• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree about the size. That was the first thing I noticed when I got mine, It was a lot smaller than I thought.

STRIVE.. thanks for posting the pics on here..like I said I haven't messed with figuring out how to do it on here at all.. its just easy for FB since I take the pics with my phone and can just send em right to FB.

and yeah the Sim is not as big as it looks in pictures if you put it on its side its pretty much the same size as the Kong.. when I designed it my intentions were never to make a bag that could carry an un godly amounts of discs, I made it with a minimalist mind set for players who tour and play a lot of tourney's and tried to eliminate the need to carry as many extra things that I've seen players carry along with them besides just there bag full of discs

I bought a second (third?) hand Sim proto from Booter and once I dialed in my quads i really love it. I can only imagine how much better the newer versions are with the added features. I can get my raincoat in the dead space below and my keys and wallet fit fine in what I'm assuming a camelbak bladder would fit in.

This is my third GB product and I don't think I would buy anything else.

and like his van, his simian is not really filled with candy.

free_candy_van.jpg

The only thing I wonder about the new simian is if those putter pockets are easy to reach while it's on your back(for the easy shots you shouldn't miss even with it on your back).

I hate you right now...I can't even drive that far with it off(though I've never actually measured), but then again I don't think I'd miss most tap in's from around 3ft with my bag on(silverback w/ quads).

The only thing I wonder about the new simian is if those putter pockets are easy to reach while it's on your back(for the easy shots you shouldn't miss even with it on your back).

its not gonna be any dif than the original design of the sim cause they still slide in from the same direction. even tho you cud undo the velcro on the old style.....hmmmmmm

I can be 3 feet from the basket an miss my tap in putt if my bag is on.

I do drive 400+ with it on though.

By the way for those somewhat close(probably bit more than 3ft) putts I always like to use my back leg as a counter weight to lean in(not sure if that's against pdga rules), helps to ensure that it's a gimme and not a facepalm.

Hey Chris,

Why couldn't you just sew on some flaps over the putter opening where the "stool" meets the "bag"? They could velcro flat inside the putter pocket when not in use and come out when it's raining... just a thought... you are the master designer.

Hey Chris,

Why couldn't you just sew on some flaps over the putter opening where the "stool" meets the "bag"? They could velcro flat inside the putter pocket when not in use and come out when it's raining... just a thought... you are the master designer.

I thought about that but I still didnt like the idea of it.

I used my Silverback in a tournament for the first time today and it worked great. Just the right size in every way. Great job on the bags.

I have come to the conclusion that i have one large gripe with my Kong: when i have my bag loaded for tourney play (or even empty for that matter), it doesn't hang flat against my back. I do use quad shocks, but even with the included shoulder strap it still hangs this way. After having it on my back today for 3 rounds, i now have two raw spots on my back from the corners of the dividers. I really wish the bag would lay flat against my back with all of that foam padding!!

I have come to the conclusion that i have one large gripe with my Kong: when i have my bag loaded for tourney play (or even empty for that matter), it doesn't hang flat against my back. I do use quad shocks, but even with the included shoulder strap it still hangs this way. After having it on my back today for 3 rounds, i now have two raw spots on my back from the corners of the dividers. I really wish the bag would lay flat against my back with all of that foam padding!!

quads are adjustable...

Mine sits flat on me, and I've never had problems with it laying flat at all. Then again I did adjust my quads for an optimum fit. Have you tried that?

Last edited: