• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Not sure what this is. I can see what appears to be 167 on the upper part of nipple and the only letter I can see is a L on the bottom. My first thought was a beast but the L has me confused.

I think the rim looks a little too wide to be an Eagle, though thats eyeballing it and still a solid guess.
That notch looks less pronounced in the upside down picture, so I'm not convinced its as much of a marker for I.D.
I'm sticking w Valk until I see some comparison profile pics! LOL.

kJudd, can you post any side by side profile pics with some of the other discs mentioned, or something close?
Also, maybe a shot of the "L" if you can get one, would help.

Go to somewhere with good lighting and look at the lettering on the bottom of the disc carefully. That pen often wears off, but you can still usually make it out if you inspect the disc carefully.

The only thing I can make out is L. Which discs back then would have L in the abbreviation. It looks super close to a firebird or an eagle. The edge of the disc is thicker than a valkyrie and teebird. Ive looked at it with sunlight, uv light, flashlights and lamps. Ill try and take better pictures when I get off work

I found out what it is marked. The L I thought I saw was actually a 7 that is part of the weight, which is 167. The letter underneath is F
So now we know it's a Firebird thats swirly green/blue with light pearly streaks.

(7/10 condition). Time frame of when this mold was produced, I'm assuming pre 11x climo which makes me think it's not the average champion plastic we all know. Should I put it in my bag and throw or look to sell it

Looks like it could be a pro line FB.
Not are on value but I'd guess around 30.
I'd just throw it.

I found out what it is marked. The L I thought I saw was actually a 7 that is part of the weight, which is 167. The letter underneath is F
So now we know it's a Firebird thats swirly green/blue with light pearly streaks.

(7/10 condition). Time frame of when this mold was produced, I'm assuming pre 11x climo which makes me think it's not the average champion plastic we all know. Should I put it in my bag and throw or look to sell it

Nice. Sometimes a very careful examination of old Innova discs can reveal what they really are. I've done the same thing numerous times, trying to decipher old, faded writing.

A uv light with a like colored towel under the disc and my phone. The phone camera was able to get past the glare the disc created. Impossible to see with naked eye

A uv light with a like colored towel under the disc and my phone. The phone camera was able to get past the glare the disc created. Impossible to see with naked eye

Interesting. I will have to try that in the future. But unfortunately, I would most want to use this trick when searching through used bins, and I don't see that being very practical.

What plastic would this be

It's super fingerprinty like a red champion firebird. Im in aww at the factory dye and that stamp!

Attachments

• _20170313_183837.JPG
    _20170313_183837.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5828.jpg
    IMG_5828.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 17
Also what is up with disc that have CAL instead of CA? What time frame would it be? I am curious because I just got 8 discs from a guy who bought them all from academy to start playing (a long ago). The JLS has no run number, feels like pro-line plastic and is also tooled CAL.

Attachments

• _20170313_183800.JPG
    _20170313_183800.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5833.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
what is this disc?

hi, so this innova disc i found has the abbreviation E-OS on it but i'm not sure what model it is. can anybody help me out with this?

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4033.JPG
    IMG_4033.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 33
Also what is up with disc that have CAL instead of CA? What time frame would it be? I am curious because I just got 8 discs from a guy who bought them all from academy to start playing (a long ago). The JLS has no run number, feels like pro-line plastic and is also tooled CAL.

I forget when the bottom mold changed from CAL to CA across the various Innova discs. Maybe 10 years ago?

Either way, that's just the Millenium base plastic which is actually Innova Pro plastic, so you're right about how it feels. The base plastic JLS don't hold any collector value as far as I know.