• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*Inaugural DGCR March Madness Mold Championship*

Menacewarf

Double Eagle Member
Hey All.

This is an idea to have a 64 disc bracket elimination to determine the 2013 DGCR March Madness Mold Champion.

The matchups will be decided through polls on this site which will take place durring the corresponding NCAA rounds. For example the first 32 matchups will begin tomorrow 3/21 and end at the close of the next day 3/22. The following five rounds will continue correspondingly.

Since I am late in introducing this I am going to do my best in choosing the top 64 molds and the seeding tonight. Ideally in future years the top 64 molds and seeding will be decided more democraticly. I am going to try to only use discs which have been on the market for more than a short time so that the most people will have had a chance to try them. My thinking is at least 6 months on the market but a 1 year minimum might be a better idea. My apologies if my choices for the top 64 molds or seeding offends anyone's favorite mold or does not include your newest favorite mold but I'll do my best. If anyone wants to discuss the minimum time allowed on the market or anything else we should do that tonight.

My best idea is to start a separate thread for each matchup in the Equipment Forum. I realize this is going to clutter that forum considerably for the first round or two but round one will only be two days. If a Mod wants to create a sub-forum for this to alleviate the clutter that could be a good idea. I can't conceive of a way to make the polls work without having a separate thread for each matchup.

I will post the brackets and matchup winners in this thread. Vote it up, enjoy the madness, and we'll all know our DGCR March Madness Mold Champion by the end of April 8th!

what are we voting on exactly? which disc flys farther? more useful? more consistent? that we like better? or our own criteria?

It surely shouldn't be top 64. Maybe "top" 48, then 16 mid level discs from Millennium, Gateway drivers, and other niche market companies. Just like a 12 seed, you can't count them out.

There's gotta be some kind of link or app that will let you make your own seeds, rather than a vote for each matchup.

Other than that, though. ..awesome idea!

i bet you hear a bunch of complaints about seeds, hope you are able to enjoy your cool idea.

I almost have a top 64 all sketched out. It gets harder and harder as I get towards the end.

On the subject of determining the molds to use and seeds. I am trying to just go off purely what is most popular (talked about, seen on courses, pops up in google searches, ect...) I'm bound to not please everyone determining this and like I said, it should be picked by all of us but their is just not time to do that this year. I'll post what I got in a little while.

i bet you hear a bunch of complaints about seeds, hope you are able to enjoy your cool idea.

I can be pretty thick skinned if I know I try my best. I'll post a draft and let you guys pick away at any obvious omissions here in a bit. Plus the seeding isn't the end of the world as long as its included and in the right ballpark.

I can be pretty thick skinned if I know I try my best. I'll post a draft and let you guys pick away at any obvious omissions here in a bit. Plus the seeding isn't the end of the world as long as its included and in the right ballpark.

you wont get complaints from me. im just guessing what i think will happen.