• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gummiest, stickiest putter there is?

I've got a *10M Crossfire* that is super floppy. It was made by Quest AT.

It has a goofy bump on the bottom, but it works just perfect for me to put my finger on the edge of.

The Gateway SSS is way overstated. I bought a first run Voodoo in SSS was not as soft/flexible as the Omega SuperSoft.
Nothing, however beats a BlowFly.

The SSS isn't gummy but my friend's is so flexable compared to mine and he had to have just gotten it this summer. Also either it takes a bit for them to be like his or they may have started making them a bit different lately. When another friend of mine bought it it seemed more flexible than my SS Voodoo, but seemed harder than my other friend's SSS Voodoo.

Are there no fans of the Millennium Omega SuperSoft? The confidence I have with this thing in my hand is amazing. It's not super floppy but, it makes a nice transition disc if that is the way you want to go. I got a nice heavy 175 that will drop down straight out of the sky as flat as a pancake. Plus, it will hold a nice straight line. Great disc.

The Blowfly and other similar DGA putters are probably the floppiest you can get, but I would recommend against them for putting. They are excellent approach discs, but I can't count how many times my blowfly hit the sweet spot, dropped down into the basket and then BOUNCED OUT.

The Millenium Omega Supersoft is the gummiest putter that I've ever had in my hands, but it felt a little bit too soft for my liking.

Right now I'm throwing Discraft Esp FLX and I'm loving it. It's nice and gummy, but still feels solid enough.

Alright, the Geek in me is super excited because the most recent tech standards doc from the PDGA just came out. Now you are wondering why I say that. Well initial runs of discs are tested to see how much pressure it takes before a disc is bent out of shape. So, you could theoretically look as this document and find the gummiest putter out there. The following is a list of the top candidates and the amount of force it took. For more info go to this website: www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_91409.pdf

1. Summit (Vibram) 0.56
2. Piranha (Innova) 0.75
3. Bowfly II (DGA) 1.13
4. Omega (Millenium) 1.36
5. Pluto Putter (Whamo) 1.70
6. Woodchuck (Daredevil) 1.81

While the r-Pro Aviar is not on the list that is because the Aviar was tested in a different plastic. For comparison sake the number for the r-Pro Dart is 5.10.

I have one of those stupid... I mean great gumputt putters if anyone wants to trade for any craft. Not claiming it to be the gummiest but a beat cryztal challenger is stiff and gummy (prefer it over a flx or soft)

I jhad a juju by ching and held onto only because juju is my nickname. That putter sucked so bad... I could never get it to fly right.

my new r-pro aviar is reallllllyyyyy gummy and me likey.

That pluto is definitely not gummy or sticky...just crappy enough to be easily deformed apparently.

My SSS Wizard after a years' worth of use is so soft that i've permanently dented it with my thumb........ I'ts the closest thing to an Omega SS that i've found. I also have a couple floppy Aviar-X's but surface of those is a bit glossy compared to the pencil eraser-like feel of my Wizard.

19593_g.jpg

Gumbputt is crazy gummy -- you can fold that thing up and put it in your pocket. Nothing I've seen compares to it, but I don't recommend it for putting; it's so soft that it deforms as it comes out of your hand if you try to throw it for a drive...

With the Gateway stuff, internal to Gateway they have a 1-10 scale for the softness/gumminess of the plastic that gets run. Externally, they only sell it as SSS,SS,S,M -- if you contact Gateway directly, you can ask them for the softest, stickiest, gummiest putters they've got and they'll probably be able to hook you up. Unlike Innova/DC, Gateway runs much smaller batches of plastic and there is a lot more variation between runs and lots more different plastic blends in house, so you never know what they may have tried that is just ridiculously sticky.

For general-purpose, everyday simple ordering of gummy plastic, the SuperSoft Omega and Soft Magnets are both great all-around putters.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'll have to get my hands on some of the more common mentions and see which one I like best. Now if only there were more places that sold DG stuff in my town (at the moment, there is one place. With a small collection, and only Innova and Discraft).

"Rubber vomit" Vibram VP is by FAR the softest & gummiest out there. You can fold it in eights or roll a taquito with ease. Super Puppy & Blowfly would be the closest.

DGCenter has free shipping for orders over $12.. shouldnt be hard

Gummy Putters - Look for Gateway's Chalky Prototypes... even softer and gummier than their SSS. Their Evolution HPP is gummy, but it actually flies relatively stiff.... it just feels gummy in your hand.

"Rubber vomit" Vibram VP is by FAR the softest & gummiest out there. You can fold it in eights or roll a taquito with ease. Super Puppy & Blowfly would be the closest.

Ray--haven't seen one of those yet. do you know where to get one from?

Ray--haven't seen one of those yet. do you know where to get one from?
I stockpiled them once I decided to switch from 3x Aviars to them for my goto putter. I have 10, and, per S. Dodge, there are 11 or 12 extant. I have no idea who holds the others (maybe Dodge himself?).

I'll post pics tomorrow, but it would take a BLOCKBUSTER offer to pry one out of my greedy li'l backup box.

Not even close. All are sorta see-thru brown, and several have flecks of other colored rubber in them. The look and feel just like rubber vomit. My wife has compared the ones without the flecks to baby bottle nipple material & they seem nearly identical.