• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Long for first ace...??

Been playing regularly since 2010, however no aces to date. I do know they will come to me eventually. Just gotta go out and keep chucking plastic. :clap:

Hit my first one 3 weeks after I first started playing. Shot up to 5 real quick now it seems impossible haha can't be to mad about 5 in a year of playing I guess.

13 years. On this hole. Fredrickson DGC. Super narrow fairway. 172 Stratus. I've had 2 more since, The 2nd with the same Stratus, and one other with a different Stratus. Longest one was #18 NAD Park, 226'. Chained out and hit metal many other times, but since I finally got that first one, I haven't really worried about the next one, lol. It's actually better to play for birdie. :thmbup:

Attachments

• 72e7a2a3.jpg
    72e7a2a3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 18
I just have one lonely ace that I hit about a year and a half in. Blendon Woods hole 14. Just 146', but it was a beautifully thrown anhyzer around a tree with a SSS Magic. I celebrated in front of my son and nephew as if it was a 500' ace. :)
Yea! Nice. I just played Blendon last week for the first time in a while. Definitely a good course to ace run. Had some near shots but didn't even hit metal.

I just scored my first ace a few days ago. It took me 10 years to get it. Evans Park hole 4 which is 210 feet.

Also, it was actually my second shot from the tee so it wasn't *really* an ace. Secondsies, I am calling it.

I've been playing 3 years now, and no aces to speak of. I've hit chains off the tee more times than I care to think about. However, I'm not really angry about it. I know it'll happen eventually. I still get a good kick out of a par on a 500+ ft. hole, and my birdies on 400+ ft. holes are like aces to me. You just gotta set your standards a little lower :D

my first ace came after 15 or more years of playing. i have played longer but only 15 years were playing regularly. most other years i just played a round or two so didn't really count them in the calculation. have 2 basket aces and 6 post aces. all came within a year of getting the first ace.

My first was after 4 or 5 years. I actually got it one round after throwing a practice round. What I do during a practice round is throw until I am satisfied with knowing the hole off the tee. It was wide open 265''. It actually went off a tree just to the left of the pin. My first and longest lol. Have got 3 since. One during practice (throwing 8 buzzes at 1 hole over and over). One on my second drive off the tee which I do all the time if its casual. I only have one during a round where I was keeping score, which is my latest from last November.

I think practice rounds are key, and McBeth said he throws practice rounds until he is satisfied with a shot. Only with McBeth chances are he is usually satisfied after a few throws, where with me I often come back and retee all my discs again, so I go slow as hell but its worth it for all the knowledge.

The 8 buzzes on one whole was on hole one of the private property I lived on in Vermont +3 other disc golfers at the house. I didnt have any midranges in my bag for about 5 years. Just putters and drivers. So I decided it was time to learn the midrange and why not with 8 buzzes on a 200ft hole :D.

It really depends on what courses you play. It's different for everyone & the more pitch & putt course you play the more aces your likely to get. It took me awhile to get my first ace, I started playing when I was a toddler & got my first ace when I was 10 on a very short hole (around 200ft). I have gotten more since then but I stopped counting after 5 aces. I actually no longer count it as an ace (only for me personally) unless the hole is 300ft+. My favorite hole in one I've ever had was a hole 15 at Tendick which was a 364ft backhand shot from the pro tee. It was a perfect hyzer shot with a Champ Orc. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1900&mode=hi

I have been playing regularly for around 3 years. I got my first ace about a year in, and got a new ace about every year since, being up to 3 now. So my new one should be due next summer if things follow accordingly. Of course, I should note they've all been under 200'.

I hit my first on Monday! A little over a year in the sport but I didn't really start playing until about march of this year. La Mirada back 18 hole 13, about 320ft

I got my first ace about a year and a half into playing on a course I have only played once and got my second one on my home course almost a year and a half after that.

Five years. Have had one every calendar year since. Still working on 2013. Came within inches today.

Today I hit the top of the basket[I've HIT baskets a LOT] on #6 at Ann Mo during doubles. It would've been my first basket ace[see Years Playing], and the pot was $870+. Sobsobsobsob.

Today I hit the top of the basket[I've HIT baskets a LOT] on #6 at Ann Mo during doubles. It would've been my first basket ace[see Years Playing], and the pot was $870+. Sobsobsobsob.

Wow.... I don't know quite what to say. That's a long time.

"Never give up", I guess. ;)

I got my first one a year after starting. It was short 230'. Hit the same hole a year later but in it's longer position 315' and hidden behind some big trees. Then I went 2 years without but have hit 2 in the last month, the latter being a 320' hole that is uphill into a headwind. That was the best one so far :clap:

Latest posts