• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg on McFlysoHigh

It's since been edited, but the 23:45 mark is a good start ... otherwise known as the "****in amateurs" incident ;)

Before I ever saw this thread, I listened to what Dave said several times. I thought that he was calling himself "amateurish" for having missed the putt. Did he ever speak out on what he actually said? Just wondering.

Of course, "put it on the internet" was pretty clear. :p

And the Simon thing... It's weird how non-Americans have their accents almost disappear when using American vulgarities like the f-bomb. My brother had a video of Sepultura, a Brazilian metal band years ago. They had really thick accents, expect when dropping the f word and other American slang. Weird.

Last edited:
Before I ever saw this thread, I listened to what Dave said several times. I thought that he was calling himself "amateurish" for having missed the putt. Did he ever speak out on what he actually said? Just wondering.

Of course, "put it on the internet" was pretty clear. :p

And the Simon thing... It's weird how non-Americans have their accents almost disappear when using American vulgarities like the f-bomb. My brother had a video of Sepultura, a Brazilian metal band years ago. They had really thick accents, expect when dropping the f word and other American slang. Weird.

I'm sure the same goes for Americans and Spanish. For some strange reason, curse words are usually the first/only words us Gringos are interested in learning...lol

I think Dave's stance comes from a lot more selfish place than you're giving him credit for. I think he's worried about his own brand but doesn't want to have to take ownership for that himself.

Bingo

No interpretation needed. You are the first person I have seen comment to whom it wasn't totally obvious.

Feldberg is quite possibly the biggest scumbag in the game, and I would have to imagine lat64 is seriously reconsidering having this guy as a partner.

Did you ever figure out the ANSWER? Did you ever call and talk to Crispin about it?

That dude is messed up! :thmbup: :cool:

HA!

I don't know who is more messed up. Is it Crispen for making that, or is it me for having a 20 second clip I saw once on a late night talk show back around 1990 stick in my head for decades? :D

Anyone else notice a diva-ish slapping body parts trend? It seems like very time a guy misses a close shot I rarely see but always hear a slapping sound. Usually that's accompanied by a some sort of gripping. Tantrum stuff like that makes me embarrassed to show my newb friends how the "professionals" do it. Thanks Obama.

I didn't know YouTube videos had to follow FCC rules for standard broadcast. :\

But independent video producers are not under FCC law (and potential fines etc) like the networks are. At most, they are under the terms of whoever is hosting their finished product (YouTube).

Well, also under any waiver they agreed to with the tournament or league they are videoing (I got nailed by the USDGC back in 2003 for posting some video clips of the event when the back of the tickets had small print forbidding that.....even though when I came into the event no one was taking money or giving out tickets).

but that's not the point at all. sure, nobody is obligated by any law or policy but it's an obvious standard to which to hold oneself to create a professional product. there doesn't need to be any law or rule but the PDGA could promote the idea by perhaps only posting or linking to videos that meet a certain level of decorum.

i'm just talking about a sensible self-policed policy to meet a degree of professionalism that reflects well upon the sport and the community.

Who gives a **** what ABC and CBS do, they're brainwashing society with their pseudo reality. I know you've probably grown up brainwashed by the fancy color box as well so you haven't figured out how that **** is ruining society yet. You're also assuming most people give a **** about disc golf becoming some giant corporate monstrosity that brings in tons of ad revenue so top pros can make more money. Most disc golfers could care less about that ****; including me.

I play disc golf because I love it and I love hanging out on the course with people and just shooting the ****. Most of the **** that gets said in a casual round would be edited out of a CBS broadcast so **** that **** and **** anyone trying to make disc golf some fancy little package for corporate america to consume. You're a sheep.

cool story, brah

Feldberg is quite possibly the biggest scumbag in the game, and I would have to imagine lat64 is seriously reconsidering having this guy as a partner.

Really? Seems to me that he gives a lot of his time to our sport. I doubt Lat64 regrets having one of the most knowledgeable people in the sport in their company.

Yeah ... I'm going to need more proof than an inaudible mutter that people tell me is cursing at the volunteers to convince me.

The rumor is that Dave got in trouble by his sponsors from something that was caught on film by Marty. Dave then asked Marty to edit it out and he refused.

Anyone else notice a diva-ish slapping body parts trend? It seems like very time a guy misses a close shot I rarely see but always hear a slapping sound. Usually that's accompanied by a some sort of gripping. Tantrum stuff like that makes me embarrassed to show my newb friends how the "professionals" do it. Thanks Obama.

Obama inappropriately does a different type of golf.

Well if the rumors are true that Dave Feldberg is moving to Colorado, I'll make sure to corner him and use my hard-hitting journalism skills to get the real deal on his thought process.

Or I could just stand aside like a gushing little fanboy and watch him bomb some drives, either way.

I like Dave. I think he's a little nuts at times but I do think he means well. He should focus on the players first. I mean really that's where it needs to start obviously. Gatorade doesn't care about disc golf right now and probably never will. That's fine. If that's your concern though talk to Nikko. Control your own rants. Look at a Paul McBeth. The guy lost the USDGC and the most I saw him do in anger was clap his hands. At the playoff when he knew he had lost he was all smiles and congratulating Will. That's a professional of the sport and a good person for kids and sponsors to look at. Dave should take note there and not worry about the filming at this point. Bleeping out curse words is silly anyway. You still know they're swearing. A sponsor isn't going to differentiate if a guy is bleeping out his coverage or not. If they care about that then it'll be an issue regardless.

I'm curious what he means by manager of Lat64. I know he runs the sponsored team and does some stuff to help with promoting and design but I never heard the term manager. If that's true he could probably use a PR assistant that runs his social media. He kind of just lashes out a lot then retracts. I like that he's passionate but often times he's misguided in his efforts.

Its on the top players to project the image that the PDGA is striving for. There's alot more to being a professional than playing Open. Dave brought up an interesting subject but chose the wrong target

I agree

Who gives a **** what ABC and CBS do, they're brainwashing society with their pseudo reality. I know you've probably grown up brainwashed by the fancy color box as well so you haven't figured out how that **** is ruining society yet. You're also assuming most people give a **** about disc golf becoming some giant corporate monstrosity that brings in tons of ad revenue so top pros can make more money. Most disc golfers could care less about that ****; including me.

I play disc golf because I love it and I love hanging out on the course with people and just shooting the ****. Most of the **** that gets said in a casual round would be edited out of a CBS broadcast so **** that **** and **** anyone trying to make disc golf some fancy little package for corporate america to consume. You're a sheep.

I like how intelligent and mature you work at trying to get your point across.
Really like, how old are you?
You start off making some attempt at making a point but continue on to fail.

Before I ever saw this thread, I listened to what Dave said several times. I thought that he was calling himself "amateurish" for having missed the putt. Did he ever speak out on what he actually said? Just wondering..
If you are talking about the rant on hole 12 the "amateurish" comment I believe was directed at the course staff. Feldberg helped design that course and he was upset that the bushy vegetation that was in his way caused him to miss his putt. he can be heard saying "why would you leave it?" which is him asking why the course maintenance crew would not cut that vegetation on the green. I believe it is thought that he was calling the course maintenance staff amateurs for not trimming the professional hole he designed properly, or up to his standards.

If you are talking about the rant on hole 12 the "amateurish" comment I believe was directed at the course staff. Feldberg helped design that course and he was upset that the bushy vegetation that was in his way caused him to miss his putt. he can be heard saying "why would you leave it?" which is him asking why the course maintenance crew would not cut that vegetation on the green. I believe it is thought that he was calling the course maintenance staff amateurs for not trimming the professional hole he designed properly, or up to his standards.

This makes me dislike him more. Its like an out of touch celebrity mad that their Limo isnt on time... or that Obama quote of him making fun of how there is never traffic jams for him totally not getting how terrible he makes life for people the day his motorcade is scheduled to pass through.

I wonder how much tourney money Feldberg has won from local pros/players that spent weeks up to the event cutting, marking, and graveling? They are sacrifice rest and practice time so he can have a "good." event...? Then as he drives away with gas paid for with their entry fee, he (and others like him) rip your club, course, and local scene for not being up to his standards.

Latest posts