• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

fantasy disc golf anyone?

Damn Josh Anthon didn't show up to the King of the Lake.
That's two tourneys in a row that I lost points on a player not showing up.

If Kyle and Josh would have shown up the last few weeks, I'd definitely be in 1st place right now.
Currently, I am in 5th place out of 1500-ish people.

Arrgggghhhh.
DSCJNKY

...and everyone else's so not really killing you in the broader sense...

at least crabtree broke his finger... god knows what was up with anthon, may have taken him all weekend to type the facebook post about usdgc...

C'mon man. I need some excuse to justify my sinking score other than taking the heat for my own poor decisions.

Trippin Bill Tommy . . . I still have not received my disc . . . did you send it yet. Im gonna need it because I doubt I am going to win anything this season!

if someone agree's to the terms, joins the group, but doesn't play, or plays a round and quits, are they still liable for their entrance fee?

any lawyers in the room? who found the bloody glove?

Well no offense guys but I won 1 disc last season and have not seen it from the person. I was worried about this from the beginning . . . someone entering and then deciding not to pay up. Sure he may still send it to me, but he already claimed he would once and he still hasn't. Now does that mean I am obligated to the rules of the game even though I was hurt by someone who didn't play by the rules they agreed to? Should I have to send a disc to someone when I got screwed out of a disc in the first season???

I'll let you guys decide that. As far as the people who didn't get people entered for their team in the first event, I would assume they slipped up and forgot or something. In this circumstance I guess let them out of the deal, but anyone who had people on their team in week 1 of this season, should be held accountable (everyone should but not everyone replied to the request for their intentions for season 2).

I feel if they didnt want to play season 2 they should have asked out of the group or taken themselves out unfortunately not everyone is responsible or cares enough about other people to make others aware of their intent to not play.

So where do we go from here?

I have to admit...I haven't sent my disc to Zaq yet. I sent him a message that I would be late and I just packaged the disc tonight (Champ Mako) and will be getting it in the main this weekend.

I also realized today that I haven't put any players together for any tournament this second half...and that sucks. Been crazy busy at work and getting another course installed...I guess I'm making a donation again this time.

For the record...I did send him a PM a few weeks ago and again today. I'm normally better at sending discs to those I owe them to. To Harr0140...don't know who owes you...hopefully they will send something soon.

so who is actually in on the gamble?

the first 14 in the pic seem to be in for a disc but i'm not sure about 15-23

i'm willing to let anyone with zero points week one off the hook... if you had guys week one you're in imo. if no one objects in the next couple of days i'll redo payout based on that.

Well no offense guys but I won 1 disc last season and have not seen it from the person. I was worried about this from the beginning . . . someone entering and then deciding not to pay up. Sure he may still send it to me, but he already claimed he would once and he still hasn't. Now does that mean I am obligated to the rules of the game even though I was hurt by someone who didn't play by the rules they agreed to? Should I have to send a disc to someone when I got screwed out of a disc in the first season???

I'll let you guys decide that. As far as the people who didn't get people entered for their team in the first event, I would assume they slipped up and forgot or something. In this circumstance I guess let them out of the deal, but anyone who had people on their team in week 1 of this season, should be held accountable (everyone should but not everyone replied to the request for their intentions for season 2).

I feel if they didnt want to play season 2 they should have asked out of the group or taken themselves out unfortunately not everyone is responsible or cares enough about other people to make others aware of their intent to not play.

So where do we go from here?

two wrongs don't make a right... just 'cause TRIPPIN BILL TOMMY is screwing you doesn't mean you should screw someone else. leaving negative feedback and harassing them is about all you can do. it's a shame some people have no honor...

two wrongs don't make a right... just 'cause TRIPPIN BILL TOMMY is screwing you doesn't mean you should screw someone else. leaving negative feedback and harassing them is about all you can do. it's a shame some people have no honor...

I agree I just was curious what others think, am also curious if everyone else go the discs they deserved and if I am the only one hasn't.

I have sent a couple PMs and he claimed once he would package it up and send it out.

Anyways I can ask you to do one thing, since he is still active in the league, if he wins and if I do not win anything just make sure he is the person I would need to send to. And if he wins anything we could tell the people who owe him a disc to not send it until I get my disc . . . that would only be fair, but just as hame it would come to that.

This was my biggest concern from the beginning about peoples follow through.

Its my own fault for not keeping up with the league play. I will send a disc to whomever I need to after this round.

i'm willing to let anyone with zero points week one off the hook... if you had guys week one you're in imo. if no one objects in the next couple of days i'll redo payout based on that.

i'll support your decision biscoe. and thank you for running this event for us!

it sounds like this is a lot of fun as long as people are trustworthy. how do i get involved?

sounds cool but i know nothing of the players so i would lose. if it was free i might then.

mikeb23 & chrishank, i've never played in any fantasy game, i don't watch sports and know very little about any sport, i don't know much about the pro disc golfers. the great thing is, you don't need to.

to play fantasy disc golf, you only have to pick 4 people. it's a no brainer for me. i just pick 4 people and try to spend all the points they give me. each person you pick is worth points, for example Paul Uli is 18 points and i have 64 points total to spend. it's really that easy!

mikeb, as for trustworthiness, i think there is only one person being unresponsive, and maybe president of authority biscoe, can eliminate them from the next tour until old debts are paid off (loan shark mafia style). so if you are thinking of joining but that one story is holding you back, i wouldn't let it get to you.

mikeb & chrishank, if money is an issue and you don't want to put up the entry fee which is one unthrown disc, there are a lot of free leagues! that's what i did. i started playing the free stuff until i got comfortable with the site which didn't take long at all. then i waited for the next tour to start and all scores reset to zero, then i joined the dgcr league. so start now, have fun, play for free, and if someone runs another league, hit up the next tour for the gamble.

tldr?

Latest posts