• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally, Minnesota

I'd be happy to show you around while you're here. I play Lakewood, BRP, and Kaposia the most but I'd be down to play CP and/or Oakwood too.

Nice, thanks for the info! :hfive:

I'll be sure to hit you up when I head up there too. :cool:

You want quantity? Do this route for 390 holes in 122 miles.

Also, you should do Fort Snelling (or Wirth Par 3) so you can see what a disc golf course on a golf course that is NOT Fly18 can be.

Attachments

• Route.jpg
    Route.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 34
Forgot about those, both have some nice shots and weren't too crowded on weekend afternoons when I played them.

You want quantity? Do this route for 390 holes in 122 miles.

Also, you should do Fort Snelling (or Wirth Par 3) so you can see what a disc golf course on a golf course that is NOT Fly18 can be.

That's pretty close to the plan! I will probably be using this map to plan the days, thank you very much! I don't think I'll be doing all 31 courses... but it's possible. :)

That's a hell of a route but I'd caution you that following that will have you playing some filler courses and driving through some congested parts of the city. You may spend more time driving between a bunch of those courses than actually playing them, particularly if you're driving between ~7-9am and 4-6pm. I'd try to post up at a highly rated longer course during those hours.

It's a nice route from a purely tourist's perspective though. Pretty cool!

Yep, that route is pure holes-in-a-day efficiency. Many of the favorite courses are just off the path.

So, let's modify it to create the best Tour de Twin Cities. Something with up to 400 holes that will hit the exemplary courses.

I'd start by taking out Rosland (Edina) and adding Kenwood Trails.

Rosland is a pitch and putt. Kenwood Trails, once all the tees go in, will be a contender for the top course in the state. Maybe I'll be able to show you around some courses while you're up here!

Kenwood trails is a maybe either way; since it's further south. Is that your neck of the woods down there? I am always up for tossing with the DGCR brethern. :thmbup:

It was my neck of the woods at one point. When talk first started about a new course going in there I was only 3.5 miles from it, but it didn't get built till after I moved to Minneapolis last fall.

All right ya'll Minnesotans, I think I am getting my plans in order.

My current idea for Saturday is:

Kaposia
Garlough
The Valley
Oakwood
CP Adams
Hastings Middle School

Should be easily doable, and not much driving.

Any tips? Tricks? Do I need exact change for the P2P courses up there?

That's just Day One. ;)

Kaposia
Garlough
The Valley
Oakwood
CP Adams
Hastings Middle School

Should be easily doable, and not much driving.

Any tips? Tricks? Do I need exact change for the P2P courses up there?

Looks fine. Kaposia and the Valley share a $5 day pass, so don't pay twice. There's a little shop with some junk food and Powerade-type drinks at both courses, and they both have a cash register, so you don't need exact change. The shops don't open until ~10am. Since there's no envelope/drop box type system set up you can just start playing if the shop is closed when you get there.

Printing out a map of those courses isn't a bad idea if you don't have a guide lined up. All the 18+ holers are a little tricky to navigate, but particularly Kaposia and CP.

Sweet, that's good news on the $$$ front, I will definitely be there before 10.

I don't see a map on here for Kaposia, any advice? I wonder if they have maps, but that might not be much help if I'm there before it opens.

Sweet, that's good news on the $$$ front, I will definitely be there before 10.

I don't see a map on here for Kaposia, any advice? I wonder if they have maps, but that might not be much help if I'm there before it opens.

Kaposia changes around so much the maps can't keep up. Just ask anyone on the first tee if you can play along.

There is a tournament at The Valley Saturday, tee off at 10 am. Might want to get done before that.

Kaposia changes around so much the maps can't keep up. Just ask anyone on the first tee if you can play along.

There is a tournament at The Valley Saturday, tee off at 10 am. Might want to get done before that.

Yikes, and yikes! Thanks for the info on both fronts!

YouCanDoIt.jpg

"heh heh heh"

:|

http://minnesotamajestic.org/Minnesota_Majestic/Courses.html

There's pdf maps for Kaposia and the Valley at the Majestic site above.

The Majestic layout at Kaposia (pictured in the map) is a little different than the regular setup. Hole 9, which plays along the road after 8, was omitted for the Majestic (so all the hole numbers are wrong on that map after hole 8) and Majestic #15 and #18 are combo holes. They're #16/17 and #20/21 respectively in the regular lay out.

It's a little doubtful you'll even see anyone at Kaposia, and even more doubtful they'll be playing at your pace, but have fun! It's a bad ass course but it can be tough to navigate and there are a handful of blind shots which can be tricky.

Latest posts