• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could have any course 5 mins away

War Eagle

Banned
I would chose the Rock Hill courses. I live 45 mins which is not too bad. But, I have to take off work early or go on saturday or sunday to be able to play it.

Fort Stelicom/Oakridge/East Metro/both Circle R courses. Those are ones Ive played. Theres a bunch I havent

Base Camp Adventure Lodge DGC (18 miles outside Moab, UT).... playing out there feels like ur playing on another planet... not to mention it's an 18 mile 4x4 road down through canyons and such just to get to the course..... the drive can take upwards of 2 hours each way if u decide to take it slow & enjoy the scenery.

Here's a link if anyone is interested: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2774&mode=ci

Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock , TX . I love the park and they now have two courses in one park. One cool course, and one very hard course. I live 60 miles away. I love the town, and I even found a house once near by, but I can't see driving 60 miles to work one way, then hoping in my work truck and driving the 315 miles I drive every-night. That would mean I would be driving a total of 435 miles a day, 5 days a week. Plus the wear and tear on my car.

Its my favorite course in the area, but I only play it about every 3 months. I guess that makes it all the more special when I go down there. I am going for Memorial Day for sure.

I am not going to be picky. Alexander Park is less than 3 miles from my work and probably about 6 from home and right across the street from the Y where my daughter is doing summer camp.

It is not open yet but even if the course is a 2.5 star jobber (it should be in the high 3s from the looks of it) you cannot cry about the accessibility!!

alexander2.jpg

Idlewild so I can see what all the fuss is about, maybe Richmond Hill.

I would be happy with ANY course 5 minutes away since I don't have anything closer than 35 minutes and thats just 9 holes.

I would be happy with ANY course 5 minutes away since I don't have anything closer than 35 minutes and thats just 9 holes.

Ditto.

I wish I could have Maple Hill, Flip City, DeLaVega, or Idlewild closer so I could be a braggart and figure out what all the hubbub is about.

I would settle for Harry Myers, Lester Lorch, or Jack Brooks park next to my house though.

This is kind of like someone giving me a million dollars versus if someone gave me 100,000 - I'd take either since it's still money! :)

Just going by the photos, I'd go for Whister's Bend and the Umpqua River.
Of courses played, the combo of Wellsprings and Cedar Rock (36 holes) in the same park gets my vote. Quantity and quality.

I agree with you, I live 20+ miles from the closest course. While I have many in the area, none are 5 miles away and with my schedule, that keeps me from playing more than I do.

Latest posts