• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*Inaugural DGCR March Madness Mold Championship*

IP addresses should be stored for each user (on a per post level) for flood prevention and other utilities. An administrator would be able to better answer that...although I doubt they will give out IP addresses.

Im too busy going through IP adresses to do the slueth work but here are the round two picks that were entered 15 times

Roc
Pd
Wasp
Leopard
Destroyer
Nuke
Comet
eagle
Buzzz
Firebird
Wraith
Wizzard
Aviar
Gator
Challenger
Teebird

My bet would be you find someone in the top 10 or 20 with those picks and that's the person. Though we shouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly because it could also be coincidence...maybe

Yeah I didn't expect them to give out the addresses, but if menace could give the addresses that spammed the votes maybe they could check.

Also I find it intreasting how the cheating started with smaller numbers and spread out amongs a number of ip addresses but as the contest goes on it gets more amplified and less spread out.

Yeah I didn't expect them to give out the addresses, but if menace could give the addresses that spammed the votes maybe they could check.

It's tons of different ip addresses in some rounds but always with the same picks and always different Ip addresses round to round. Someone knew their way around being a dick on the Internet.

Last edited:
Also the 15 duplicate votes in round two changed three winners. In reality

Zone beat Gator

R. Runner beat challenger

River beat Wasp

Im too busy going through IP adresses to do the slueth work but here are the round two picks that were entered 15 times

Roc
Pd
Wasp
Leopard
Destroyer
Nuke
Comet
eagle
Buzzz
Firebird
Wraith
Wizzard
Aviar
Gator
Challenger
Teebird

My bet would be you find someone in the top 10 or 20 with those picks and that's the person. Though we shouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly because it could also be coincidence...maybe

So your saying that all above discs each had exactly an extra 15 fake votes casted for them?

Call me Sherlock :D

Zone beat Gator
River beat Wasp

I knew the winners from these matchups didnt seem right. the River & Zone are too popular on this site not to dominate.

Yes jsc. Those all had the same ip adress voting for those discs 15 times.

The next round however, round 3, was spread out over 7 IP addresses each with duplicate votes and with 19 total duplicates all for the same molds. This round was more obvious though and none of the results were altered.

Yes jsc. Those all had the same ip adress voting for those discs 15 times.

The next round however, round 3, was spread out over 7 IP addresses each with duplicate votes and with 19 total duplicates all for the same molds. This round was more obvious though and none of the results were altered.

I'm going through the top 10 in the second round. Can you post the discs that the proxy votes for in round 3 when you get a chance?

pitchforks-torches-mob-260x192.jpg

Teebird 66.88% 105
Def
Buzzz 33.12% 52
When I remove the 68 duplicate votes in the Final 4. This is the only other change other than the fact the 3 changes from round 2 never got a chance but I don't think it's worth going back that far.

This means we need to redo the championship. Should I start a new thread with a poll here? I don't like that you can see the results as you go but I don't want to use survey monkey. Maybe I can find a different survey site that actually blocks repeat ip addresses.

Well keep us posted. I was excited about taking second but if I end up not getting a disc that is fine. Like someone else said, it was free to enter, and I had fun. I kinda feel like that kid who was just told that Santa is really his parents :confused: People really need to get a life and stop messing with our fun.

Sorry for the fakout. I take some responsibility for never looking through at the ip addresses but like I said, I wasn't being cynical enough.

I'll look through my used disc pile and see if there is any way I can hook up more people but I got to think about it more. Don't know if it would be more fair to hook up the people that got faked out or just pay out deeper.

What does everyone think about doing the championship in a poll on here in a new thread? That would limit abuse I think, but would make the results viewable the whole time.

Again sorry everyone got punked. We'll have this more figured out for next year.

Don't know if it would be more fair to hook up the people that got faked out or just pay out deeper.

I think everyone agrees you've gone above and beyond, Menace. Don't raid too deep into your own stash because someone decided to cheat the system. I'm sure we'll all be okay however the chips fall. Like we've said, this was all in fun.... for most of us, anyway.

I think everyone agrees you've gone above and beyond, Menace. Don't raid too deep into your own stash because someone decided to cheat the system. I'm sure we'll all be okay however the chips fall. Like we've said, this was all in fun.... for most of us, anyway.

this ^^

it doesn't matter to me either way if I end up in or out of the standings after a redo, it was for fun and I had no expectations in the first place.