• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I don't have a picture to upload, but I found a putter with a very worn tournament stamp. All that I can make out is an outline of texas. Anyways, I'm 100% its an innova disc and about 99% sure its an aviar. I have a couple other aviars in my bag and the disc looks and throws the same. The only difference is that this aviar is supper grippy and flimsy, so flimsy i can roll the thing up like a burrito. So my question is, what kind of plastic is this? As far as I knew, innova didn't produe any supper flimsy plastics

Sounds like an Omega Supersoft to me- aviar p&a mold with flimsy plastic.

The floppy Aviar was an early experiment by Innova. People would use them so their putts would go into the sides of the baskets since it folded so easy. They were never a big hit in the area I played.

It's DX plastic.

That must be it, thanks alot. I'm surprised they weren't a big hit, it's became my go to putter as long as its not too windy!

2013 European Open disc

I was looking for my disc yesterday on my local course and came across a disc. Name and number on the back, which I have called and texted several times with no response. The disc is black with a gold stamp from the 2013 European Open. Not sure what kind of disc it is, but I think it is Innova. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I am thinking Boss or Destroyer, but I don't throw Innova, so I am not sure.

Not sure what player pack discs came from this event.

Looks like an x if you have any teebirds just feel for the notch on the wing eagle x has the same notch while the l mold is a lot less concave with no notch.

I'm on my phone and the pic won't go large for me but I'm 95% it's an x mold.

Found this disc and have no idea what it is since I know 0 about prodigy stuff.

Assuming it's a Mid as that is what it feels like. And plastic wise I'd say it feels like closest to like Star plastic?

There's nothing on the back that distinguishes anything. No ink like Innova, just embossed "PRODIGYDISCS.COM MADE IN U.S.A."

Attachments

• 20150924_121155.jpg
    20150924_121155.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20150924_121140.jpg
    20150924_121140.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 101
Hi.

I won these discs at a tournament. The were in a "mystery Box" with misprints/blanks/event discs etc. Can anyone tell me what discs this is? One putter from discmania, and a driver (innova marked under) .

Kim

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 29
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 27
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi.

I won these discs at a tournament. The were in a "mystery Box" with misprints/blanks/event discs etc. Can anyone tell me what discs this is? One putter from discmania, and a driver (innova marked under) .

Kim

The driver is a Pro Vulcan based on the markings on the bottom. Innova lists the abbreviations they use here
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html

Can't tell on the putter without seeing the bottom or side profile. If there are no markings at all on the bottom other that weight, it is probably an Aviar even with the Discmania stamp.

Any help with this one? When I found it it looked like it had been lost on the Titanic. I cleaned off much of the brown staining and it looks like it once had something on the top but I can't make it out at all. The ink on the bottom appears to say PR or PK? Or maybe DR/DK. 170g. There is no Rancho/Marina tooling, Just "Innova Champion Discs, Inc www.innovadiscs.com"

I can add more images if needed, thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0457.jpg
    IMAG0457.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0458.jpg
    IMAG0458.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0465.jpg
    IMAG0465.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 28
I found this a PIAS, I found it interesting that its a official R.D.G.A Disc golf disc. It is a Discraft APX made for RDGA which I know is DGA. My question is according the this website http://discgolfwarehouse.com/Disc Evolution/evolution_of_disc_golf_discs.htm which hasn't been updated in a while shows the APX not coming out until 1999 and this disc is stamped 1995 any ideas?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134255843@N04/21833287459/

They used that basic stamp for several years with just the disc info changing from disc to disc. They probably reused the basic template with the '95 date in it for the APX.

As I recall the Elite Pro discs came out in '98 with the X2 and XL with the APX and MRX out the next year. The MRV, Xtra and Xtreme came out later and had a different looking stamp.

Hello,

I bought these two Innova Glow Cro's at the 2015 USDGC Pro Shop. They were on display at the counter. One of the guys working the counter gave a vague description of them. To the best of my recollection he said Innova had found them in the warehouse unstamped and put the modern Innova stamp on them. Said they were CE plastic, and they appear to be. Took the pics outside and when I returned into the house they glowed a very unusual green. Or at least, very green.

Any info, thoughts, or even speculation would greatly be appreciated. Oh, and I have emailed Innova West asking the same questions but have not received a reply yet. Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• cro1.jpg
    cro1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 43
  • cro2.jpg
    cro2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 54
  • cro3.jpg
    cro3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 44
CE Valk ID Help

Having trouble pinning down a Valk for a buddy. He actually had the dream we all have occur. He checked craigslist and responded to an ad. Paid $100 bucks for a box full of CE plastic. I'm trying to help him out even though I kind of hate him now. Anyways, Here are pictures,

IMG_1210_zps3j8jojno.jpg

IMG_1208_zpsndmmfybf.jpg

IMG_1209_zps7o6u6jrc.jpg

Thanks for the help,

Looks like a 4th or 5th run valk, probably 40-50 in that condition maybe more to a valk thrower. No ink?

Hello, I found this discraft disc awhile back and I have no idea what it is. It is roughly 173g and it is for sure some sort of distance driver. I would love to hear some guesses/theories/answers. Sorry I have no other information.

Team stamped force or nuke would be my guess. Need to see a profile pic..

Is this a thunderbird?

Any idea what this proto is?

1st one I couldn't tell you. Definitely looks like 7-9 speed, you might be right that it's Thunderbird. Is there a small notch in the rim?

2nd one is the Ace Race 2014 Discraft Heat.

Last edited: