• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

I once saw a broken disc nailed to a tree. It made me wonder whether it was a warning to other disc golfers that somebody had to make an example of a disc to prove their point. I quickly tossed my putt and went to the next hole.

I once saw a broken disc nailed to a tree. It made me wonder whether it was a warning to other disc golfers that somebody had to make an example of a disc to prove their point. I quickly tossed my putt and went to the next hole.

Maybe it was a warning to his other discs, lol. I guess it didn't listen as he gave it its flight instructions :)

You guys ever seen the Lyre Bird? This will blow you away, and this is real. I saw a couple of shows about this damn bird, and what it can do is just amazeing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8REVxZgkOs&feature=related

cassinihuygens1971 said:
For crying out loud! Watch the authentic David Attenborough documentary! Yes, the Lyrebird has an amazing ability to mimic the sounds of human activity. But this is nothing more than a bands' music promo.

One of the highest thumb'd up comments on that video...

Probably a mockingbird, they'll divebomb yer azz in a heartbeart!

Wasn't even close, this one got up to some pretty insane speeds, so much so that they were trying to study if it was the tail that made the chirp or if the bird was doing it vocally. Even with some decent cameras they could only see it dash by in about 2 frames of video, maybe a few more frames if I remember correctly.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/080201-chirping-tail.html

Last edited:

That's some video clips that were in a much longer show about the bird on tv, was either discovery channel or nat geo, I can't remember which.

Wasn't even close, this one got up to some pretty insane speeds, so much so that they were trying to study if it was the tail that made the chirp or if the bird was doing it vocally. Even with some decent cameras they could only see it dash by in about 2 frames of video, maybe a few more frames if I remember correctly.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/080201-chirping-tail.html

Hey that's pretty interesting and thanks for the link and video! We don't have Anna hummingbirds where I live, so I've never seen this or even heard about it. Nature is indeed amazing!

omg tell me about it! Stray cats r going to take over this country! lol

This is some darn fine thread drift :D

I thought the Stray Cats weren't together after like 1985. I still sing Stray Cat Strut on karaoke though...

Maybe it was a warning to his other discs, lol. I guess it didn't listen as he gave it its flight instructions :)

turn....Turn....TURN!!!

I thought the Stray Cats weren't together after like 1985. I still sing Stray Cat Strut on karaoke though...

haha those guys had some of the first videos I remember seeing on MTV. Probably haven't watched a real music video on there in like 7-8 years!

Saw two things today:

1. We were getting ready to tee off on #5 at Terramont Park, which plays down a hill, and the basket is in the woods. Just as we got to the tee, and family goes into the opening in the woods, I hear them say, "OK, we are going to play hide and seek now. We decided to just skip to #6.

2. While, standing on #5s tee, we noticed a family on #2, and they appeared to all be throwing what looked like Frisbees that you get at the Dollar store. They seemed to be having fun, so I guess that is what matters. They threw these things, and it looked like they were throwing dinner plates.

I think I would have warned the hide and seekers that if they're very good at hiding they might not be seen by discgolfers who are normally very careful about throwing on people.

005-2.jpg

At Rum Village in South Bend, I saw three cars in a row drive from the picnic area across fairway #1 as I was standing on the teepad, ready to throw.

Definitely something I hadn't witnessed before. Wish I wasn't so stunned, would have snapped some pics.

i messed up,,this is a pic of hole 18 at French Creek. some lady came driving down the cource. when we stoped her she was yelling somthing in spanish.she finially back up and started to drive down the other run untill some other players stoped her again. so she backed up agian,turned agound and finialy left. the only cool thing was the girl in the passinger seat,, hott, young spanish chick, sad thing, i dont think the gril was even 16.

i messed up,,this is a pic of hole 18 at French Creek. some lady came driving down the cource. when we stoped her she was yelling somthing in spanish.she finially back up and started to drive down the other run untill some other players stoped her again. so she backed up agian,turned agound and finialy left. the only cool thing was the girl in the passinger seat,, hott, young spanish chick, sad thing, i dont think the gril was even 16.

Damn. Did the think the paved road in the park ended or something?
icon_eek.gif

i dont know how she got over the curb out by the pool,i mean ya,,in my truck, but this was a low profile car,she had to drive threw the picknic area and the pool walk way just to get to the cource. did i mention that the passenger was HOTT.

i dont know how she got over the curb out by the pool,i mean ya,,in my truck, but this was a low profile car,she had to drive threw the picknic area and the pool walk way just to get to the cource. did i mention that the passenger was HOTT.

Yea, but didn't you say she was under 16?
icon_eek.gif

A group of my friends and I were playing Como Lake Park in Buffalo, NY yesterday and we got to hole 5and what do we see when we get to our drives about 100 ft from the basket? 2 labs, one chocolate, one white, humping like crazy - The owner of the chocolate, a 70 yr old lady, told us that he (the dog) hadn't seen her (the white lab) in 3 years as the chocolate and white lab ran into the woods to hump some more. I laughed so hard I shanked my upshot into the road on the right.

This weekend at a tournament, a guy shanked a drive way off line and ended up on the other side of the creek. It wasn't ob on the other side, so he went to find it and throw from there. The closest bridge was a pretty good walk, so he decided he would just jump in and step across, it didn't look that deep to him. He landed right in the middle of the creek, went up to his knees in muck, and almost up to his waist in nasty water. As he went to scramble out the other side, he stopped with a panicked look on his face, then turned around and started searching the muck around his feet. Turns out the mud sucked off one of his shoes, he played a good chunk of that round with only one shoe until we looped back to the parking lot and he was able to get a spare out of the car.

At Tuscawilla in Daytona Beach, I was having trouble finding my way around, even after the hurricanes had forced the course to be cleared out. A couple of the local homeless who hang around the park regularly saw my trouble and pointed me to the next tee. One even suggested a couple different ways to approach the basket with my tee shot.

Homeless: More helpful than tee signs.

Latest posts