• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

lsd7OAB_d.jpg

Need some education on DGA plastics. This is a Steady that came in a fundraiser set for St. Jude. Closest comparison would be somewhere between Star and Gstar. Bottom is zippery, which I think means it was a new mold? Any help appreciated.

lsd7OAB_d.jpg

Need some education on DGA plastics. This is a Steady that came in a fundraiser set for St. Jude. Closest comparison would be somewhere between Star and Gstar. Bottom is zippery, which I think means it was a new mold? Any help appreciated.

Either Ti as others have said or since it is a DGA mold a Shimmer Proline/standard Proline as Proline is a DGA thing, Shimmer is made for special runs sometimes and it could be regular Proline made special for the mold, DGA does not make Proline for a limited or regular standard plastic run and sometimes ends up shimmery like Titanium.

Looking for any info on this stamp. I've been searching for a bit and can't find any info. Was it for a tourney or did Discraft do some Dead stamps back in the day? Disc is a Cyclone.

Looking for info on this b2 stealth by lighting, this one is not marked #2 flyer
No markings on the bottom
Has 3 rings in the rim
How old is this? From my research this could be a 1992???????
53a776cee502eec8f4319ce185859ed9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for info on this b2 stealth by lighting, this one is not marked #2 flyer
No markings on the bottom
Has 3 rings in the rim
How old is this? From my research this could be a 1992???????
53a776cee502eec8f4319ce185859ed9.jpg
Yeah, early 90's. They switched to the number stamps in '95.

Thanks so much for that info, that's what I was wondering. Any knowledge on how much they go for?

Looking for any info on this stamp. I've been searching for a bit and can't find any info. Was it for a tourney or did Discraft do some Dead stamps back in the day? Disc is a Cyclone.

That's a flying eye stamp. I used to know the company that did the flying eye stuff, but it's lost to the recesses of my failing memory. Climo was sponsored by them back in the day and their stuff was around a lot in the 90's. Anyway, it's just a custom stamp.

Edit: Nick Sartori was the guy, Flying Eye was a Clearwater, FL. disc golf retailer that did a bunch of custom stamps and was pretty well known back in the small pond days of 1990's disc golf.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for that info, that's what I was wondering. Any knowledge on how much they go for?

Next to nothing. :|

I have a bunch of Lightning Airplane stamps; the hold almost no value to disc golfers at all. I sold a bunch of them to a WWII airplane aficionado years ago for good money, but otherwise they are basically worth what I bought them for 30 years ago.

Next to nothing. :|

I have a bunch of Lightning Airplane stamps; the hold almost no value to disc golfers at all. I sold a bunch of them to a WWII airplane aficionado years ago for good money, but otherwise they are basically worth what I bought them for 30 years ago.

Great info, this might encourage me to get a few more. I really like the stamps but the old plastic is fun to feel as well.
If you have any for sale or trade please let me know. [email protected]

Also 3 putt I have another question where is the best community for old disc collectors?
I have seen marvins collection and a few other websites but can't find a group with a forum.

6b4744bf4f8c22d68f6e689176b970c3.jpg

Just a few that I would like to share with others

Also 3 putt I have another question where is the best community for old disc collectors?
I have seen marvins collection and a few other websites but can't find a group with a forum.
Old disc collectors always have cooler stuff than me, which makes me sad and jealous. I avoid them so I can pretend to be a better person. :|

Old disc collectors always have cooler stuff than me, which makes me sad and jealous. I avoid them so I can pretend to be a better person. :|

Lol you are a great person do you know how I know this? It's because you don't have any grooves in your collection [emoji1787]

That's a flying eye stamp. I used to know the company that did the flying eye stuff, but it's lost to the recesses of my failing memory. Climo was sponsored by them back in the day and their stuff was around a lot in the 90's. Anyway, it's just a custom stamp.

Edit: Nick Sartori was the guy, Flying Eye was a Clearwater, FL. disc golf retailer that did a bunch of custom stamps and was pretty well known back in the small pond days of 1990's disc golf.

Thanks!

Latest posts