• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Factory Store freebie Friday

Bought an unnecessary stack, I haven't grabbed any plastic in quite a while now. Looks like I'm trying a Gstar Destroyer too for no apparent reason other than free shipping lol

I don't dislike the Shryke, I just think it's not different enough from the Wraith/Tern combo I use now.

F2 FRIDAY ALERT!
🚀
Boost your distance and blast down the fairway with a FREE F2 Star Shryke at the Innova Factory Store!
🌠
Add 3+ discs, apply code: 'SKYBOUND', and soar into the weekend!
🛒
✨

Link for details https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/f2-friday/

Dang, I like the light weight Shryke a lot, but I have too many light weight distance bombers already. Going to have to check my discs, and maybe soul search a bit - trying to stop buying more discs except for when I really need something, or deals like the flash sale, where I basically buy discs for prices I can get for them in trade at a DG store.

This time of the year, I load up on three Star Mamba 145-149g to get ready for wind season and cut corners around water. So that's what I ordered. I lost last year's 3rd disc in July.

Don't need another Star Shryke, still have last year's 167g and has been a reliable strong downwind stable disc. Maybe I'll get a different weight, and start taking more risky throws.

I've had both the Star Wraith and Tern, and the Tern seems to be closer in line with the Shryke

This time of the year, I load up on three Star Mamba 145-149g to get ready for wind season and cut corners around water. So that's what I ordered. I lost last year's 3rd disc in July.

Don't need another Star Shryke, still have last year's 167g and has been a reliable strong downwind stable disc. Maybe I'll get a different weight, and start taking more risky throws.

I've had both the Star Wraith and Tern, and the Tern seems to be closer in line with the Shryke
The light weight Mambas are too under stable for me. Too hard for me to get the hyzer angle right. I had one that I really liked, that was very forgiving, and seemed to love to flip to flat and run straight a long ways regardless of my hyzer angle, but it was a DX, and I had two big tree hits in one day. One took a chunk out of it, and the other folded it like a taco. I flattened it back out, it looked the same, but after those two hits, it never flew the same again. I still have 5-6 Mambas, where I tried to get another like that one, but all of the rest were too finicky - require perfect hyzer angle, and after those two tree hits, that one did as well. Twas a sad day! Several Terns have been among my favorites, and a Shryke and a Corvette lately. Have a Boss that I like - I can get a fairly consistent distance and a reliably stable fade left. Trying to work my way to some 7-9 speed stuff that I can get long and consistent enough to use light weight, high speed bombers less, but has not happened so far. Fun stuff!

The light weight Mambas are too under stable for me. Too hard for me to get the hyzer angle right. I had one that I really liked, that was very forgiving, and seemed to love to flip to flat and run straight a long ways regardless of my hyzer angle, but it was a DX, and I had two big tree hits in one day. One took a chunk out of it, and the other folded it like a taco. I flattened it back out, it looked the same, but after those two hits, it never flew the same again. I still have 5-6 Mambas, where I tried to get another like that one, but all of the rest were too finicky - require perfect hyzer angle, and after those two tree hits, that one did as well. Twas a sad day! Several Terns have been among my favorites, and a Shryke and a Corvette lately. Have a Boss that I like - I can get a fairly consistent distance and a reliably stable fade left. Trying to work my way to some 7-9 speed stuff that I can get long and consistent enough to use light weight, high speed bombers less, but has not happened so far. Fun stuff!
I'm almost 4 years in the bag with Star Mamba's, DX's one and done, didn't like them. I've had 148-149g in the bag for more than two years when I was told by an FA that she could turn/flip them, and I bought one from the park office she was working at with a course. It took a lot of field practice to make it work, but they'll pick up distance with helping high winds, the lightweight discs mostly in the winter when the wind is blowing. I've had up to 170g those are good for moderate wooded courses for low flying ground skips, I keep one in the bag in the summer when I spend most of my time in wooded courses, this past summer a 161g. The higher weights no luck in getting them to flip in high winds. Not sure If I'll bring back a heavier one next year, I'm becoming more consistent with Waves and Orbitals for the woods.

Star Terns 167g when I had one great for all types of wooded courses when playing straight away fairways, not long on distance. Kinda of sort of thinking about bringing one back, if I see one in PIAS I just might do it.

