyone eventually ends up with more than one bag. If I made some changes, what would they be?

Fademan

I have one friend who kicks his bag farther than he throws his drive sometimes. LOL

How he ended up with one of your bags is funny. He was out in a open field with one small tree, basically a twig, between him and the basket. Sure enough, he center punches the tree with his shot. He kicked his bag and then jerked it off the ground so hard, he snapped the strap on both sides of the bag.

Its was funny as hell watching him carry his bag around under his arm for the rest of the round.

I offered to let him field test mine by kicking it around to see how he liked it. He passed and a couple of days later, he had a new Fade bag.

So far, it's holding up to the abuse in great style.

If this one doesn't make it, I was thinking you could do a custom job for him. I'm thinking Kevlar with titanium straps. LOL

I might take you up on a trip to your place to field test your bags. All it will cost you is an endless supply of ice cold beer while I'm working. LOL (Now that I think about it, that could get very expensive)

Woodpecker

Last edited:
It would be awewsome to get to test a disc before buying. I probably wouldn't have 94 discs if that were the case. = )

More pocket space on your Tourney bag. I love the big pockets on my DISCarrier.

Hey Fademan,
Quick question about your tourney bag. Are the dividers within the bag comparable to Innova's dividers ... and would Innova's velcro-in dividers work in the tourney bag? I was thinking of upgrading my bag in the near future from the Innova deluxe to the Fade Tourney so I was just wondering if I would be able to reuse the dividers I bought.
Thanks,
-FB

I just bought a Fade crunch box and then a friend of mine gave me a innova bag. If you put the 2 next to each other you can tell which is the better bag hands down. The innova bag is built and looks alot better than the fade. So the fade bag goes in the closet til I wear out or sell it to someone. Happy tossing!

i asked for a fade tourney bag for xmas...i'll report on how i like it and maybe compare it to my buddies innova comp bag...

I just bought a Fade crunch box and then a friend of mine gave me a innova bag. If you put the 2 next to each other you can tell which is the better bag hands down. The innova bag is built and looks alot better than the fade. So the fade bag goes in the closet til I wear out or sell it to someone. Happy tossing!

that's funny since I bet more than 70% of us have switched from the innova bag.

Got to say you are just plain crazy on this one. My Fade Crunch has been through punishing stuff and it still looks brand new. My old Innova bag started to tear after a few months.

I bought my brother a Fade tourney bag for Christmas and got in the mail the other day. I put all of my discs in it (2 putters in the front pouch and 17 in the main pocket) and there was a little bit more room for more discs, but not too much.

I really like the bag and it seems very durable, but I'm wondering if the innova competition bag holds more discs. I may end up with a few more discs when spring rolls around.

Latest posts