• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole Length Game

Can't believe I didn't notice this before.

You realize this is at an elementary school, right? Designed for children, perhaps? Not every course needs to be championship caliber. :\

And you have a 170' ace at a notorious putter course. What did you just say to the kettle?

Easy, killer.

I agree that not all courses need to be super long or challenging or championship/tourney caliber. I didn't mean to flame your alma mater or where your mom works or whatever, so I'm sorry if I offended you. I did notice that Dorr St. Elementary was in fact an elementary school, but I understand how you might have been confused. It stands to reason that it would be designed for kids, being that it's on school grounds, and that is really pretty cool. However, that doesn't make it an awesome course, or any less of a joke in my eyes.

I mean 'joke' in the least.. insulting.. way possible. I'd probably enjoy a round out there for practice (outside of school hours, of course), but I don't think we can argue with an average rating of 1.64 on this very website. Or the quote from the course description: "9 holes varying in length from 75 feet to 250 feet - with most hovering around the 100 foot mark".
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4274&mode=ci

And yes, I do have an ace. It was sweet. Brown / Mary-Beth Doyle (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3594&mode=ci) [only rated 2.54] might be a 'putter course', but there are 2 holes that are 300+, some left-to-right variation per hole, a decent mix of wooded and open holes and outpaces the venerable Dorr St. by approx. 3000 ft... slightly different 'caliber' courses IMO.

edit: Mary-Beth Doyle is kind of a joke, too. Just for clarification.

Last edited:
Let me help with an asterisk:

566 feet??
Hole 23 at Fort Steilacoom Park - Northwest in Lakewood, WA was the Hole of the Day on 4/20/11:
cdf3a206.jpg

...and someone mentioned "...at 566 feet..."

Since Fort Steilacoom's description currently has only 18 holes listed, I looked at the reviews, and saw a lot of folks talking about lots and lots of baskets (more than 18 out there). What do you all think? can we start looking for 567'? :eek:

...and, folks near this course, please look into updating the listing. :thmbup:

... and just in case, here's a different 566' hole

This one appears to be pretty well documented:
DR Disc Golf: Orrington, ME, Hole 3:

Tee:
82a2a129.jpg

Mid-Fairway:
c25c26e2.jpg

Basket:
4908f14a.jpg

Last edited:
Easy, killer.

I agree that not all courses need to be super long or challenging or championship/tourney caliber. I didn't mean to flame your alma mater or where your mom works or whatever, so I'm sorry if I offended you. I did notice that Dorr St. Elementary was in fact an elementary school, but I understand how you might have been confused. It stands to reason that it would be designed for kids, being that it's on school grounds, and that is really pretty cool. However, that doesn't make it an awesome course, or any less of a joke in my eyes.

I mean 'joke' in the least.. insulting.. way possible. I'd probably enjoy a round out there for practice (outside of school hours, of course), but I don't think we can argue with an average rating of 1.64 on this very website. Or the quote from the course description: "9 holes varying in length from 75 feet to 250 feet - with most hovering around the 100 foot mark".
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4274&mode=ci

And yes, I do have an ace. It was sweet. Brown / Mary-Beth Doyle (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3594&mode=ci) [only rated 2.54] might be a 'putter course', but there are 2 holes that are 300+, some left-to-right variation per hole, a decent mix of wooded and open holes and outpaces the venerable Dorr St. by approx. 3000 ft... slightly different 'caliber' courses IMO.

edit: Mary-Beth Doyle is kind of a joke, too. Just for clarification.

Why are short holes jokes? It is still a course, and if you were playin somebody there you would still have to equally compete to beat them. Me and you on a course like that...it wouldn't even be close. Then after the round i'd make a real joke! lol. ;):rolleyes:

Latest posts