• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Interesting notes from that sortable, and looking beyond Diamond to us mere aspirants:
25 Diamond, 71 Gold, 63 Silver, and 141 Bronze, totaling 300 Trusted Reviewers to date.
Four are listed as Female.
Of the 255 who've listed a possibly real age, the median is 34.

For gender you should count me as both, my wife has played every course on my list with me and is almost always the one taking notes while we drive to the next course and discuss the last one. :)

For gender you should count me as both, my wife has played every course on my list with me and is almost always the one taking notes while we drive to the next course and discuss the last one. :)
Even if you split their helpful votes, Matt and Ashleigh would still have 2500+ each!

I hope you two plan on getting to 1000 played before starting a family, 'cause kids have a way of monopolizing your time. That said, after the kids are older, it only adds to the fun. I really enjoy taking DG road trips with my son.

Last edited:
Today I made the decision to play a pair of courses that I have already played that were closer and at least one of which was much likely better than the new course options I was contemplating. The course bagger in me is disgusted, especially since new courses have been slow in coming thus far this year. But at least the competitor in me who has to face off with his brother in a few weeks is glad I picked the wooded monster course to practice at. Gotta train for our time at Harmon Hills, Charlotte, and IDGC! :clap:

I guess I'm confessing here in search of absolution. :D

Really, if we're going to be precise, Matt doesn't really do ANY part of his reviews. Ashleigh takes notes and Peanut the dog actually types up and posts the final result.

Matt's just along for the ride. :| :)

Really, if we're going to be precise, Matt doesn't really do ANY part of his reviews. Ashleigh takes notes and Peanut the dog actually types up and posts the final result.

Matt's just along for the ride. :| :)

I heard your Sandwiches(deserves to be capitalized) write your reviews just before you eat them. :eek:

Today I made the decision to play a pair of courses that I have already played that were closer and at least one of which was much likely better than the new course options I was contemplating. The course bagger in me is disgusted, especially since new courses have been slow in coming thus far this year. But at least the competitor in me who has to face off with his brother in a few weeks is glad I picked the wooded monster course to practice at. Gotta train for our time at Harmon Hills, Charlotte, and IDGC! :clap:

I too feel that guilt when I pass up a new course to replay another.

Thank you for accepting responsibility for your actions. I forgive you.

That is funny!

I did this on my 101 course 32 day roadtrip this winter . . . I replayed The Lodge which is one of my favorite visits ever because of the Taylor Family. I got to meet Avery, Arian, Leah, and got to play a round with Avery's parents . . . but it felt wrong because all my other roadtrips have been new courses.

I'm sitting up here in the NW waiting for more courses to be put in because I've played everything within 200 miles of me. :(

I too feel that guilt when I pass up a new course to replay another.

Thank you for accepting responsibility for your actions. I forgive you.

That is funny!

I did this on my 101 course 32 day roadtrip this winter . . . I replayed The Lodge which is one of my favorite visits ever because of the Taylor Family. I got to meet Avery, Arian, Leah, and got to play a round with Avery's parents . . . but it felt wrong because all my other roadtrips have been new courses.

Thanks for the empathy! :p

I've done this a few times now. As much as I like adding to my courses played list and doing reviews, etc, there are times where I just want to play a darn good course again.

I'm sitting up here in the NW waiting for more courses to be put in because I've played everything within 200 miles of me. :(

I'm not anywhere near this yet, but the majority of courses within that radius from me look to be slightly above average at best. Sometimes it's hard to sign up for 5-6 hours of driving to play a few 3.0-ish courses when a better experience can be had more conveniently.

There's time yet to bag 'em all...

Heck, I've played everything within 40 miles and have a hard time driving to new courses.

More specifically, my wife has a hard time with me spending the time to go to new courses. She just doesn't get it.

Arcane stat: Of the current Diamonds who had the lowest number of No votes :)thmbdown:) on the day that they achieved Diamond? I know it wasn't me. To me the HTN (Helpful to Not) ratio is the most important measure of quality.

I'm watching a particular Gold reviewer who will get this award as soon as #200 unique steps up. He's already over 1000 votes, but I don't want to name him just to keep any ornery people from randomly giving him No votes.

Arcane stat:Which Diamond reviewer had the highest number of courses reviewed on the day that they achieved Diamond?

I haven't looked at the current diamonds, but I bet that mndiscg will earn this honor when he finally gets his diamond. The dude has driven thousands of miles playing every obscure course in SD, ND, MN, Iowa and surrounding areas. Since the courses are so out of the way in rural areas he doesn't get many votes for his efforts, but I really appreciate his reviews and his intrepid course bagging!

I'm curious if anyone knows how many Diamonds are in each state? I know in Washington we have The Valkyrie Kid, JR Stengele, myself and of course Cefire (I miss you) was living in WA until he defected to California... cough cough communist. :D

Haha, the defection was against my will!!

P.S. - you haven't played everything within 200 miles, have you? Get yer passport ready... ;)

Arcane stat: Of the current Diamonds who had the lowest number of No votes :)thmbdown:) on the day that they achieved Diamond? I know it wasn't me. To me the HTN (Helpful to Not) ratio is the most important measure of quality.

I'm watching a particular Gold reviewer who will get this award as soon as #200 unique steps up. He's already over 1000 votes, but I don't want to name him just to keep any ornery people from randomly giving him No votes.

I'd have to disagree *a bit* on the HTN ratio - it seems many reviews are crafted to receive the most :thmbup:, sometimes this comes at the cost of accuracy. Not to suggest that a high negative ratio is necessarily a good thing, but I certainly don't want a homogeneously positive HTN :D

I'd have to disagree *a bit* on the HTN ratio - it seems many reviews are crafted to receive the most :thmbup:, sometimes this comes at the cost of accuracy. Not to suggest that a high negative ratio is necessarily a good thing, but I certainly don't want a homogeneously positive HTN :D

not even as much as purposefully avoiding. for well-written reviews, down vote are typically a result of voting a number rating below average.

so i wouldn't really consider the ratio or a lack of down votes indicative of anything

Yeah, agreed, this gets at the point I was trying to make. The ratio doesn't provide much info about the quality of the reviews - there are many extraneous (as well as relevant) reasons for getting down votes.

Arcane stat:Which Diamond reviewer had the highest number of courses reviewed on the day that they achieved Diamond?

I haven't looked at the current diamonds, but I bet that mndiscg will earn this honor when he finally gets his diamond. The dude has driven thousands of miles playing every obscure course in SD, ND, MN, Iowa and surrounding areas. Since the courses are so out of the way in rural areas he doesn't get many votes for his efforts, but I really appreciate his reviews and his intrepid course bagging!

mndsiscg is so deserving of Diamond! I think I was just able to insure the 1000'th :thmbup:...so now we'll see if there were 200 uniques yet...

I am (hopefully) less than 200 :thmbup: away...
I have driven thousands of miles in michigan and the surrounding states. trust me, Michigan is NOT a small state.