• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

The one underrated thing about that awesome run of clear gummy hpp from 5+ years ago is that they didnt mold up like your regular bulky premium wiz. The opto pure had to undergo a slight mold tweak, I think a similar tweak to the wizard wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

The latest run of Platinum Evo (namely the pink and blues) are solid.

Nicely OS and pretty good hand feel

I still can't bag one though just because baseline are easy to find, cheap and fly so beautifully

Stiff Fossil Wizards - the stiffest ones on the racks were pulled for this stamping... and what a stamping it is! The twice-stamped RDG X-Ray design... only seen on some RDG molds a few years back, it has been resurrected for this great run!

These are being sold as 2-packs and all will be shipped in cardboard mailing boxes to ensure no warping or damage from softer bubble mailers!

http://www.factiondg.com/store/p448/Fossil_Wizards_-_RDG_X-RAY_STAMP_(2_Pack).html

Attachments

• 17671129_10154566697019117_618381445_n.jpg
    17671129_10154566697019117_618381445_n.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 21
Stiff Fossil Wizards - the stiffest ones on the racks were pulled for this stamping... and what a stamping it is! The twice-stamped RDG X-Ray design... only seen on some RDG molds a few years back, it has been resurrected for this great run!

These are being sold as 2-packs and all will be shipped in cardboard mailing boxes to ensure no warping or damage from softer bubble mailers!

http://www.factiondg.com/store/p448/Fossil_Wizards_-_RDG_X-RAY_STAMP_(2_Pack).html

I am not sure, but I think I've seen this before..................:thmbup:

How does fossil compare to pwp?

Just speculation, but I think PWP was inspired by RDG/Fossil. They same like awful similar plastics.

This latest run of PWP Wizards are no joke. I just got in a few from the black Friday sale, and instantly ordered more. I have been putting exclusively with Fossil Fuel Wizards for about a year now. They might even be a tick firmer then FF with great grip. Super flat but with a slight shoulder. The Fossil Fuels are pretty freaking flat with very slight or no shoulder. The new PWP are flat just has a slight shoulder. Either way this latest run feels great and is the first run I have bought a stack of since fossil or fossil fuel.

Yes the latest run turned out the way we wanted them. Stiff/firm, flat, grippy, low shouldered. That's why we removed the second P from PWP so they are now Pure White Wizards :)

Hopefully this helps. Allen works for Gateway, so he is as/more familiar with the blends as almost anyone on the forums, I would think. Of course being paid by them, he may downplay the often maligned aspects of Gateway, but at worst you might say he is being defensive of a company he supports. In reality, he seems reasonable and acknowledges that the company has some issues and is trying to fix them. I just wanted to mention that, but like I said, he seems to be a straight shooter even while doing his job of marketing the products on here.

Last edited:
How does fossil compare to pwp?

So long story short, PWP/PW and Fossil should be extremely similar.

I only have some Fossils (so can't say with 1st hand experience about the PWP), but that is what all of the info I have read seems to indicate. Here is a quote from another expert on the subject
I've owned many Wizards in my life.
I recently started bagging a new blend that I truly believe is the best I've ever felt for tee work.

The PWP, or "Pure White Proto" Wizards are very similar to the Fossil run that I had produced. They're stiff, flat as can be and are quite OS for a Wiz.

Fresh off the shelf I was able to throw some distance smashes in the 315-330 range that were just eye popping.

The best part however is the plastic. It's a near dead ringer for 10x KC. If the PWP plastic was available in Rocs, folks would be paying $50 a pop for them. It's THAT good.
Seriously, Wizard fiends owe it to themselves to try these out.

I find the most recent pwp to be a little more stiff and slick compared to the run of fossil from a month or so ago.

I really like the feel. Maybe it will be too soft in August but it's great now.

Agreed.
Im getting over my board stiff requirement and am loving the last fossil batch.

Quite rigid in the rim but I can dig my thumb in a little into the plate.

Agreed.
Im getting over my board stiff requirement and am loving the last fossil batch.

Quite rigid in the rim but I can dig my thumb in a little into the plate.

Yeah once putters get too stiff, they chip and break easy, have a G9i Wizard and even with little play the wear shows quick. Good to have some kind of give to them, have seen some firmer/chalky Shamans with that lunar look, seems like that would be nice for some firm in the circle putters.