• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Never had the original but still have the Color with lighted magnifier screen and rumble controller add on.

Twice now I have found spent shotgun shells on the course.

Hah. Nice. I was rocking one of these up until I was probably 15, friends had the new slims and colors, but my gameboy could be used for a weapon if I ever got into a fight!

Yeah looks like an old gameboy. One of the first versions they came out with.
Gameboy-Size.jpg

I could tell it was a gameboy because of the screen and the volume control on the side. This was the best form of portable entertainment back in the day! You were in like flint if you had one of these puppies! So the question is are you going to restore it!?!?!?! LOL! ~sarcasm~:D

Still break mine out and play it every once in a while...just to keep my thumbs ready for the original gameboy DK tourney that might happen...somewhere...someday...

Strangest Things You Have Seen On The Course

Lets hear some more stories from the course. I couldn't reply to the old thread, so here is the part 2:

I was playing the new Texas Army Trail course in Houston, TX, and we were on the 11th tee, waiting for some others to finish the hole, before we teed off.

I just happen to look up a tree, and noticed this motorcycle helmet about 10ft off the ground. I have no idea how it got up there, but it looked like its been there for a while

helmetonpole.jpg

Bad midnight bad. 8,000 post and you don't know to just check the box to post in an old thread?

:D

I hit a 30 or 40' shot for birdie at Schenley Park in Pittsubrgh, only to see a used condom five feet from the basket when I walk up to retrieve my disc...I felt unclean for weeks.

On July 5th of this year I played the local. As I approached my drive from the blind tee position I noticed that my disc had tombstoned a pineapple. Sorry, no pic, so maybe it didn't happen.

At Dolese Youth Park in Oklahoma City about 3 months ago, we had a 6'4"ish, very masculine black tranny prostitute follow us around for 5 holes saying, "Ummm, that looks TASTY. You boys need anything? That look TASTY." :gross: I'm not sure how many times you have to inform someone that you're entirely uninterested, but we just ended up ignoring the bloke. After 2.5 holes of being completely ignored, the thing got the hint and decided to go bother someone else.

That was, by far, the strangest occurrence I've ever been involved in on a disc course....

Now, shots that look like they're on a really nice flight path are commonly referred to as "Tasty," amongst my discing group.

At my local course there's a long, skinny open section of field that comprises two seperte fairways, running in opposite directions. Its got telephone line and about three poles running down the middle of the field splitting the two fairways and it serves as a mando on both holes. Last summer, over the course of about two weeks about 6 discs got caught in the wires, wedged in between. It was bizarre. It started with one one day, the next day there were three. That weekend it was five and then one more the next day. They all stayed up for like a week and then they were all gone at the same time over night. It was nuts! Someone got a nice little gift of 6 free discs.

At Dolese Youth Park in Oklahoma City about 3 months ago, we had a 6'4"ish, very masculine black tranny prostitute follow us around for 5 holes saying, "Ummm, that looks TASTY. You boys need anything? That look TASTY." :gross: I'm not sure how many times you have to inform someone that you're entirely uninterested, but we just ended up ignoring the bloke. After 2.5 holes of being completely ignored, the thing got the hint and decided to go bother someone else.

That was, by far, the strangest occurrence I've ever been involved in on a disc course....

Now, shots that look like they're on a really nice flight path are commonly referred to as "Tasty," amongst my discing group.

Now that is strange...:gross:

At my local course there's a long, skinny open section of field that comprises two seperte fairways, running in opposite directions. Its got telephone line and about three poles running down the middle of the field splitting the two fairways and it serves as a mando on both holes. Last summer, over the course of about two weeks about 6 discs got caught in the wires, wedged in between. It was bizarre. It started with one one day, the next day there were three. That weekend it was five and then one more the next day. They all stayed up for like a week and then they were all gone at the same time over night. It was nuts! Someone got a nice little gift of 6 free discs.

Aliens, man, aliens...