• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

I am shocked that someone noticed!

What? Really?!? With this crazy group of number nerds?

I'd been keeping an eye on your thumbs too ... when I wrote a few reviews in April, I closed the gap briefly, and thought for a minute I could beat you to 1,000 thumbs, but hahaha, no way! I'm no match for your review-cranking machine. :)

What's a guy got to do to get Diamond badge? As Wellsbranch pointed out, I have 1446 thumbs up. However I have 376 courses reviewed and I think Wellsbranch and Dreadlock86 has thumbs up every one of them.

Because I mostly play Texas courses, and I like to review courses no one else has reviewed first, I don't always review the most looked at courses.

I always wondered why my review of a Houston course had so much response, then I noticed It was linked in this forum for my review of that horrible course.

I did finally add my 75th course to the database and got that diamond level badge.

Oh, and if you want to see something crazy, I have all my DG trips logged from the last 5 years. I only logged my "Disc Golf Days" where I take off and play new courses all day. I do have a couple of trips logged on there too.

You need thumbs from 250 unique users. I don't know if there is a way to even know how many you have unless you physically count them from all your reviews. Staying in one part of the country does tend to limit that number. Reviewing very popular courses just within and outside your main area may be a way to go...

Good luck!

if you don't have the patience to count the names on your reviews, you could send timg a message and ask how close you are on unique voters. he can see it on his end and maybe might have a moment to take a look.

moderators don't have access to that, do they?

#1121 Report Post
Unread Yesterday, 07:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 491
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,555 Times in 459 Posts
Kind of surprising that Valk hasn't reviewed one course in 2021 yet. I have a feeling he's planning an epic 100 course road trip over the summer

Pretty Sad, isn't it? Been stuck at home and haven't gone anywhere. I've played almost every course in hundreds of miles but I am planning on getting down to Oregon and knock off a couple new courses.

I know how that goes, I am running out of courses to play too. Going to knock out several Oklahoma courses tomorrow.

What's a guy got to do to get Diamond badge? As Wellsbranch pointed out, I have 1446 thumbs up. However I have 376 courses reviewed and I think Wellsbranch and Dreadlock86 has thumbs up every one of them.

Because I mostly play Texas courses, and I like to review courses no one else has reviewed first, I don't always review the most looked at courses.

I always wondered why my review of a Houston course had so much response, then I noticed It was linked in this forum for my review of that horrible course.

I did finally add my 75th course to the database and got that diamond level badge.

Oh, and if you want to see something crazy, I have all my DG trips logged from the last 5 years. I only logged my "Disc Golf Days" where I take off and play new courses all day. I do have a couple of trips logged on there too.

You and Upshaw1979 have got to be the leaders in terms of worst votes per review average. I swear every time I stumble upon one of your reviews, it only has a couple positive votes on it. I've given your first positive vote at least twice on reviews that were at least a year old. Just looking now, you have at least 40 reviews with only a single vote. Cough, cough other voters. It's not hard to see which courses need votes.

Or, you can just bribe everyone with pizza. That works too!

if you don't have the patience to count the names on your reviews, you could send timg a message and ask how close you are on unique voters. he can see it on his end and maybe might have a moment to take a look.

moderators don't have access to that, do they?
Nope. :|

Damn, man. You were at my home course in January. If I would have known I'd have come out and you could have listened to me bitch a blue streak over those stupid yellow number signs they mounted on top of the baskets for a couple of hours.

You need thumbs from 250 unique users. I don't know if there is a way to even know how many you have unless you physically count them from all your reviews. Staying in one part of the country does tend to limit that number. Reviewing very popular courses just within and outside your main area may be a way to go...

Good luck!

I keep track of my unique voters because I early on that not knowing would bug me. It's interesting to see the regular folks from review to review, as well as the one offs and new unique votes when they come along. You need to pay for premium to see them, so anyone that doesn't have that will not be able to.

It's a little tedious at times, but fun if you like numbers.

Honestly, if I could see Pizza God's voters I'd go back and count the unique ones. I'd be interested in seeing the unique vote count for folks like him and Mr. Frosty to see how far off they are from 250 unique votes. It would also be interesting to see how many some of the higher vote receivers have like Wellsbranch, or better yet even Sir Valkyrie Kid since they not only have the most reviews but have been reviewing since 2008. I currently have 102 unique voters, and 28 of those were from early reviews in 2010 and 2011.

It would also be interesting to see how many some of the higher vote receivers have like Wellsbranch, or better yet even Sir Valkyrie Kid since they not only have the most reviews but have been reviewing since 2008. I currently have 102 unique voters, and 28 of those were from early reviews in 2010 and 2011.

it's difficult to keep track. if a review voter changes their username, it could look like a new unique vote has happened to the a site supporting reviewer. but in reality that revised unique username would update on all past thumbs and not be unique. one would have to have to go through all their reviews every so often to keep an accurate track of it. so to answer your question, i don't know. i would guess close to 400. Supreme Leader Sir Lord Valk ;) is probaly in the 600 range.

I'd like to know how many unique reviewers I've voted on. I bet I'm closing in on a thousand.

it's difficult to keep track. if a review voter changes their username, it could look like a new unique vote has happened to the a site supporting reviewer. but in reality that revised unique username would update on all past thumbs and not be unique. one would have to have to go through all their reviews every so often to keep an accurate track of it. so to answer your question, i don't know. i would guess close to 400. Supreme Leader Sir Lord Valk ;) is probaly in the 600 range.

I'd like to know how many unique reviewers I've voted on. I bet I'm closing in on a thousand.

I didn't even know until recently that you could change your username. That does add another layer if you want to keep track. I should probably double check my numbers now that you mention it.

I track mine too. I believe I'm at 209 unique voters.

Of course, I'm not quite to 1,000 thumbs, so I need to write a few more reviews.

However, I am leaving the Chattanooga area at the end of June and moving up to the Tri-Cities area in NE Tennessee for a new job (yay!), so that will be an opportunity for new courses, new reviews ... and hopefully, a few more unique voters. :)

However, I am leaving the Chattanooga area at the end of June and moving up to the Tri-Cities area in NE Tennessee for a new job (yay!), so that will be an opportunity for new courses, new reviews ... and hopefully, a few more unique voters. :)

That's really going the extra mile to reach a different pool of voters.