• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to critique a tournament

He actually tells you how to do so simply and effectively:
1. Thank them.
2. Mention something that was done well.
3. Suggest an improvement.
4. Thank them again.

5. "Don't be a b!tch" ... sage wisdom to live by.

Last edited:
Good suggestions by Stokely. They obviously put a ton of work into the tournament. My only suggestion would be: in the final 9, don't let the guy waving the red and green flags be the star of the show. Let the players play because they work hard too.

He seems pretty cool to me... but I still can't get his herky-jerky follow through on that foot fault call out of my head. I know everyone's different, and lord knows my technique probably look more like "technot," but it just looked so darned awkward.

What the old blue haired doll said! No, wait, blue haired guy. Whatever.

He makes a good point and uses diplomacy.

Far cry from his tin foil cap, aliens are talking to me Mcbeth hunting car video.

Constructive criticism is always best, but that requires thought, many just prefer to b!tch.

That made me laugh. Scott is great and weird which is great. Also, quoting things as pro tips is funny, regardless of who says them.

I am glad someone finally said something like this. I got to witness one of those people who couldn't take responsibilities for their own actions and tried to blame the TD for it this past weekend. A big group of us pros had a good laugh about it after the complainer left. Good on Stokely for putting this video out there.

To all the TD's out there, thanks for spending time, money and effort to run events of all different kinds. You are what make the disc golf community feel like family. Without you we would wander aimlessly.

Scott is a bad-ass mother****er pro. This video is on point :)

Good suggestions by Stokely. They obviously put a ton of work into the tournament. My only suggestion would be: in the final 9, don't let the guy waving the red and green flags be the star of the show. Let the players play because they work hard too.

Ahem. I think you forgot Step 4.