• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Factory Store freebie Friday

Sometimes you get this itch you have to scratch?! Daedalus! I had eyed it several times, but never got one. Then the past few weeks I met a newer player throwing one, and then this week I played twice with a guy that throws a 175g one. He mostly throws at about my level, but then he throws that 175g Star Daedalus up to about 300', almost on a rope, and quite accurate. I max about 250' mostly, with a rare 275'. I throw a lot of Tern, Shryke, Corvette, Katana, about 145-155g, and wondering, can a 156-159g Daedalus really do anything for me that those don't already do? I figured no, so I was patiently waiting, hoping for an irresistible deal to pop up on one, but watching him bomb that thing sure has me itching to try one. I wish they came down to 150g, but 156-159g Star is the lightest F2 I have seen. Anyways, tell me am I right thinking the Daedalus is not going to be a miracle disc for me compared to what I am already throwing, and I should stay patient waiting for a great deal, instead of jumping on the first interesting F2 Friday disc deal I like at all to snag one!!! Recovering addict, trying to stop buying more and more plastic!!!

I've never actually seen a halo beast

🎅
Ho Ho HALO!
🎅
We've got a holiday treat for our Factory Store fans. Add 3+ discs and enter 'holidayhalo' to get a Santa-stamped F2 HALO Star Beast for FREE! Check link for details.
🎄
🎁

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/f2-friday/

I'm going to take a flyer and pick one up. I tried a Champion Beast and didn't like it much, although I've found a few Innova discs (Sidewinder, Mako3) where the Champ versions just don't work well for me. I'll try to beg them to send me a lighter Beast.

I need to stock up on some discs anyway after donating a few to the Fall leaf piles in the past few weeks. Also, will pick up a few more Glow discs as it's that time of year.

I just got a glow F2 Firebird and took it out last night. A true-to-line flyer and bright AF, it's going in my regular bag. The DX Valks do not glow much at all.

I find the DX Valks passable unless there's a full moon. The DX Rocs are much better.

Sometimes you get this itch you have to scratch?! Daedalus! I had eyed it several times, but never got one. Then the past few weeks I met a newer player throwing one, and then this week I played twice with a guy that throws a 175g one. He mostly throws at about my level, but then he throws that 175g Star Daedalus up to about 300', almost on a rope, and quite accurate. I max about 250' mostly, with a rare 275'. I throw a lot of Tern, Shryke, Corvette, Katana, about 145-155g, and wondering, can a 156-159g Daedalus really do anything for me that those don't already do? I figured no, so I was patiently waiting, hoping for an irresistible deal to pop up on one, but watching him bomb that thing sure has me itching to try one. I wish they came down to 150g, but 156-159g Star is the lightest F2 I have seen. Anyways, tell me am I right thinking the Daedalus is not going to be a miracle disc for me compared to what I am already throwing, and I should stay patient waiting for a great deal, instead of jumping on the first interesting F2 Friday disc deal I like at all to snag one!!! Recovering addict, trying to stop buying more and more plastic!!!
A little more than a year ago at PIAS picked up a G-Star Daedalus, and a Star Daedalus both around 167g in weight, never had seen them there before, or the other two PIAS in my area. Two totally different disc, the Star stiff faded away, always no distance overstable. The G-Star flippy all turn, but not into the ground, long distance, LHBH great for dogleg left or in the open with a helping wind cross wind. I remember on the practice field both would land about 200 feet apart a lot of extra walking, ha.

On a straight target with the g-star it would make that turn taking you further away from a straight target, so dogleg only. Longer distance than a Star Mamba and thought if I could get it to straighten back towards center fading back in maybe 320-340 feet awesome for a now 60-year-old. After about a month cut short a dogleg down fairway clips a tree across fairway disappear out of sight behind trees and into a huge pile of leaves would have been lucky to have found it, this would have been a year ago. The Star I traded for something else, PIAS sold out the other few G-Star they had.

If I was to see a G-Star today at PIAS I would pick it up it was a fun disc to throw with the wind, a year ago a 2-step, now a 3-step. Flipping my bag I had other disc priorities, and with form development, the G-star would of been too much of a work in progress and decided not to order it online. This time next year I should be complete with form development on a 4-step, and the G-star eventually I'll experiment with along about a dozen other discs I've had in the past.

A little more than a year ago at PIAS picked up a G-Star Daedalus, and a Star Daedalus both around 167g in weight, never had seen them there before, or the other two PIAS in my area. Two totally different disc, the Star stiff faded away, always no distance overstable. The G-Star flippy all turn, but not into the ground, long distance, LHBH great for dogleg left or in the open with a helping wind cross wind. I remember on the practice field both would land about 200 feet apart a lot of extra walking, ha.

On a straight target with the g-star it would make that turn taking you further away from a straight target, so dogleg only. Longer distance than a Star Mamba and thought if I could get it to straighten back towards center fading back in maybe 320-340 feet awesome for a now 60-year-old. After about a month cut short a dogleg down fairway clips a tree across fairway disappear out of sight behind trees and into a huge pile of leaves would have been lucky to have found it, this would have been a year ago. The Star I traded for something else, PIAS sold out the other few G-Star they had.

