• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole Length Game

720'
Hole #12 (pin position B), Little Lehigh Parkway, Allentown, PA
10527bfe.jpg

9dac7a2d.jpg

not quite 721? maybe?... help....

Can anyone find a verifiable 721' hole?

There's this beautiful hole (pictued here cause it's just so damn nice to look at) on RIP'd Big Hogan Dam: Valley Springs, CA. Hole info says 720, but this review mentions#17 being 721ft, as does this March 10, 2011 post from a different website.

Existing New Hogan Dam - West still contains the "Big Dam Hole" hole - but no hole info, pix or nuthin'.

Anyone know the scoop on this hole or have a legit 721 footer?

Tell me you could resist emptying your bag out on this one... :D
8f7dd5aa.jpg

11887eed.jpg

regardess of whether it's 720 or 721, I'm glad this hole's still in existence. :thmbup:

Last edited:
721 or 722

Well, it's a stretch, but the holes in Europe are measured in meters, 721 feet converts to 220 meters, and hole 9 at
Sloterpark in Amsterdam, Netherlands

is 220 meters.

The trouble is, 220 meters converts back to 722 feet, which is what shows on DGCR.

Besides, just look at all the cute bunnies!

7f4529df.jpg

Anyway, let's face it. When measuring holes of this length, no one can be accurate to within a foot. So, what we're really looking for is whether there is a hole (somewhat arbitrarily) listed as 721 on DGCR. Our only hope is the alternative pins, and I don't know how to search for those.

^^^You went the same route I was looking into (metric). Nice job. Because the pictures are great for both of the above holes, I vote they count. What do y'all think: very close with an inspiring picture? Mark one YES. :thmbup:

^ nice find, and that's our 7th country outside Canada and the U.S. Yes, the bunnies add a nice touch, probably help to entice kids into the game. I think that'll suffice for 721' Any protests??

Anyway, let's face it. When measuring holes of this length, no one can be accurate to within a foot. So, what we're really looking for is whether there is a hole (somewhat arbitrarily) listed as 721 on DGCR. Our only hope is the alternative pins, and I don't know how to search for those.

I was kind of thinking that myself. I mean, how accurately have these things been measured? :confused:

Anyway, I think most of the low hanging fruit's been picked off this tree, and we're gonna have to dig around for some of these long ones.

722' anyone?

that basket looks nice and beefy. what is it? anybody?

*also, adding big hogan dam to my wishilist. that looks amazing

The reviews for the Sloterpark course talk about homemade and custom-built.

724'

Now that we're done discussing baskets...

Friends of Punderson DGC: Newbury, OH
Hole 18 (blue):
Looks like a looong way to go while avoiding trees... I'd be doing my best lumberjack impression on this hole.:\
Interesting finishing hole - could really change results on a card at the end of a round.

bdb9d87c.jpg

a3684d0c.jpg

5617adea.jpg

2c8c935e.jpg

Last edited:
Did we get Wyoming represented, or did we miss the opportunity?
if so, can we double up 729'? :thmbup:

Prettey sure we've hit 47 states so far, and have yet to see holes posted for WY, AZ, and HI...
Anyone wanna take on the task of going to Hawaii and measuring some holes?
:popcorn:

A couple of possibilities down the road might be: ;) ;) :nod: :nod:
• 729' WY #1 Spring Creek DGC; Laramie, WY (pix=yes)
• 817' AZ: Hole 11, Marana Rock in AZ(pix=yes)

2nd's @ 729' anyone?

I even PM'd the guy from Wyoming - said he'd be watching. :|
Anyway...
Spring Creek DGC in: Laramie, WY
Hole 1: Not as interesting as Brall's entry, but if you can flat out bomb, this hole's for you. :thmbup:
e7c4d96a.jpg

Last edited: