• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public service announcement-

We have another gem in the works in my area....

Also, Silver Lake Country Club in Orland Park is interested in disc golf. They have two 18 hole golf courses and 1 9 hole golf course.

That's great news!!! Are they considering a P2P set-up?

are there any leagues run Fridays or Mondays anywhere?

So I got screwed out of getting vacation pay and my company said to take the time off.
I have 10 vacation days in december to burn and was planning on just taking fridays and mondays off for the rest of the year to have a nice 4 day weekend every week.
Anyone got any days off they'd wanna show me a new course?

I'd really like to get out to some of the sick northern WI courses and finally get out to rogers lake in IN. What are the must see courses in WI or any good suggestions for this time of the year?

So I got screwed out of getting vacation pay and my company said to take the time off.
I have 10 vacation days in december to burn and was planning on just taking fridays and mondays off for the rest of the year to have a nice 4 day weekend every week.

I'd really like to get out to some of the sick northern WI courses and finally get out to rogers lake in IN. What are the must see courses in WI or any good suggestions for this time of the year?

Telemark in northern wisconsin.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1897

Highbridge was awesome, but Telemark blew it out of the water, in my opinion.

If you're ever in Sheboygan, WI these two are pretty awesome (and not too far off from each other.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1721
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=800
I'd say Vollrath is my favorite course I've played so far (that's not saying too much though seeing as how little I've played). Those are the only two WI courses I've played so far though. Jaycee Park will start off a little bland, but it gets better (especially once in the you enter the woods).

Just be sure whatever courses you decide to play in Wisconsin are still in the ground. I know a number of them get pulled for the winter.

My last work day of the year is 12-21. I would like to get down to Rogers Lakewood....also still need to play Lemon Lake Silver/Gold and White one of these days.

I would also like to check another state off the list, but it looks like the closest option for me would be Ohio. Not sure if I want to do that on a day trip.

Thanks for all the input guys... decisions, decisions.
Looks like Telemark, Highbridge, Rollin Ridge are top candidates right now pending if they are still available to play next weekend.

Friday I may be going to Missouri with a friend to pick up an All Trac celica. Gonna try to find a course/s around Saint Peters, Missouri.

Mondays weather is looking fantastic with a high of 58 degress in the lemon lake/Rodgers lakewood area. If anyone is interested? otherwise may try to play some local courses i've been avoiding for awhile.

In general, what WorldsCoolest said is true; it's getting time to go south.

Telemark and Highbridge are both probably getting questionable; from a temp and snow stand point; althought they're both probably doable at the moment. Telemark may pump thier own snow; you might want to check on that; as I think they're associated with skiing. I don't think High Bridge pulls any baskets and you might get a great rate on the Honka House; with it being off season and such.

Rollin' Ridge will be fine until the first big snow. Right now we're green grass and blue skies. Combine the Ridge with Winter Park and Silver Creek and you have one of the better trifectas anywhere. Grignon Park (plus two little niners near by, if you're a course bagger) and Forest Junction are also not far and there are others open for winter play in the general area. O'Hauser Park, a little south of the Ridge, stays open all winter and is a quality course as well.

I was up in door county two weekends ago, I wanted to hit up rollin ridge so bad but they were closed for deer season. Still managed to play winter park, Silver creek, Sugar creek and Jaycee park in sheboygan though. Sounds like we will have to make another trip up to play some courses around milwaukee and hit up the ridge in the spring.

Ha, not really man; we usually just text or PM each other nowadays... It got too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts