• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*Inaugural DGCR March Madness Mold Championship*

Kind of confused me too. I seriously hope no one did some low leval hacking to bomb the site with roc votes but I really doubt anyone would go through that kind of trouble. I think it's about all the different forms of Roc, the recent ROC3 thing, and just that roc has just been around longer.

The weird part also is Buzzz jumped out to a decent little lead and then during the day yesterday Roc just crushed.

Of course any online survey is hackable since there really isn't a concise way to prevent multiple voting (even with IPs, which has other side effects). Buzzz only got 47 votes? In the final four, Buzzz got 119 votes when pitted against the almighty Teebird. That would indicate that there are a significant number of golfers who throw both Roc and Buzzz, but prefer Roc overall. I'm definitely of the opinion that they are two different flight patterns that can be in a bag without overlap. However, I don't think it is common to carry both discs. Perhaps since the championship was a short voting time it resulted in fewer Buzzz votes. However, that apparently didn't squelch Roc enthusiasts. In fact, if you add up Roc and Buzzz votes (291) from the final four it is less than the number of votes Roc got in the championship (311). Curious, at best.

In other news, you mentioned the prizes for 1-6th in your previous post, however you listed 7 winners.

I decided to give second place the choice of anything including what 1st doesn't pick. So the 7th disc is either the comet or rhyno. I really hope the survey want tampered with that would bum me out. Not much I can do except maybe dig around on that site a bit and see if a ton of votes came in a very short period.

:(. What a headache. Your right Bac. Someone did bomb the site. I don't know how the site let it happen but a ton of the votes are all the same IP adress. I guess all I can do now is spend the next hour or two deleting all of the responses from that IP adress. Sorry I didn't catch this sooner and shame on who would do that :thmbdown:

You try and do something nice...

Stay tuned for revised results. :(

Well even though survey monkey let this happen and I'm dissapointed in that it did let me filter by IP adress. We had 224 roc votes come in from just two ip addresses. I guess I was just being naive. Thanks for helping me catch this. 311-224 votes = 87 actual votes for roc. Im going to continue to look through the ip addresses for duplicates so I can try to keep this from being a total sham. Blah

Well even though survey monkey let this happen and I'm dissapointed in that it did let me filter by IP adress. We had 224 roc votes come in from just two ip addresses. I guess I was just being naive. Thanks for helping me catch this. 311-224 votes = 87 actual votes for roc. Im going to continue to look through the ip addresses for duplicates so I can try to keep this from being a total sham. Blah

Really? You have people doing something nice for you and someone (2 people) decided to cheat :wall: At least it looks like it won't change the final, it is 87-47 now? That sounds better, I thought Roc would win but more like 60%-40%.

Yup hyzer those are the totals as far as I can tell. I can't find any other IP duplicates although I'm skeptical in general now. The only thing that makes me feel a bit better is that when I googled those IP addresses they are both related to a proxy surver, a tool used by those up to no good on the Internet. So it was likely only one person and they probably could have defeated whatever method I used for the survey.

I agree though, I'm really glad it didn't change the overall result and make me really put my foot in my mouth. I don't even want to strt looking at the past rounds surveys to see if they were hacked too but I might feel obligated too.

The worst part is I had to start paying overages on survey monkey for going over 1000 responses in the month and it was solely thanks to the hacker.

Question: How could this cheaters NOT BE one of the winners?

Clearly someone was voting roc so that their bracket would win. Seriously, why else would it have happened?

Question: How could this cheaters NOT BE one of the winners?

Clearly someone was voting roc so that their bracket would win. Seriously, why else would it have happened?

I hear you. Not really sure how to deal with it though. It would be unfair to punish everyone though because of one cheater. It's a tough situation.

The only other possibility is that ive been trolled pretty hard on here by two users the last month or two and I wouldn't rule either one of them just messing with me out either. It's a little far fetched but the only other thing I can think of.

I reported it to the surveymonkey admins also so maybe they have some counter hacking techniques to figure out who it was. I doubt it though.

What a shame. Sorry some doorknobs had to ruin it for you Menace.