If I was to see a G-Star today at PIAS I would pick it up it was a fun disc to throw with the wind, a year ago a 2-step, now a 3-step. Flipping my bag I had other disc priorities, and with form development, the G-star would of been too much of a work in progress and decided not to order it online. This time next year I should be complete with form development on a 4-step, and the G-star eventually I'll experiment with along about a dozen other discs I've had in the past.
Well, I already ordered before I saw your post. F2 Friday - free disc is an F2 Halo Santa Beast. I figured they don't do Halo freebies often, and a Santa disc pretty rare, so I fired off an order. The Daedalus, I ordered a 156-159g Star - it was the lightest Daedalus I could find, and I really would have liked 145-155g, as that seems to be the best weight for me for distance bomber discs. The lightest GStar was even heavier than that. I hope it works for me, though that weight might make it a disc I still have to grow into a little. I have played since April, and still keep improving, adding a little better form and/or more arm speed every now and then. I am 54 years old - hoping for maybe 300' in the next few months - time will tell.

Well, I already ordered before I saw your post. F2 Friday - free disc is an F2 Halo Santa Beast. I figured they don't do Halo freebies often, and a Santa disc pretty rare, so I fired off an order. The Daedalus, I ordered a 156-159g Star - it was the lightest Daedalus I could find, and I really would have liked 145-155g, as that seems to be the best weight for me for distance bomber discs. The lightest GStar was even heavier than that. I hope it works for me, though that weight might make it a disc I still have to grow into a little. I have played since April, and still keep improving, adding a little better form and/or more arm speed every now and then. I am 54 years old - hoping for maybe 300' in the next few months - time will tell.
I wouldn't mind knowing the weight of the g-star you get and if it turns for you. If I was to order, I think it'd be two, one at the lowest weight and one at the highest weight to see how it balances out. I thought the potential was there for it to be a longer distance driver than my g-star Corvette or my star Shryke down wind. perhaps I'll find out sometime next year, at the beginning of wind season. I'm surprised when I had the star it was so over stable, maybe it was an anomaly. but we all have different forms and disc can react differently and I'm learning that transitioning from a two-step to a three step earlier this year my disc behave differently.

Yeah. Every time I improve a little, make a step forward, I have to reevaluate all of my discs. Most of the time, they all get slightly more under stable (more turn) as I throw harder/faster/better. Which works for some discs, makes some too flippy, in some means I go to a little bit heavier weight. Crazy how many variables there are that can be tweaked in this game!

Nuts, I've really started to click with the Beast as a forehand disc. Woulda been glorious, but was off line the last few days.

I am 54 years old - hoping for maybe 300' in the next few months - time will tell.
If you're struggling to break 300 there's not really a magic distance driver that's going to get you there. Trust me I found that out the hard way.

If you haven't already got some sidewinders or roadrunners those would be your ticket, or a DX Valkyrie or Leopard(3).

I've never seen one of these in the wild -

For the last F2 Friday of 2023 (we're closed next week) we figured we'd give out something every golfer would want to find under their tree. Add 3+ discs and enter 'beyourownsanta' to get an F2 HALO Star Roadrunner for FREE!! Restrictions apply.
The Roadrunner - I think Innova's ad on twitter made it seem like it will be a Santa Halo Star? It didn't say it like last week's Beast ad, but the code is 'beyourownsanta', and there was a pic of a Halo Santa disc below it. ???
Last week's Halo Santa Beast is a super cool looking disc (you know, for an F2)!

The Roadrunner - I think Innova's ad on twitter made it seem like it will be a Santa Halo Star? It didn't say it like last week's Beast ad, but the code is 'beyourownsanta', and there was a pic of a Halo Santa disc below it. ???
Last week's Halo Santa Beast is a super cool looking disc (you know, for an F2)!
Last month that Star Shryke and the Star Mamba's I ordered came green with a turkey stamp on them
How did those Daedalus work out and what weight

Last month that Star Shryke and the Star Mamba's I ordered came green with a turkey stamp on them
How did those Daedalus work out and what weight
I just ordered one F2 Star Daedalus - came turquoise, 158g. Limited use today, because I tried out about 50 discs that I have not used much, but it was okay. Did not get the distance I was hoping for with it - I probably still need to grow into the weight a little bit. I got a 148g F2 Colossus with the same order, and they flew about the same - about 225', mostly straight. I need to try them again when I throw fewer discs, so I can give them more attention. My best disc right now is a 150g F2 Star Katana, that I get about 250' with fairly regular, with a rare 'magic' throw out to 280-290'. My big discoveries of the day were that I still get some of my best throws with Terns, and a 132g DX Mamba that was actually somewhat consistently turning into a roller and getting big distance. I had one 300'. It seems like if I throw it hard, flat, but just a little higher than my usual flat and 6-10' off the ground, it will flip into a roller, going a bit right, and often a very long ways. We got a hole on our regular course that it should be perfect for, so I plan to throw it as a second practice disc there and see how it goes - play it by ear. I have not been a fan of rollers so far - I had zero ability to do anything close to consistent with them, until today!

Been wanting to get another Halo RR since I accidentally threw my Korver straight (into the drink). 1 backup for my wife's paper plate (130 class RR) and a couple 160s for me got me there.

I just switched back to Starfires since I just didn't connect with the Thundy, but this looks like a good one -

With Firebird speed and Teebird glide, the [9|5|0|2] Thunderbird is a versatile weapon for every disc golf battlefield.
🔥
Use code "THUNDERSTRUCK" at checkout for a FREE F2 Halo Star Thunderbird!
⚡️

Restrictions apply.
🏆
Don't miss the flight!

I am not a big Thunderbird person, but my son and I wanted a couple discs, so a free Halo Thunderbird - what the heck. Offsets shipping cost, and I can probably get at least $6-7 for it if I barely use it and trade it in later.

The RR was indeed a holiday stamp. As part of my order I got a FS 130's RR for the wife, it had a Thanksgiving stamp.