• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2017?

Showed a new local course to a friend. Temps below zero but actually its better that way when to used-to-be-mud is now like concrete. Scores not so much below zero :D

I got my first round of the new year in at a new 9 holes course in Crivitz, Wisconsin..... Nothing like adding a new course into the logs.

27 holes at Sycuan/Olive Grove in San Diego ca. I got my first ace of the year on the 3rd hole.

Played a New Year's Day round at Walnut Ridge in Johnston and a round today at Ewing Park in Des Moines. Pretty chilly days both, but nevertheless extremely nice for Iowa in January.

Well that's a bad omen. First round of the year, and it's the worst one I've ever thrown.

Played yahara hills in Madison yesterday. Reminds me how important concrete tees are in the winter. Played OK and made a decent amount of good putts, but the slick rubber tee pads didn't make for good driving conditions. No optional teeing from the side since the snow was crusted over after a bit of warm weather.

First round of 2017 was terrible. Played my "home" course since it drains well and there has been a couple days of rain. Well hit a tree with my first shot on the first 6 holes then into the pond on 7. Got better after that but how could have gotten any worse?

1-2-2017. I played 4 new to me 9 holers then an 18 holer and 1 more 9 to finish my day in northern Illinois. 6 new to me courses in winter is a good start to the year.

We had over 20 folks fight off hangovers and show up for our 10 AM tag round on New Years Day. I scored a personal best 70 on the very technical Crazy Eight in Lavalette, WV. I did manage to move up in tags and win $20 but it looks like I'll have to keep the day job until I can make a little more cash playing golf!

My "1st round of 2017" was a double header at Stony Creek; Buckhorn South (green course), followed by Buckhorn North (blue course).
Really nice the way two courses right next to each other play so differently.

I really need to review both of them, but already know I'd give the north course a 3.5, and the south course a 4.0.
Just a matter of capturing my thoughts on paper (so to speak).

Super cold and windy round at my home course -- Pier Park in North Portland. I'd forgotten how fun and frustrating it can be to throw in 25-30mph.

Played on New Year's Day. A little cold but no rain. Shot about average, +5. Great way to welcome in the new year!

I played 12 of 24 New Years Day before it got too dark at my home course - Reservoir Ridge in Galion, OH...
Brought a first timer along and she already wants to play again at a course near her home. #GrowingTheGame

Played with my crew in a big doubles match. Had 16 good friends, 24 holes, and a winning score of -21. Great time. Great Course. Great friends. Hope the rest of my 2017 goes the same way.

Played new years day with a buddy that hasn't played in about a year. We held our own at the doubles event just let the putting be our down fall.

''Twas a soggy and damp affair on the 2nd. I had two little girls with me armed with DX Polecats and Stingrays. My daughter and her friend who was a first time player.

They did their best to throw as far as possible into the rain, and watched the old man shred to a -10 on Oregon Parks silver layout. FH shots with the Justice and Harp paired with BHs with the Envy and Bard made it so that my putting, which was badly off this day was less of an issue and probably only cost me two strokes.

Made it out Jan 3. 25 degrees, and we only had to shovel a couple inches of powder off of the pads. 12" to 16" of snow total. Met at Brandy Lake, and I aced the 9th hole that I played this year!

Went out to Sandy Point Disc Golf Ranch, said happy New Years to Mike and Michelle, and purchased our 2017 season passes. I proceeded to opened my round with a Hambone! (four birdies in a row) My buddy knocked the snow off of the cage on hole 4 with his tee shot, too! Fun day, great day!

So I'm digging 2017 so far! :)

Here on coastal MS, it started raining torrentially at dark New Year's Eve and didn't stop till near dark on the 2nd [almost 8 in. in 2 days!]. Knowing it was coming, we played 2 rounds Sat. morning and played Jan 3rd at noon.

Got my first round in yesterday after nearly two months off, and bit ahead of injury schedule. I played a short easy putter only round back where the addiction all began at Calvert Park.