I placed 4th and it wasn't me. Pretty bad it had to end in controversy like this, it was fun watching the brackets when I actually remembered it was going on and I hope you or someone else does this again :)

What a shame. Sorry some doorknobs had to ruin it for you Menace.

It is what it is. I thought all the good faith in the fact that I was doing the entire thing voluntarily and donating close to 100 bucks worth of discs would keep people honest. Well we've seen the answear to that. Like I said I take solace in that it seems like the results didn't change and that for the most part, everyone seemed to have fun and take this as it was intended.

The only other possibility is that ive been trolled pretty hard on here by two users the last month or two and I wouldn't rule either one of them just messing with me out either. It's a little far fetched but the only other thing I can think of.

If i was gonna mess you up, I think I would voted heavily on the underdog. I mean Roc was gonna win anyway, so it looks more like someone did it to cheat instead of in spite.

Alright guys, after much debate I have decided to go with the Rhyno.
Once again, thanks to Menacewarf and everybody else who helped get this thing going.
I picked the Roc solely out of popularity. I've had aces with Rocs and Buzzzes, but I keep Buzzzes in my bag.
I'm pretty sure that next year we will see a lot more unique brackets without the two big Mids in the race.

ok now everyone is going to get angry cause exact mold variations were not specified....what a joke some of you are! this was for FUN! and thrown together in the last minutes. jeez man. You get all butt hurt over the Roc mold variations, well what about the buzzz variations? ridiculous.

Plus you all shouldnt be surprised that the Buzzz was destroyed. there are more than 2 dominant mids now out there. and personally i think the buzzz sales will take the biggest hit over the rocs.

cant believe someone would cheat for this....though with this crowd it doesnt surprise me at all.

Last edited:
ok now everyone is going to get angry cause exact mold variations were not specified....what a joke some of you are! this was for FUN! and thrown together in the last minutes. jeez man. You get all butt hurt over the Roc mold variations, well what about the buzzz variations? ridiculous.

Plus you all shouldnt be surprised that the Buzzz was destroyed. there are more than 2 dominant mids now out there. and personally i think the buzzz sales will take the biggest hit over the rocs.

cant believe someone would cheat for this....though with this crowd it doesnt surprise me at all.

Who's angry? I think you're angry, no?

Is there a way to get the IP addresses from winners? If you have the cheating IP address can't you locate it geographically pretty easily? Or the proxy server masks that?

Thanks for the support guys. That's what I need to hear to be motivated to do this again post cheating scandle.

You heard Steve he wants the Rhyno. Second place whats it gonna be? You can choose from everything in the picture I posted.

PM me your addresses guys. If I get it all squared away by Thursday I can mail them out then. otherwise it won't be for a week or so as I'm gonna be away.

Is there a way to get the IP addresses from winners? If you have the cheating IP address can't you locate it geographically pretty easily? Or the proxy server masks that?

Yup this proxy server site is used for that purpose of giving you a dummy IP adress is my understanding from the googling I did today.

Huh. The think that really sucks is the question of whether or not they've been doing it in previous rounds... maybe my poor Teebird did win after all. Maybe this has all been fixed!?

Not that I expect you to go back and look, Menace. I'm honestly half joking here. I'm curious if someone's totally messed with this whole game, but there's only so much you can do.

I guess you just have to go with what you have. Sucks, but so it goes.

Huh. The think that really sucks is the question of whether or not they've been doing it in previous rounds... maybe my poor Teebird did win after all. Maybe this has all been fixed!?

Not that I expect you to go back and look, Menace. I'm honestly half joking here. I'm curious if someone's totally messed with this whole game, but there's only so much you can do.

I guess you just have to go with what you have. Sucks, but so it goes.

the last round was hacked too. :wall:

What a disaster. I think I have to go back and change everything to remove all of the hacked responses. That's the only way to possibly make sure the cheater doesn't win. Does everyone agree?

I really hate to have announced winners and have to change it but I think it's more important to try to prevent the cheater from winning.

Can't bielieve someone would spoil the hole contest for one freaking disc.

Latest posts