The Star Shryke I mentioned with a G-Star Corvette 168g great disc for down wind, the Corvette lower to the ground great skips, both for heavier wind, and survived last winter without losing them. They've been sitting in a box since May, and also new for this year an F2 G-Star Shryke 168g, an F2 G-Star Corvette 163g, Star Corvette 167g, all waiting for there turn in heavier downwind. I won't keep all of them, just those I perform the best with, I'll have it worked out within a few weeks, maybe starting in two weeks. The two veteran discs have the upper hand, so it won't take long to figure out the other discs. Before I move onto these discs.................

Still trying to work out 12-speeds for strong headwinds Philo Star Destroyer 167g, DD3 175g, Horizon Cloudbreaker 173g, and a Time Lapse arriving in a few weeks. Tomorrow with 15-20 mph wind would like to see it higher, but good enough for a workout on the practice field. Last years two F2 Star Destroyers were a gold mine, a Stiff 172g headwind, and a flippy 166g downwind great discs, one lost in water, the other in heavy leaf's searched a half hour for it. So here I'm, trying to figure it out. This year's two F2 Star Destroyers sucked, seemed to be a different type of plastic, and to Domey. but that's how it goes with Destroyers sometimes, and last time thru F2 store.

^It throws great too! All I can tell that's "wrong" with it is a tiny pencil point sized ripple in the flight plate. Hell the F2 stamp is worse than the disc itself lol

Got in 36 at a local pitch and putt, only brought my putting putters and new Champ Terns/Gstar Destroyers. It was fun throwing high speed stuff on <300' holes. I haven't had to think that much about flexes, release angles, etc in some time now. I'm so dialed in with my mids and putters it was foreign but familiar.

Probably just rejected for not having any color in the flight plate. I've gotten a few F2 that had a visual defect only visible when held up to a light.

They're closed Friday so the freebie came early (that's what she said). The last one of these actually made my bag, pretty sweet slow turning one.

With the Factory Store closed for Thanksgiving weekend, we figured we'd give everyone a head start since it's basically already Friday for us. Add 3+ discs and enter 'givethanksandbirdies' to get an F2 Star Roadrunner for FREE! Limit 1 per person per week.
Link below for details.

proshop.innovadiscs.com/f2-friday/

I have a few Roadrunners, Star and GStar, and my son and I both really find them to be less under stable than the numbers indicate. Where the Mamba has a -5 turn, it really turns like crazy, and has to be released on a hyzer. The Roadrunner has a -4 turn, but works best released flat, turns some, then fades late, and usually ends up combining into a pretty straight flight. Flies a lot more like a -2 for us, rather than a -4.

I just lost a star destroyer, hmmm

Power up your game with the most popular distance driver in the sport. Buy any 3 discs and score an F2 Star Destroyer for FREE by using code 'F2STARPOWER' at checkout. Link for details.
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/f2-friday/
I bit on the santa stamp star destroyer this week. Picked up a rollo and a couple of halo discs to play with.
I've never really messed with rollers, but the rollo works as advertised, flips over and rolls easily. The few times I used it it consistently turned right at about 300'.

I was addicted to the F2 Friday sales, but the recent $4 and $5 flash sales helped break me. Well, combined with the fact that I have over 150 discs, and decided no more buying unless it is an irresistible deal, or something I am convinced I want to try, and I already checked my stuff to make sure I don't have something very similar (and try it first). No more buying discs just to buy - only irresistible deals or VERY FEW irresistible discs. As it is, I need some dedicated DG shelves, soon!

Agreed, and I thought I was free of the spell BUT now that I have all these reward points AND they just released these beautiful soft pros!! However, I did manage to stop at 2 and only had to pay for shipping.

Agreed, and I thought I was free of the spell BUT now that I have all these reward points AND they just released these beautiful soft pros!! However, I did manage to stop at 2 and only had to pay for shipping.
Nice. 2 discs and only paid for shipping sounds like a great deal to me!

Probably just rejected for not having any color in the flight plate. I've gotten a few F2 that had a visual defect only visible when held up to a light.
Yep I had one where discs 2 backup F2 Shark 3 Champion were supposed to be chartreuse/highlighter green and had a fully combine 50/50 mix of yellow and the green color to have this bright green with yellow hue in the green color. Another of the backups of Shark 3 Champion in a Rose Red F2 Shark 3 champion was supposed to be the Deep Red but got a color I can find on the course and finally I got some Shark 3 F2 where disc was no longer translucent in actual pink opaque that looked more like old DX in very lightweight plastic/some DX Dragons only shiny.

Latest posts