• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Not really funny or weird but, I was out with a friend playing night golf at 1am in Ogden UT, and heard a Shotgun go off in a trailer park just outside the park at 1 AM. Something tells me it was not target practice :\

Playing a course last year that is located at a well used local park, I noticed that a family had carried a picnic table to the nice level concrete pad in the middle of the hillside under the trees. I guess they did not want to sit at a slight angle to eat dinner.....................TO BAD IT WAS THE TEE PAD. I didn't say anything, just was not worth it. Besides, he looked like he could kick my a$$ and his kids were already pissing him off from what I could hear. Just had to laugh.

I saw something similar last year. A couple spread a blanket and set up a picnic in a fairway. As packed as the course was I was surprised that they had time to get set up before a disc buzzed over them.

Was told the following story just over lunch break. I'll tell it like he told me.

There is a hole over in Plymouth, MN that has a blind basket. The hill crest is just past the teepad and then it goes downhill to the basket, and then to the right there is a bunch of picnic tables. I just ripped my drive over the hill and then ran up to the top of the hill to watch where it was landing. My drive was in the middle of the fairway so I was fine, and I turned to my buddy and told him to go. When he let go, he released with a TON of griplock, shanking the disc way off to the right. Completely ignorant of the situation at hand was a lady sitting by herself at a picnic table. She was on the phone, and looked like she was waiting for someone with a giant bucket of KFC chicken. I screamed "look out!" and "Fore!" a couple times, but she never heard me. The disc goes flying in and just takes out the bucket of chicken. Fried chicken parts go everywhere and the bucket lands empty on the ground. Completely shocked the lady just sits there and stares blankly at what was supposed to be her lunch....

Seriously was crying laughing for about 5 minutes after reading this could be one of the funniest things I have ever read or heard. Would of paid money to see that. I wouldn't of been able to play the rest of the round. Would of been laughing too hard the rest of the round to play. Just would of stopped and called it a day. Man I'm going to laugh the rest of the day after that. Thanks for posting that.

Not really funny or weird but, I was out with a friend playing night golf at 1am in Ogden UT, and heard a Shotgun go off in a trailer park just outside the park at 1 AM. Something tells me it was not target practice :\

That reminds me of a tournament I played in last year. It was a huge B-teird tourney, and lots of cool things going on. This tournament they took the term "Shot Gun Start" to a whole new level. They blew a horn at the two minute warning, and then to start the tournament, they actually fired off a real shotgun. It was wild and caught everyone off guard.

Seriously was crying laughing for about 5 minutes after reading this could be one of the funniest things I have ever read or heard. Would of paid money to see that. I wouldn't of been able to play the rest of the round. Would of been laughing too hard the rest of the round to play. Just would of stopped and called it a day. Man I'm going to laugh the rest of the day after that. Thanks for posting that.

Being a KFC lover myself, I laughed till I fell out of my chair after I read that as well. The metal image that creates is priceless.

That reminds me of a tournament I played in last year. It was a huge B-teird tourney, and lots of cool things going on. This tournament they took the term "Shot Gun Start" to a whole new level. They blew a horn at the two minute warning, and then to start the tournament, they actually fired off a real shotgun. It was wild and caught everyone off guard.

Seems like a dumb thing to do. Did that piss anybody off?

Seems like a dumb thing to do. Did that piss anybody off?

I think they only fired "birdshot" into the air. I talked to someone in my group in that second round and they said they had some birdshot rain down on them.

Hole 4 at the Lewis University course is about a 350ft shot that plays right to left, and about 40ft to the left of the hole is the university's baseball field, specifically the visiting team's bullpen. A couple weeks ago I was playing with my buddy who still has not mastered his forehand... unfortunately for everybody involved, said buddy uncorked a drive into the visiting bullpen and hit the pitcher warming up. Even more hilarious, my buddy took his shot from inside the bullpen.

Hole 4 at the Lewis University course is about a 350ft shot that plays right to left, and about 40ft to the left of the hole is the university's baseball field, specifically the visiting team's bullpen. A couple weeks ago I was playing with my buddy who still has not mastered his forehand... unfortunately for everybody involved, said buddy uncorked a drive into the visiting bullpen and hit the pitcher warming up. Even more hilarious, my buddy took his shot from inside the bullpen.

At least it was the VISITING bullpen. they probably thought the Home team had paid him to do that.:hfive:

At Claystone Park last month, in a tournament, I took a shot at one of the baskets---I think number 13. Upon walking up, we couldn't find the disc. It turns out that the disc hit just right on its hyzer flight to go down a drainage tube 15'. It was a pretty "lucky" shot, much less likely than an ace.

At Claystone Park last month, in a tournament, I took a shot at one of the baskets---I think number 13. Upon walking up, we couldn't find the disc. It turns out that the disc hit just right on its hyzer flight to go down a drainage tube 15'. It was a pretty "lucky" shot, much less likely than an ace.

How long did it take to find it?

a tie between old men in thongs sunbathing on hole 9 at little lehigh parkway in allentown, pa. or your approach shot on hole 6 at the same course goes through the home "bushes" of earl the homeless man. If you have to retrieve your disc from his house "bush" you will most likely smell hot baking piss in the summer or hear his am radio that someone gave him. If he yells at you not to worry as far as i know he is non violent however he has admitted to being a racist.

I can say I saw this in person but I have played the course:

Hole02CakeCokeCockroachesCrayons.jpg

Hole08MyLittlePony.jpg

Scott Papa has a great sense of humor!

(Dalaiwood - Olalla, WA)

I too played Scott Papa's course, but sad to say I was not there when all of this stuff was in place. Someday Ill have to plan to play Howliewood. The course was beautiful!

Yeah, I meant to say I havnt seen it in person but Im thinking he must do this stuff for Halloween or something. Its truly a great course, weather or not there are cartoon characters in the fairway!

So about a week ago i'm at this "course" its 4 holes of open field (10 min from my house and good for practicing weird shots). Anyway, this kid is playing on the swings near the course and comes running over to me and asks if he can play. I give him one of my discs to just chuck around. He starts winging it around and ends up tossing it too far and it lands in this marsh area. His mom says "go get the nice man's disc." The kid who's about 4 ft. tall walks into the area and ends up sinking in the mudd up to his thighs and starts crying cause he couldn't get out. His mom goes in to rescue him and as she's pulling him out she falls over into the mudd. I had to do everything in my power to not crack up. I ended up going in and helping them both get out. It was too funny.

Sounds like freedom park in Medford, 5 minutes from my house

Well this wasn't to funny or anything but...The wind was 20-25mph, which is alot here. One of the guys in our league bombed one toward the parking lot, someone yelled FORE but the wind was moving the disc all over up and down, right at this lady who luckily managed to drop to the ground to dodge it. She got pretty scrape on her elbow, was lying on the ground for a while with people around her. She said she tried all she could that frisbee was following her haha.She was fine just shookin up