• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello

Wademade1

Newbie to the site, lots of great info here. Hope I can share some as well but will probably just be a sponge for starters.

Started playing the Brahan Springs course and UAH (1) in Huntsville AL in late 70's. Played for several years with my dad and then kinda let it go. In college I discovered the whole sport had changed with new discs and lots of new courses. Fell in love again with the sport.

Tried not to make it a contact sport, but between the trees and me actually hitting the ground, that is kind of what it became for me. Broke my left ankle in two places coming off a tee pad the wrong way. It's now fused with 7 inches of metal and screws, really messes with getting a good turn. Then just a year later I tore my MCL away from the bone on my right knee squatting under a bush to make a putt.

Took a few years to fully recover, but back out throwing at chains again. Had my first negative par (-4) round last week on a course in Heritage park in Cullman AL. Get to travel with the job and always looking for new courses to play.

Dang wade, you weren't kidding about the "contact sport" thing!

Welcome from GA!

And take it easy on yourself!

Latest posts